Thread: Troll racial

Deleted

Troll racial

I'm going to potentially start raiding again after having a break for a few months, I always like to do whatever I can to improve my performance in game and I was wondering how much of a difference being a Troll is this tier. My DK is currently Orc, which if I'm not wrong is, outside of beast fights, quite a lot better than troll, and so far I've only done LFR and watched a bunch of kill videos, it seems to me that only 5 or so of the 12 bosses are beasts and granted the 5% damage is amazing for those does it really out weigh the Orc racials? I can easily believe that classes where Orc and Troll are very close under normal circumstances would have no question about it, but the Orc racials are so perfect for DK. Also it seems the more difficult HC fights (Dark Animus, Lei Shen) aren't beasts anyway, is that true? Thanks.

Deleted
    IF you plan on going unholy , i suggest go troll. With the racial combined haste increased and your diseases, that will add up in DPS! Then again , orc racial is insane and probarly better but , it's all your call.

The impact it'll have on your raid is near to minimal. While it will be helpful, unless you're at the cutting edge of Heroic Raiding, you'd be better off not wasting the money, and putting it towards something else.

If you're wiping on a boss due to needing 1% more Damage, the changes are something is going wrong elsewhere, and it shouldn't be needed for you to switch your race to fulfil that, due to others failing.

Do what you think is best. It will benefit your team, but the percentile value really isn't worth it.

Orcs are currently better for Festerblight, which, if you really want to min-max, is what you should be playing.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Orcs are currently better for Festerblight, which, if you really want to min-max, is what you should be playing.
    This is what I suspected, because the troll on-use racial doesn't really affect it but the Orc one is extra AP when you apply super diseases, this is definitely the spec I want to play as well (guild has Ji-Kun HC down so give that trinket!). So with this in mind I think I will probably stay Orc, thanks for the responses guys.

Sigh, if only Blizzard would at least give the impression that they cared about giving the Alliance racials that are even remotely competitive with Horde racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Sigh, if only Blizzard would at least give the impression that they cared about giving the Alliance racials that are even remotely competitive with Horde racials.
    I'd prefer they revisited (which they've talked about, probably coming with the new models) all racials and made them (more) even somehow.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    I'd prefer they revisited (which they've talked about, probably coming with the new models) all racials and made them (more) even somehow.
    The problem with that line of thinking is the insanely boring homogenisation you get from stuff like that. Considering the fractions of % increases the current racials provide I really don't see an issue with leaving them the way they are. It won't help the casual or even non-bleeding edge raider and it leaves them with the cosmetic choice (or lore, or whatever else they want to pick their race based on) but for those who are desperate they can pick a race based on class/spec.

/shrug
    For normal npcs, orc sims like 100 dps ahead of troll for unholy regular and FB.
    For beasts, which is mostly the bulk of the hard bosses early on for Throne, it's obvously all Troll.

And on normal anyway, the last few bosses aren't even that much of a challenge :P

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go tauren, dat warstomp.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Darkflight and 1% free crit ain't exactly shitty, son.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Darkflight and 1% free crit ain't exactly shitty, son.
    Neither is Free PVP trinket, and a fistful of other racials i'm not thinking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    dont forget 5% pet dmg as orc when playing unholy your ghoul is da bomb!

I wonder, can Stoneform purge bleeds like Arterial Cut still?
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

yes, stoneform is pretty awesome on quite a few fights this tier