Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I first read this as "Uganda" and assumed it was some kind of warped joke.

Good for them.

Unless Uruguay is part of England or Scotland then the source article says nothing about Uruguay.

EDIT:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...l-8568525.html

I think you want this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Unless Uruguay is part of England or Scotland then the source article says nothing about Uruguay.

EDIT:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...l-8568525.html

I think you want this one.
    I agree. It says nothing about Uruguay

Quote Originally Posted by Peeb View Post
    I agree. It says nothing about Uruguay
    My bad, I was looking at Rich's link. Shhh. Nobody must ever know I made a mistake in an internet discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    They've managed to live just fine without it for the last few years ... We're not talking about abusive behaviour on-going to the gay community. I'm talking about how our leaders should have their focus on their countries finances, the issues in Syria & Korea, the business opportunities in China & Africa.

All well and good for the gay community to be able to marry, I said it before, that I am in favour of it, but if my Prime Minister is more concerned about getting the Gay Vote, then keeping the billion dollar entrepreneurs in the country, then he is a moron.

No value in having a country totally acceptant of gay marriage, when you're financially in the hole.

There is a difference between not thinking it is natural, and being opposed. I personally don't see two men kissing as natural as a Man & Women kissing. I'm not against it, but in my upbringing I don't see it as the same. Doesn't mean I am opposed to it though.
    Anyone who doesn't think it's natural clearly doesn't give a fuck about nature.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lunarpower View Post
    Don't think it's natural. I have gay friends and lesbian friends, I don't voice my opinion to them of course, that would be rude.
    How can you not think it's natural is my question? I would expect to find no homosexual behaviour in nature, if it's not natural yet nature will not agree with your opinion. In order to say "not natural" one has to be willingly ignorant and ignore nature all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think it's natural clearly doesn't give a fuck about nature.
    ---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 11:28 AM ----------

How can you not think it's natural is my question? I would expect to find no homosexual behaviour in nature, if it's not natural yet nature will not agree with your opinion. In order to say "not natural" one has to be willingly ignorant and ignore nature all together.
    I'd suggest ignoring nature based arguments all together. Any argument in which nature is brought up assumes that humans are either above or below nature (and not equal to) which means that the argument is based on the existence of the supernatural, which means "natural vs. unnatural" is a faith based argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I'd suggest ignoring nature based arguments all together. Any argument in which nature is brought up assumes that humans are either above or below nature (and not equal to) which means that the argument is based on the existence of the supernatural, which means "natural vs. unnatural" is a faith based argument.

Jut refer him to a link I posted earlier but there's a huge page on wikipedia documenting homosexuality in animals and there's loads of cases dating back til like 1900, involving birds and primates and even farmyard animals. Whether its nature or not doesn't come into it because so many species exhibit it that it becomes an equalizing effect in itself for the purposes of sexuality.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I don't know but it seems like you aren't allowed to express your opinion if you are against gay marriage on this forum? Or am I wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    I don't know but it seems like you aren't allowed to express your opinion if you are against gay marriage on this forum? Or am I wrong?
    Why come into a thread celebrating something with the sole intention of bashing it? I don't go into the football threads saying how much I hate the game, same thing applies here.

Well the reasons for being against gay marriage lie in ignorance and religion and bigotry that likely comes from ignorance or religion. Do you think a topic expressing how Asians shouldn't be allowed to marry based on your bigoted opinion of them?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why come into a thread celebrating something with the sole intention of bashing it? I don't go into the football threads saying how much I hate the game, same thing applies here.
    Thread and echo chambers are two very different things.

Most people who are against it is highly religious, and they would argue it's not natrual because (men here) the sex is not natrual, even if man and woman have that type of sex. Haveing normal sex (woman and man) is producing children, everything else is "wrong".

^That is not my opinion though, but i have had discussions with very religious people before on this matter, and they won't budge.
    I do have a lesbian friend, and i'm not against it, as i think everyone should be able to live their life without haveing others judge their choice. However yday i watched a episode of spartacus, sex scene with two men. While i don't judge gay people or think of them any less than anyone else, i didn't really enjoy watching it, while my girlfriend however said i was silly for looking away and she said it was sexy and cute.

There is something diffrent to actually watch it, if i see two men kissing on the street, or two straight men kissing drunk at a party (wtf Norwegians) my brain see it, but it's telling me it's wrong. While at the same time i tell myself "shut up they love eachother and it's right!". I would never kiss another man tho, (like norwegians) sometimes do. Men flirting with me is awkward, but i don't rage at them for trying though.

I'm from a family who is 100% against it though, while i say im not, there is still some "blindedness" left in me to really accept it, and its fucking annoying to not being able to be okey with it.

Tbh we should discuss why people are against it. If we never talk about it, we will never resolve the issue of people that are against it.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

I couldn't have a serious discussion with someone against gay marriage and being gay in general. You have to be closed minded an willingly ignorant, and I prefer to not talk to people like that.

The only things they can say is "in my opinion" or "it's my belief" or "my feeling" and all I can think is... "fuck your short sighted ignorant beliefs, you can have your beliefs all you want but don't force them on the country, that's just being a giant douche"

Good for Uruguay.

The "we have more important things to worry about!" argument has to be right up there with the "is it natural?" one in terms of irrelevance. They're just smoke screens desperately thrown up to try to distract people from a fairly straightforward civil rights issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no problem at all with being against gay marriage. However, there are two reasons why your post was not allowed:
    1. Your post was unconstructive.
    2. Your post was, in my opinion and my co-moderators, to bash homos. This is not allowed on this forum.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    2. Your post was, in my opinion and my co-moderators, to bash homos. This is not allowed on this forum.
    sorry, but this cracked me up
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I couldn't have a serious discussion with someone against gay marriage and being gay in general. You have to be closed minded an willingly ignorant, and I prefer to not talk to people like that.

The only things they can say is "in my opinion" or "it's my belief" or "my feeling" and all I can think is... "fuck your short sighted ignorant beliefs, you can have your beliefs all you want but don't force them on the country, that's just being a giant douche"
    You should though. If they say "in my opinion", "It's my belief" or "my feelings", you should say what you think of it. Most people that are against it only see their own side of the issue, they do not see the other side. So makeing them hear or see the other side, then they will slowly change their mind.
    As my mother as an example is (religious) and is against it, we have had discussions about it many times, the topic came up due to me being friend with a lesbian (or she is bisexual). But i can tell you she is not so against it now after she have heard about the "feelings of others".

It's also not so common (atleast i haven't seen many gay/lesbians couples often), so showing it on television is good aswell, so people grow "used" to it. Alteast it helps people to open up to it.
    Last edited by Aspect of Death; 2013-04-11 at 04:51 PM.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    There is no problem at all with being against gay marriage. However, there are two reasons why your post was not allowed:
    1. Your post was unconstructive.
    Ridiculous. I was in no way bashing gays. I have nothing against them.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Gays are entitled to be miserable too.

haha awesome comment :-)
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunz View Post
    haha awesome comment :-)
    Marriage is about 3 rings. Engagement Ring, Wedding Ring and Eternal SuffeRING.