Coke Zero IS the healthier alternative.
    Aspartame sure is healthy...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What about my mom who drinks 2 2 liters a day?
    Then she has other things to worry about other than aspartame.

Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    1) people did not live longer and healthier lives in the past
    Yes they did.

2) even if they did, there would be conflating reasons for it
    Better lifestyles, diets, environments.

3) any science that is that old is inherently suspect
    Why ... ?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanz View Post
    Everyone is talking my comment about "THE FITTEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD." Out of context. I literally mean the healthiest people in the entire planet. These people do not drink diet soda. They do not eat non organic.
    Can i just ask, Do you have any proof whatsoever to back this up? Because you knowing who the fittest person(s) in the world are, and their exact diet,is honestly, far fetched at best, Can you actually show us any proof that you're not making this up? I see a lot of people making crap up on these forums to try and bolster an empty argument:P

Diet colas etc i could understand you thinking they wouldn't consume, But only eating organic foods? I doubt that very much

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Yes they did.
    Have you a source on this? The only reports i can find say how people are living longer now than previous generations, the only thing i found about people living longer in the past is some bible stuff about people living to 800-something:P Would like to read something with more facts in it than that
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2013-04-11 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    I'm going to assume they do given the bottle in front of me that lists it under the ingredients.

Just had a thought, is it different in different countries? UK here.
    Coke zero contains sodium cyclamate instead of aspartame in some countries (Germany, Italy, Spain, and others).

Also in some countries, diet Coke uses sucralose rather than aspartame.
    Last edited by Masark; 2013-04-11 at 02:58 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What country and what past do you refer to? I mean..if you want to make that claim, please back it up. I like to see that chart that tells me people in 1539 were 125 years old on average.....

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 05:05 PM ----------

Hehe..I call that trying to pull a blanket over my eyes by invoking some fancy term (or whatever the expression is) and leave it at that.

http://junkfoodscience.blogspot.de/2...s-in-real.html
    Yeah I dunno. I have lost 120 lbs and kept it off for 6 years. I did it through diet and exercise. Then again, when I lost my weight I was eating 1500 calories a day while running 3-5 miles a day and lifting every other day... and I was only losing 2 lbs a week... and I slowly gain weight back and have to go back on my diet every year to cut the 10-20 lbs I gained during the year.

As I said earlier, I am a reasonably healthy guy. I weighed 180 pounds which was a touch over healthy weight and I used to eat crap. I decided to start exercising and cutting calories and to do this I switched from coke/pepsi (250 calories per bottle) to coke zero (zero calories per bottle). I'm down to 155ish pounds. So clearly my pop isn't preventing me from weight loss. Also I'm much healthier than before oh, and for those wondering, I lost the 20 pounds more than a year ago and have maintained my weight so it wasn't just a temporary thing and the pop hasn't made me stuff myself and regain the weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just have to live life sometime.
    Ofc aspartame isnt good in high quantities, but tbh nothing is.

Coke zero > Regular coke any day. Just drink the damn thing if you like it.
    You wont die if you drink a can of coke zero a day... Now, some people might say "oh hurr it just makes you crave more...." Well yeah not really. If you have some god damn self discipline you can curb those cravings. I myself drink alot of Coke Zero, but i dont feel that i crave it more because i drink it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    While it hasn't been scientifically or directly linked to all the causes, it has been shown in some studies to cause brain damage, or Alzheimer's in people who consume it on a regular basis.

Personally, I don't drink Coke, but when I do have the odd glass, I wouldn't ever touch the Diet / Zero stuff. The taste is foul, and the chemicals used to replace the Sugar are just as bad as the sugar intake.

I don't mean to lecture the OP, but if you're going to the Gym, try to just drink water when you get these cravings. Eventually, you'll no longer crave the Coke, and the water will do wonders for your body. Your body continues to feel the effects of exercise long after you're finished, it is still burning fat, and using sources of energy and water to restabalise itself. Starving it of the much needed water is only going to slow your training down.
    Oh wow, well luckily I don't drink it either, tastes shitty indeed.

Rather have a full sugar Cola than 3 Zero ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest issue with sodas of any kind is that they - like all sugary foods (also fruit juices) - significantly contribute to tooth decay. Drinking soda daily is a tremendous hazard to the prolonged well-being of your teeth even if you brush them regularly, rigorously and thoroughly.
    I'd be more concerned about that than the other stuff since it's like a times 10 problem of all the other deteriorative effects of soda combined.