High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Laptop building advice

Hello everyone ! I'm trying to find a good laptop for about 500€. It's only for work, I will not playon it and I was thinking of a laptop without dedicated GPU. I will install on dual boot Win (7 or 8) and a linux distrib. Since I will not play I am asking advice if the intell HD graphics can handle the system with no problem. At least the most graphical use I will have is a little bit of Photoshop but not much. I allready have a good desktop for intensive graphical use like 3D rendering and playing. But I need a laptop for taking it with me to school and work. For the context I am entering a course in computer and network maintenance so I think I will have no use for a dedicated GPU with this laptop.

If some french people also have some good links for laptop without OS it will surely help me since I only know LDLC and pcw.fr (un distirbuteur de portables clevo)

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

If you only need it for work, I would say that any laptop will do, and there is no reason to spend a lot of money on it. Go for one of the cheap HP laptops or something. But I think you will have a very hard time to fine one without an OS already installed

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On LDLC they sell some laptop without OS. And on pwc.fr I can custom the laptop with the proc I want, how much ram I want etc...

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    On LDLC they sell some laptop without OS. And on pwc.fr I can custom the laptop with the proc I want, how much ram I want etc...
    Ah, thats nice

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.staples.com/HP-Pavilion-G...product_985050

PRetty stupidly cheap. I got mine for 300 on sale and it does nicely. I saw a samsung refurb for 220 a couple days ago but I think it's expired by now.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab