Deleted

Lei Shen 10 Heroic

Hey! I know there is already a thread up about general tips, however after reading through that there are still some things I feel i'm missing with the fight.

Our setup
    Tanks - Pala, Monk
    Healers - Druid disc
    Melee - Rogue
    Range - Mage, hunter, hunter, spriest, spriest

I'll run through the plan of how we deal with things.

Phase 1
    Pretty simple, start on static shock, make sure thats the highest energy, push boss to 65% before the 4th thunderstruck.

Phase 1 transition
    North - SPriest, Hunter, Disc
    East - Prot pala, mage
    South - RDruid, Hunter, spriest
    West - Brewm, rogue

As you can see we have aloooot of immunities so static shocks really arent a problem here. We're generally getting through these faces okay bar extreme RNG.

Phase 2
    This is where we begin to struggle. Aiming to level up diffusion chain once, keep that at highest energy to 'disable' it and not level up overcharge / bouncing bolts. The main problem I'm having is the way the conduit abilities line up with ball lightnings. With diffusion chain if we stack in melee so that we get less ball lightnings, we get huge amounts of diffused lightnings. If we spread, we end up with huge amounts of ball lightnings. Both are pretty lethal. We tried starting on bouncing bolts which worked better however the move to overcharge fucked us as it meant we couldnt move to stack at the boss before ball lightnings came meaning we got tons. If anyone could give me a sequence to how they deal with this phase it would be a godsend ^^

Phase 2 Transition
    Obviously we havent reached here yet either, however was looking at splitting the groups
    East - Prot pala, rogue
    South - RDruid, Hunter, spriest, mage
    West - Brewm, disc, hunter, spriest

This should be pretty straightforward, if anyone thinks another setup would work better please share

Phase 3
    Was aiming to do a raid split mechanic like in this kill
    Youtube - 'FatSharkYes vs Lei Shen 10 Heroic' - phase 3 starts at 7:45

Would be Hunter, Disc, Spriest on one side and Hunter, Spriest, Mage, Rdruid on the other.

Wherever the thunderstruck is the rdruid moves in to help healing range and to ensure no unnecessary ball lightnings spawn. Other than that whichever side the thunderstruck is on moves in.

Thanks for the read and I'll say in advance any help you can provided is hugely appreciated <3
    Last edited by mmocfe5ff9bb25; 2013-06-28 at 02:57 AM.

Deleted
    I wish I could be more useful to you right now, but after a 1-2 week 'summerhiatus' (my raidingnerves sure are tingling <.<) I cant even remember which platform we start on after the first intermission.

What I can tell you though is that it's -never- worth spawning diffusion adds instead of ball lightnings. Ball lightnings do significantly less damage - they bounce around - are stunnable etc and you can avoid the damage if you constantly move.

Here's the thing with ball lightnings - if you do it perfectly you'll get 3 spawning. If you do it poorly (all ranged spread out) your comp will spawn 7 and 1 diffusion add
    If you all stack up for ball lightnings (keeping 3 people out in range) you risk up to 7 diffusion adds -and- the 3 ball lightnings.

That being said though, the CDs dont sync up until p3 (and that's only the third balllightning iirc) so youre doing something wrong > you should have ~4-5 seconds between diffusion and him spawning ball-lightnings.

Another thing I cant stress enough, YOU DONT HAVE TO BE IN MELEE to not spawn a ball lightning. The grace-distance is pretty large and being 5-10 yards from the boss will usually keep a ball from spawning on your ass. Just dont be slow.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they have 2 Priests in their raid comp, that means even if they get extra adds, they probably won't be able to move at all. Void Tendrils are nice like that. Admitedly, that's more of a phase 3 thing, if something like this happens in Phase 2, you're probably screwed, since there's very little space to spread out properly. Much easier to just bear it and use raid cooldowns to deal with extra spawns - it's only the first series of balls that lines up with diffusion. 2-5 give you few second grace period, more than enough to run into melee/range, depending on corner.

Also, I'm not really seeing the problem with Overcharge in phase 2. The first one goes one almost immediately after he activates the pillar - you can have ranged stay behind to ensure they won't stun melee and then run immediately after someone gets rooted. Use stampeding roar if needed, you should easily reach boss and only spawn 3 adds. And besides, having more than 3 is hardly a wipe anyway.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2013-06-28 at 11:25 AM.

Just have 3 people outside in P2 and the 4 others spread around in melee. The diffusion should come before the balls so just have the 4 ranged spread around the boss move into melee after the diffusion. And when you move the boss from Diffusion to Overcharge just have everyone stack in melee and spread fast after overcharge+static is gone.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

In phase 2 only the first chain lightning is a couple of seconds before the ball lightnings, usually right after the first static shock. We have had various cases however, where the chain came after the balls, but to be fair it's just to "deal with it". After the first chain you always have time to move into the stack before balls spawn.
    We had three ranged out for the balls. Hunter, warlock and resto druid. This does not really matter, as long as they do their jobs. We overload both static shock and overcharge, just because thats how we progressed, if your DPS is good enough you can push it easily without doing so.

When you are moving between diffusion and overcharge, we had our designated soakers move to the edges of the platform, so if the overcharge happened on one of them, they all stacked on it and the rest of the raid would be in melee for soaking the static shock, and outranging it. After, you just stack the whole raid behind the boss until the next ball lightnings spawn.

We use the same tactic for P3, and its very good. Make sure the thunderstrucks go to the very edge, kill any diffusion adds as they spawn, on the 3rd thunderstruck diffusion chain will happen after the explosion, so watch out for that, you don't want to stack until the add spawns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrippleshoT View Post
    In phase 2 only the first chain lightning is a couple of seconds before the ball lightnings, usually right after the first static shock. We have had various cases however, where the chain came after the balls, but to be fair it's just to "deal with it".
    What would you say is the more viable thing to do, spawn more ball lightnings or more diffused lightnings?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    What would you say is the more viable thing to do, spawn more ball lightnings or more diffused lightnings?
    Neither. Look at the positions in our video.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Neither. Look at the positions in our video.
    On the video you guys spawned 4 diffusions on the first one tho. For us we waited until the diffusion lightning would hit someone before stacking, regardless of the balls. With our setup the balls dropped really fast anyways, and did a lot less damage to the raid compared

Our Phase 2 Strat
    Starting in P2 you want to designate 3 people out of the raid, and the rest of the raid stacked in melee. We chose this to be our 2 healers and our hunter. If one of these people needs to run in for Static Shock, I would run out and take their place.

Diffusion Chain Platform (P2) - This should be the only time where you'll probably get more than 3 Ball Lightnings because does Ball Lightning like 3 seconds into P2, and Diffusion Chain almost right after. We pop 2-3 raid CDs here and also use Mass Grip/Stuns. You don't have a DK but I would Ursol's Vortex and Leg Sweep here. Spread a little bit around the boss for the Diffusion Chain, and then quickly get in aside from the 3 people standing out. There's about 5 seconds from the second Diffusion Chain to the second Ball Lightning, so you're definitely able to only spawn 3 here. Another tip for this phase in general is try to lure the Lightning Whip away from the platform you will head to.

Overcharge - On this one we have our 3 ball lightning spawners stand on the line between the Diffusion Chain and Overcharge platforms, and everyone else on his ass. The first Overcharge comes immediately when you pull him to the conduit, so make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be because if you mess this up, you will get a lot of Ball Lightnings. You should get 3 ball lightnings and you should just be able to cleave them and not worry too much about them.

Bouncing Bolts - The Ball Lightnings come very close to after the Bouncing Bolts spawn, so you need to be good with boss positioning (move him to the balls so people can be in melee range). We found the P2 DPS check to be harder than the P1 one, although you shouldn't have too much trouble with your tank set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    We found the P2 DPS check to be harder than the P1 one, although you shouldn't have too much trouble with your tank set up.
    You can level both diffusion chain + overcharges during p2 as long as you have some kind of root/stun + knockback for the diffusion add during 2nd transition. Doing it that way makes dps requirement in p2 lower than p1.

Quote Originally Posted by CrippleshoT View Post
    On the video you guys spawned 4 diffusions on the first one tho. For us we waited until the diffusion lightning would hit someone before stacking, regardless of the balls. With our setup the balls dropped really fast anyways, and did a lot less damage to the raid compared
    LOL. Didn't remember that. But that was the tank's mistake for being too close to the RDPS. The positioning of the RDPS is fine.

Deleted
    I got a question regarding to the strength of the p3 attacks:
    Lets say we destroy static shock in p1 with 99% energy, how much damage would the shocks do in p3?
    Afaik the damagecalculation is something like that: 520k + 100% per level up and +x% per energy the pillow got, but how does the energy of the pillows behave after the second transition? Is it also 0 again like after the first? so 520k damage per shock in p3?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    I got a question regarding to the strength of the p3 attacks:
    Lets say we destroy static shock in p1 with 99% energy, how much damage would the shocks do in p3?
    Afaik the damagecalculation is something like that: 520k + 100% per level up and +x% per energy the pillow got, but how does the energy of the pillows behave after the second transition? Is it also 0 again like after the first? so 520k damage per shock in p3?
    Not 100% sure but I think the abilities he gains in p2/p3 is Stage 2. Static is about 1m and Diffusion adds is stage 2 aswell. There is only 1 static tho.

Deleted
    I have this question, have the spawn of ball lightnings been fixed? We had 3 ranged out of the raid yesterday and i saw 5-6 balls spawning on top of them instead of just 3? We healed tru but i didnt understand was it bad positioning(e.g having them too close to melee?) or you can't control the number of adds spawning anymore?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    I have this question, have the spawn of ball lightnings been fixed? We had 3 ranged out of the raid yesterday and i saw 5-6 balls spawning on top of them instead of just 3? We healed tru but i didnt understand was it bad positioning(e.g having them too close to melee?) or you can't control the number of adds spawning anymore?
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe that if your 3 players are stacked with eachother multiple ball lightnings spawn. They need to be spread 6 yards iirc.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What range were out? Monk healers don't count as ranged and if you put them out with two other ranged it would spawn the max amount (as they would spawn in melee).

Unless it was changed recently (we killed it again this week) we have no problems forcing three spawns.

DPS requirement in the second phase should be lower if you do everything right. You should be staying at the diffusion platform until the second fusion slash and then repeat that again for the overloaded platform. Your goal much like P1 is to not level bouncing bolts, so you basically have 200 energy on each of the first two platforms and less than 100 on the last one. Which overall is more time then the first phase, although to be fair you have an extra 5% to burn to push the last phase.

Don't try and do anything fancy with forcing 3 ball lightnings on every single opportunity. We found it incredibly hard to do as soon as the first ball lightning goes out, and when the third ball lightning goes out. The first is difficult because you're coming off of the intermission and people are scrambling in position, it's also diffusion and you don't want a bunch of diffusion adds out as well. We also don't try and force it on the first ball lightning spawn going into the overcharge platform because unless you're fast, you end up possibly having a scenario where someone lags behind and overcharge is in a really weird spot.

First ball lightning - Just do normal
    Second ball lightning - Try and force 3, our range barrel into melee as soon as diffusion goes out
    Third ball lightning (overload platform) - Just do normal
    Fourth ball lightning - Force 3, this one is really easy to force.

We never had a fifth because we transition on the overload platform to the last phase so I don't know how it would work on the first spawn going to bouncing bolts. Don't try to force the issue if you aren't comfortable. If you do it properly you can make ball lightnings very trivial, increase your raids damage and decrease damage taken. Do it poorly and you will probably wipe.

For what it's worth we try and force three in the last phase as well. At least following the FIRST TWO thunderstrucks. After that diffusion happens way too soon after thunderstruck to be worth trying to force. On the first two you can take demonic portal back into melee range of Lei Shen following his thunderstruck as casually spread out as it goes ball lightning > diffusion. After the first two its pretty much diffusion + ball lightning at the same time which means you can't reliably spawn three unless you want to risk spawning like 7 diffusion adds which will wipe your raid.

No idea if it ends up working itself out to where you can force three again after the third thunderstruck. As said we force three on the first two thunderstrucks and after that we don't bother because it's way too risky. We kill Lei Shen shortly after the third thunderstruck so I don't know which ball lightning spawns are eligible going forward to try and force three.

As far as I can tell the static shock from the first transition is the amount of damage you will expect from it for the remainder of the encounter. Which is fairly easy to deal with in the second phase and the second intermission. It's only a problem in the last phase if you have a ranged class without an immunity having to soak it. Which if you have a combat rez still available is honestly probably the best use of it. Trying to have a couple range stack while moving with violent gale winds to the opposite side is risky as fuck, especially with the impending thunderstruck about to happen.

We killed him three weeks ago and the first time we got to the last phase with everybody alive we killed him. We had two prior phase three attempts where we entered with 9 people and were a couple percent off from killing him. Phase three was probably very hard two months ago, but with increased DPS it's really not that bad anymore. Lots of cloaks and meta gems do make a sizable difference. If you can try not to waste immunities (especially if you're ranged) in the second intermission, they help a lot if you get targeted with static or find yourself in a bad position for a thunderstruck.

If you handle ball lightning poorly in the last phase don't freak out if you can't cleanly AoE them down. Single target stun them and hard focus them if you have to. Them bouncing around will kill people extremely quickly in the last phase, especially when the wind starts.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-07-01 at 03:28 PM.