Thread: Nalak

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Nalak

    So, I saw from our guild website that Nalak just unlocked on our realm, and we were going to try to pug him tonight. Wowhead has this for his dungeon journal:

    ■Arc Nova – A pulse of electric energy inflicts 350000 Nature damage to players within 35 yards and knocks them back.
    ■Lightning Tether – Nalak tethers several players to him, inflicting 10000 Nature damage every 1 sec. and an additional 20000 Nature damage if they are greater than 30 yards from Nalak. Lasts 15 sec.
    ■Static Shield – Jolts of power surrounding Nalak inflict 50000 Nature damage every 1 sec. to a random player.
    ■Stormcloud – Nalak places storm clouds above several players, which inflict 50000 Nature damage every 3 sec.to all players within 10 yards for 30 sec.

    Are there any tank swap mechanics or can I solo tank him so long as my healers aren't derping?

    The mechanics look pretty simple so long as you don't have griefers coming in and popping stormclouds everywhere - have any of you encountered issues with multiple groups zerging him?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Mechagnome -Raer-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    598
    It died in about 40 seconds on my server. With a 15 minute spawn timer I don't think there's much to worry about. The lag was so intense that all I could do was white hit (granted that's 40% of my damage anyways)
    Last edited by -Raer-; 2013-04-11 at 05:49 PM. Reason: I are gud at englisch

  4. #4
    It's a very straight-forward fight, even easier than Sha in my opinion. Pugs on my realm have been managing it with groups of 25 easily.

  5. #5
    It's a pvp boss... I wouldnt expect anything even remotely hard

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Flharr View Post
    It's a pvp boss... I wouldnt expect anything even remotely hard
    It was a real disappointment. There couldn't have been much thought go I to this one.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Took a misc pug on Earthen ring (who don't have great pugs) about 1 min to kill, no setup but in a raid.

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,166
    The fight definitely isn't hard. As soon as he was unlocked on my realm, he was killed by a complete random group of about 30 people.
    I agree with the opinion that he is even easier than Sha was, and isn't remotely comparably with Oondasta (neither pre nor post nerf).
    Don't worry about it.

  9. #9
    I miss the Charged Moganite buff, Nalak dying in 10 seconds was pretty nice.

  10. #10
    The only thing that killed me was the add summoned by the legendary quest. All the other mechanics seemed irrelevant.

    Protip: the summoned add 1-shots you if you get in melee range. If you're a melee (like myself), you have to use ranged abilities to kill it. I'm not sure if only you can target it, but the 40+ random people around me didn't seem to hit it at all. Then again, they probably didn't notice it. You can also complete the quest even if the boss is tagged to the opposing faction.

  11. #11
    On my server we killed Nalak with a group of 14 people (Slow day on IoT), with some random people joining in (less than 5 of them), took a while but the AoE-mechanic was easy to avoid since Nalak has such a huge hitbox my warrior just had to step back a bit to avoid it, it does hurt fairly badly if it does hit though :P

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The only thing that killed me was the add summoned by the legendary quest. All the other mechanics seemed irrelevant.

    Protip: the summoned add 1-shots you if you get in melee range. If you're a melee (like myself), you have to use ranged abilities to kill it. I'm not sure if only you can target it, but the 40+ random people around me didn't seem to hit it at all. Then again, they probably didn't notice it. You can also complete the quest even if the boss is tagged to the opposing faction.
    No you don't. You just have to kite it, it dies on it's own presumably from siphoning the power of Nalak. Just kite it around, its a joke.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  13. #13
    Nalak just unlocked @ Revencrest and the server died

  14. #14
    Nalak unlocked on Kazzak EU, 500 people showed up for the first couple of kills. Went down in a matter of seconds while lagging out the server :P

  15. #15
    Keyboard Turner Rilaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8
    The only thing that killed me was the add summoned by the legendary quest. All the other mechanics seemed irrelevant.
    QFT.

    The lag was the only mechanic that I struggled with.

  16. #16
    Field Marshal BreakingBad420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Grandma's House
    Posts
    94
    I'm not sure if this was an issue for anyone else, but when I killed Nalak today he did not drop anything for me and did not ask me if I wanted a bonus roll. I reported this and got a ticket in to see if a GM can reset my kill or something to help me out... though I don't think they will.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakingBad420 View Post
    I'm not sure if this was an issue for anyone else, but when I killed Nalak today he did not drop anything for me and did not ask me if I wanted a bonus roll. I reported this and got a ticket in to see if a GM can reset my kill or something to help me out... though I don't think they will.
    They didn't for me when this happened on Oondasta.

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Descense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,978
    Well the hard part is this:
    Boss infront of you---
    http://shrani.si/f/42/v8/4TAkJqEJ/wo...1213002513.jpg
    Enemy faction behind you--
    http://shrani.si/f/3u/B4/19ERjgmX/wo...1213002507.jpg

    If some1 takes the frontal gates you can say bye bye too boss (but there is a trick too counter that).

  19. #19
    Field Marshal BreakingBad420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Grandma's House
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo328 View Post
    They didn't for me when this happened on Oondasta.
    Luckily enough they reset my kill so I can try again and hopefully it won't bug out... GM then went on to give me a speech about a bunch of irrelevant things to do to reduce my chance of not getting loot again like making sure I'm close to the boss when it dies, don't be dead when the boss dies, etc... none of which was relevant since I didn't die and I was tanking Nalak. Oh well, time to do him again.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakingBad420 View Post
    Luckily enough they reset my kill so I can try again and hopefully it won't bug out... GM then went on to give me a speech about a bunch of irrelevant things to do to reduce my chance of not getting loot again like making sure I'm close to the boss when it dies, don't be dead when the boss dies, etc... none of which was relevant since I didn't die and I was tanking Nalak. Oh well, time to do him again.
    Man I wish I had your GM my GM said they can't do anything about it and I would just have to try again next week. They even noted they saw my achievement, the fact that I got no loot, that I used an extra roll and that I was locked to oondasta. They said they couldn't do anything for me..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •