Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, dogs have very short life spans compared to ours. At 16 your dog in human years is about 77.

It's tough losing a pet, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm going to be a mess when my dog dies, not having her wake me up to take her for a walk is going to be a sad, lonely day.

Deleted
    My brother got a labrador when I was 6 (he was 10). Got mine when I was 8 and my sis got one a couple years later (she was 6).

They all passed away during the same month when I was 19. 1st dog was very old got skinny very fast and died in his sleep. My sisters dog became very stiff over the last 2 years and died a week or so later.

My dog passed away the day I left for uni, he was very very sick a few nights before. We usually kept them outside in the garden, they had their own shelter and places to sleep but one night it was pouring rain and my dog was whimpering lying in the grass in the rain. He wouldn't get up and I noticed he had heavily soiled himself lying there. I tried carrying him down to the cellar , had to drag him most of the way which meant there was a huge mess all over the floor. I cleaned as much as I could and went to bed. Next morning he seemed to be doing a bit better so I said bye to him as I left for the airport to uni and he died by the time my dad got back from the airport. Wasn't able to enjoy uni the way I had hoped (freshers week etc), on top of that my stepmother was angry at me because I made a mess of the floor which only summed up my already unpleasant feelings toward her.

Don't know if I'll get a dog again, those 3 really were family, I'd been happy mad and sad with all of them, could not have asked for better dogs.

We were going to loose our dog due to an infected uterus (couldn't afford the $5000 charge to operate). So we were all prepared for her to die. Found a local animal clinic that would do it for ~$300. Saved the dog, grandma died the following week.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. There are a member of our family and it's so hard to lose one. My son's dog of 18 years just died a couple months ago. My son & I were broken hearted. Not a day goes by that we don't think of him. I hope you can find peace and remember all the love and good times you had.

Quote Originally Posted by Championn View Post
    Not as hard as losing a human family member, unless they are a jerk, unpleasant, horrible person. I do know that losing animals is hard though... Sucks honestly...
    And who are you to decide that? To YOU it's not as hard, but saying that this goes for anyone is just narrrowminded as hell. I have lost a dearly beloved family member of the same species as me, and I can say without a shadow of doubt that the loss of our dog has hit us just as hard. You don't wanna believe that/decide that we're somehow weird? Go ahead, there's research on this subject that you can find.

OP: I know your feeling. It has been 4 months since my dear Max was put down at the age of 13, I had him half my life. I have been devastated and I still am, but it DOES get better as time moves on.

My condolences, OP. It's never easy to lose someone you love, human or otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, dogs have very short life spans compared to ours. At 16 your dog in human years is about 77.
    The majority of dogs don't even live that long. I think labs have an average lifespan of nine or ten years, and larger dogs are even more short lived.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry for your loss friend, i hope everything ok

Deleted
    I feel for you dude. Had my dog for my 1st birthday when he was 8 weeks old. He passed away around 3 years ago now, when i was 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Championn View Post
    Not as hard as losing a human family member, unless they are a jerk, unpleasant, horrible person. I do know that losing animals is hard though... Sucks honestly...
    You spend every day and night with your dog(if they sleep in your room/bed). It's always there for you. Makes sense to mourn one more than a grandparent or w/e you see once a year. Let the hate come!

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I got it to 119, what formula are you using? 16 is extremely old.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

very sorry to hear about your loss, i hope you get over it soon

Deleted
    Sorry for your loss...but I'm putting a friendly request to every forum member to not make QQ threads. Not trying to be offensive, but I find it silly to share such personal stuff to people you don't know.

Love my dogs had one til she was 12 and got breast cancer had to put her down. Sad day.

I lost my dog after 14 years 2 years ago, I had him since i was 3. Broke my heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    May he (she?) rest in peace. Sorry for your loss.
    IT!

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    i just lost mine not 2 months ago....sorry for your loss.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for your loss, been there, several times already. It sucks, a lot....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
    Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
    just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing;
    they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
    His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers.
    Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
    you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
    The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
    and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet,
    so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

- Author unknown...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    Oh thank god my dog is not the only one, he just kinda looks at his butt in confusion after he farts
    OP, I feel for you. My first dog was a collie mix named Zelda that I had basically from kindergarten to start of high school. I loved that damn dog so much, bawled my eyes out for days when she died. Know that there are so many of us that understand that pain and that our thoughts are with you.

I dread the day my cats die. I've had them for 9 years and they've been good companions and shoulders to cry on in low times. Also, as to why I quoted...

My mothers dog is like that! Shes a chihuahua that has this odd preoccupation with her own ass. If she farts, she stares at her butt distrustfully. If you play with her, she often stops to stare at her butt. At least she plays with the chickens now and her own butt less lol.

Sorry for your loss man, my dog just turned 15 on the 9th and today he fell down our stairs before I left for work but luckily there is only 5 steps and he got up and ran to me haha but he was fine. I think he fell cause his eye sight isn't to good anymore and his back legs are a bit weak.