So I'm sitting here at work, quite bored, and I'm thinking up ideas for Siege of Orgrimmar. How could it play out? I've got a few ideas and decided to put at least one of them down and share it with the community. Have any ideas for encounters within Siege of Orgrimmar? Post them here!!!
Encounter: The Doomhammer Gate
Vol'jin's forces, having laid siege to Durotar for many weeks, begin to force their way into the city itself. However, one obstacle stands between the Darkspear forces and Orgrimmar itself - the Doomhammer Gate. This massive, dark iron-reinforced gate will not be easy to breach.
This encounter requires the players to assist the Gob Squad in planting explosives along the main gate of Orgrimmar at several breach points. Kor'kron guards will mount a counteroffensive - attacking the players, the Gob Squad, and attempting to disarm Gob Squad explosives.
The players split into two groups, each group going with a particular Gob Squad member. When the players speak with a Gob Squad member, that NPC will grab their explosives and be escorted to the gates (roughly 45 sec.) and begin arming the bomb (15 sec) and shortly after (30 sec), the bomb will detonate. Each detonation takes the structural integrity of the gate down by 15% (25% on LFR).
During this time, different waves off adds will spawn and attempt to thwart the siege -
- Kor'kron Elite - This is a bread-and-butter soldier. They have high health and medium to high melee damage. They come two stances, Defensive and Berserker. In Defensive stance, they 50% less melee damage and cast Thunderclap (and AoE dmg & de-haste). In Berserker Stance, they take 25% more ranged damage, 50% more melee damage, and cast Harrying Throw (targets a random raid member at range, dealing damage and stunning for 6 sec.) [EMPOWERED: Casts execute on any target in melee range that is under 20% HP, instantly killing them.]
- Kor'kron Suppressor - This is a caster add that harries the Darkspear forces with crowd control magic. They cast Hinder (targets a Gob squad member and up to 3 random raid members, placing a debuff on them that slows movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. [Can be Dispelled]), and Hateful Echoes (Targets a random raid member and spawn 3 shadowy copies of that player who, once spawned, attack that player. Cannot be dispelled) [EMPOWERED: Casts Perdition, which deals 400,000 fire damage to all raid members and allied NPCs. [6sec cast, interruptable])
- Kor'kron Nullifier - This is a support add that appears once for each explosive that has been armed. When this add appears, it casts Void Shield on itself (absorbs a large amount of damage and makes the caster immune to interrupts) and begins casting nullify (15sec cast, renders a Gob Squad explosive inert). The shield must be brought down and the cast interrupted if the siege is to succeed [Cannot be empowered]
- Kor'kron Doom-Monger - Spawns once every two explosions. Cast Shadowbolt Volley (AoE Shadow Damage, interruptable), Death Link (Targets two random raid members. Each 1 sec that these raid members are not standing within 5 yds. of each other, the raid takes 50k fire damage.) and casts Empowerment on adds, granting them the use of an additional ability.
Arnakh, Fist of Garrosh - This Sha-Touched Dire Orc emerges from the Rubble after the gates are brought down and immediately engages the players. His abilities are:
- Mortal Wound - Reduces Healing received by 5%. Stacks up to 20, 30sec. duration. Cast every 5-8 sec.
- Rampage - Goes on a Sha-Empowered Rampage, stunning all raid members and dealing 100k damage per sec for 3 seconds. Occurs every 30 sec.
- Demoralization - Players with Demoralization deal 5% reduced damage per stack. Players receive a stack of demoralization when any raid member dies, and after each rampage.
- Berserk - Arnakh goes into a Berserker rage, increasing Damage dealt by 200% and attack speed by 100%. Occurs 3:30 after engaging.
I think that would make for a fairly epic beginning of the raid, though of course it all depends on the actual damage and health numbers (which I've intentionally not included). I have a few other ideas for encounters within the raid that I may post if this thread is of interest to people - anyone else have any ideas of encounters in this hopefully epic raid?