View Poll Results: Will Lordaeron be restored?

Voters
614. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 18.89%
  • No

498 81.11%
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Until Blizzard says something about it, Calia may be alive somewhere... or undead...
    I would be more inclined to believe you if you didn't spout off RPG books as references for her being alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    False! That is an assumption of yours. In the novel just says that Calia "was no longer there".
    An assumption based on English syntax... "All were gone, save he" everyone else referred to as "gone" by the mention of "all" is dead. "Gone" is a common euphemism for 'dead'. Since Calia is lumped into that same category of "all" she is also dead.

And why are you putting "was no longer there" in quotes claiming that is what the novel says? I linked the exact passage from the book and "was no longer there" is not in the novel.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-09 at 07:29 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    An assumption based on English syntax... "All were gone, save he" everyone else referred to as "gone" by the mention of "all" is dead. Since Calia is lumped into that same category of "all" she is also dead.

And why are you putting "was no longer there" in quotes claiming that is what the novel says? I linked the exact passage from the book and "was no longer there" is not in the novel.

I would be more inclined to believe you if you didn't spout off RPG books as references for her being alive.
    I'm leaning towards her being alive or possibly being brought back, based off the 2011 Q&A:

Q: This question is regarding Lordaeron, I want to know what happened to Arthas' sister, what happened to her?
    A: We are thinking about it. We dont really have a plan but we have been talking about her forever. There were some hooks in the RPG line but no current plans.

I think the wording in the novel was deliberately vague. I wouldn't be surprised if they out of the blue one day confirmed she was 100% for sure dead and not coming back, but at the same time I could see a Lady Stoneheart-like storyline working well for Calia (although that may be too close to Sylvanas' storyline), or acting as a savior to the Forsaken if Sylvanas ever managed to alienate herself from her people for good.

But again, that's assuming that Calia doesn't view the Forsaken with the same fear and disgust that most of Azeroth does, if she's even alive.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-09-09 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm leaning towards her being alive or possibly being brought back, based off the 2011 Q&A:

Q: This question is regarding Lordaeron, I want to know what happened to Arthas' sister, what happened to her?
    A: We are thinking about it. We dont really have a plan but we have been talking about her forever. There were some hooks in the RPG line but no current plans.

I think the wording in the novel was deliberately vague. I wouldn't be surprised if they out of the blue one day confirmed she was 100% for sure dead and not coming back, but at the same time I could see a Lady Stoneheart-like storyline working well for Calia (although that may be too close to Sylvanas' storyline), or acting as a savior to the Forsaken if Sylvanas ever managed to alienate herself from her people for good.

But again, that's assuming that Calia doesn't view the Forsaken with the same fear and disgust that most of Azeroth does.
    They specifically mention the hook from the RPG, which isn't canon so the hook itself isn't canon. That doesn't mean Blizzard can't canonize the hook and develop Calia's story further. The novel describing her as dead doesn't discount her possible return.

It's highly unlikely that a living person would want a kingdom full of undead and canon pointing to her being dead. It's unlikely that she was ever Scourge or Arthas would have known about her. Possible ways to bring her back in a way where she wouldn't want to torch Forsaken:
    • The Cult of the Damned discover her body and resurrect her as Scourge. They try to use her as a ploy to gain control of Lordaeron. PC's discover who she is and free her from their control, effectively making her Forsaken.
    • Or upon resurrection by the Cult of the Damned, Calia becomes their new leader who is using the Scourge in the Plaguelands to retake Lordaeron for herself.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-09 at 07:56 PM.
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Or she could show up, make a claim to the right of ruling, and then promptly have her head removed from her shoulders by a thoroughly entertained deathguard.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Or she could show up, make a claim to the right of ruling, and then promptly have her head removed from her shoulders by a thoroughly entertained deathguard.
    horde have zero chance of winning vs alliance army , but GL trying to do that . also we already took UC once
    She was everything to me. But they took her. And with her, they took my kindness and my mercy. That was their mistake, because now, all I’ve got left is a cold heart. They thrive on doubt. They feast on fear. These wretched abominations blight this world, and every last one of them will perish by my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalodrei View Post
    horde have zero chance of winning vs alliance army , but GL trying to do that . also we already took UC once
    I'm not sure what this had to do with what I said but sure, ok.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

also we already took UC once
    If you consider killing a mere scientist as taking UC, while the Horde kill the dreadlord in charge.

With horde sieging the main entrance while you were skulking in through cave system conveniently created by Blizzard.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

That's just about as backwards a statement as you could make. Seriously though, why do so many of you think that Lordaeron is suppose to be such a big deal to the current Alliance? As far as I know, Varian wasn't even King during the second war and is very aware that the current residents of Lordaeron are the native population. Not like the Horde conquered it and the population became foreign over night.

It should be restored to its original settlers, the elves.

That means King Lor'themar Theron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's just about as backwards a statement as you could make. Seriously though, why do so many of you think that Lordaeron is suppose to be such a big deal to the current Alliance? As far as I know, Varian wasn't even King during the second war and is very aware that the current residents of Lordaeron are the native population. Not like the Horde conquered it and the population became foreign over night.

King Varian Wrynn says: What say you now, Putress?
    King Varian Wrynn says: Look around you, brothers and sisters. Open your eyes! Look at what they have done to our kingdom!
    King Varian Wrynn says: How much longer will we allow these savages free reign in our world?
    King Varian Wrynn says: I have seen the Horde's world. I have been inside their cities. Inside their minds...
    King Varian Wrynn says: I know what evil lies in the hearts of orcs.
    She was everything to me. But they took her. And with her, they took my kindness and my mercy. That was their mistake, because now, all I’ve got left is a cold heart. They thrive on doubt. They feast on fear. These wretched abominations blight this world, and every last one of them will perish by my hand.

King Varian Wrynn says: What say you now, Putress?
    King Varian Wrynn says: Look around you, brothers and sisters. Open your eyes! Look at what they have done to our kingdom!
    King Varian Wrynn says: How much longer will we allow these savages free reign in our world?
    King Varian Wrynn says: I have seen the Horde's world. I have been inside their cities. Inside their minds...
    King Varian Wrynn says: I know what evil lies in the hearts of orcs.
    Varian is clearly delusional or just ranting gibberish against the Horde. Just finished killing the apothecary responsible for horrible acts against humans and starts spouting off crap about orcs in a kingdom that doesn't belong to him. All his soldiers are from Stormwind.

And he continues to rant about orcs later too, despite this whole incident being because of rogue Forsaken who sided with the Legion:
    King Varian Wrynn says: The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.
    King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.
    King Varian Wrynn says: What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.
    King Varian Wrynn says: ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Not to mention he went there with the sole intention of capturing UC for the Alliance even after learning that Thrall was going in to punish those responsible.
    Thrall: Tell your king that we will do everything in our power to bring the perpetrators of this cowardly act to justice. We will do all that we can to avoid conflict with the Alliance, but we will not hesitate to defend ourselves if provoked.

Varian: They have lost the Undercity? Then the time to strike is now. We will deal with Putress ourselves and retake the Ruins of Lordaeron for the Alliance!
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-09 at 08:32 PM.

Oh right. He was freakishly racist back then. (With good reason. His treatment made Thrall's look like a vacation.)

The truth is we don't know her fate.

She may be dead. She may be alive. She may be Scourge or Forsaken. She may be with the EBon Blade of a free agent somewhere.

We just don't know.

The novel Arthas hints she is dead...but without a body - heck, even with a body since we have Resurrection available - that's far from a definitive answer.

My own thoughts are:

a: that Calia is too interesting a story for Blizzard to just ignore her.
    b: that Calia as Forsaken adds nothing to the game. Since you can't change the character of the Undead, all she'd be would be Sylvanas. But the Forsaken don't really we her anything, never mind their allegiance.
    c: that Blizzard will get the biggest bang in bringing her back if they bring her back alive, and for the Alliance. Maybe not rabidly anti-undead...but still pro-Alliance. Both sides get a workout then. Make her neutral and she just ends up on the sidelines. Make her Forsaken and she is just going to be Sylvanas. Make her Alliance and she can act as means to get the Alliance and Forsaken stories moving.

However...if she is alive, she is running out of places to hide. Short of finding her marooned or imprisoned somewhere, finding her stranded in Kul Tiras is going to be the last way to really bring her into play. Blizzard does seem to want to do something with her though, so I don't think we'll find her dead.

Could she come back as a villain? It seems doubtful...but not impossible. Thing is, the Scourge are on the run, the Forsaken "aren't" villains and the Crusade are decimated...so as a Villain, she'd likely be fairly weak unless she's acting the patsy for someone else.

Varian is clearly delusional or just ranting gibberish against the Horde. Just finished killing the apothecary responsible for horrible acts against humans and starts spouting off crap about orcs in a kingdom that doesn't belong to him. All his soldiers are from Stormwind.
    Unless they are Lordaeranian refugees. Also...lets not forget a good many people from Stormwind grew up in Lordaeron and can very easily see it as home.

And he continues to rant about orcs later too, despite this whole incident being because of rogue Forsaken who sided with the Legion
    Who was able to do what he did because the Orcs did nothing to stop them. Nor does the rogue Forsaken excuse the little fact that everything in Undercity was ordered by Sylvanas, carried out with her permission and involvement and took place over several years while being part of the Horde.

And is it ranting? Or trash talk designed to inspire his men and make Thrall and his Orcs angry? He was a gladiator you know.

Not to mention he went there with the sole intention of capturing UC for the Alliance even after learning that Thrall was going in to punish those responsible.
    The other aim was to kill Putress

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-09-09 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Unless they are Lordaeranian refugees. Also...lets not forget a good many people from Stormwind grew up in Lordaeron and can very easily see it as home.
    It is clearly not their kingdom. Varian even shouts that it's for Stormwind.
    King Varian Wrynn says: ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!
    Doesn't say anything about it being for Lordaeron.

- - - Updated - - -

Even Jaina says Varian is mentally unstable from emotional distress.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I will deliver this information to King Wrynn, Thrall, but...
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Bolvar was like a brother to him. In the King's absence, Bolvar kept the Alliance united. He found strength for our people in our darkest hours. He watched over Anduin, raising him as his own.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I fear that the rage will consume him, Thrall. I remain hopeful that reason will prevail, but we must prepare for the worst... for war.

Which it does when Varian flies off the handle and starts spouting nonsense.

It is clearly not their kingdom. Varian even shouts that it's for Stormwind.
    He and his people were taken in by Lordaeran. They spent years there. He grew up there. As did many of his people. And many Lordaeranians now live in othe Alliance territories.

You don't think it possible the speech was intended to be more emotional than something to be taken literally? That having grown up there he might have developed an attachment to the kingdom?

You think the speech was intended to be taken purely in a literal manner, with no room for interpretation whatsoever?

And no - Jaina doesn't say he is mentally unstable. She is afraid that his rage will consume him, Not concerned that he is currently unsound in mind.

EJL

Lordearon is occupied by it's rightful owners. The people who lived and died in the kingdom.

He and his people were taken in by Lordaeran. They spent years there. He grew up there. As did many of his people. And many Lordaeranians now live in othe Alliance territories.

You don't think it possible the speech was intended to be more emotional than something to be taken literally? That having grown up there he might have developed an attachment to the kingdom?

You think the speech was intended to be taken purely in a literal manner, with no room for interpretation whatsoever?
    You're the one taking it literally to mean that he and his troops are from Lordaeron because he said "our kingdom"...

And no - Jaina doesn't say he is mentally unstable. She is afraid that his rage will consume him, Not concerned that he is currently unsound in mind.
    When someone is consumed by rage they are of sound mind?

You're the one taking it literally to mean that he and his troops are from Lordaeron because he said "our kingdom"...
    Lordearon is the spiritual home of The Alliance, human soldiers still cry "For Lordearon" in battle, humans still use the crest of Lordearon as symbol for their people. The original Alliance was called "The Alliance of Lordearon" and at it's peak it was the greatest human kingdom in existence. It's where the vast majority of human history and activity over the years has taken place. It's no surprise the human King sees it as a human kingdom and would want to restore it. To make it simple, think of Jerusalem, many different people claim it, all have valid reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Lordearon is the spiritual home of The Alliance, human soldiers still cry "For Lordearon" in battle, humans still use the crest of Lordearon as symbol for their people. The original Alliance was called "The Alliance of Lordearon" and at it's peak it was the greatest human kingdom in existence. It's where the vast majority of human history and activity over the years has taken place. It's no surprise the human King sees it as a human kingdom and would want to restore it. To make it simple, think of Jerusalem, many different people claim it, all have valid reasons.
    Interesting, because Varian doesn't cry "For Lordaeron" he cries "For Stormwind". I would like a source on these human soldiers who cry "For Lordaeron". Also, the only people who use the crest of Lordaeron is Theramore (well, not anymore). Not even the Scarlet Crusade uses the crest of Lordaeron outside fanart and the RPG.

Arathor was the greatest human kingdom in existence. The vast majority of human history is tied to Arathor. It's only briefly that Lordaeron was the center. Stromguard is the Jerusalem analogue for humans.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-09 at 10:25 PM.