View Poll Results: Will Lordaeron be restored?

Voters
614. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 18.89%
  • No

498 81.11%
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Terenas was the spokesperson by simple fact of being the host, so what? He wasn't the leader. They declared Lothar to be the leader.
    Supreme Commander. A military position. Not quit the same. Terenas, however, was perhaps the single major driving force behind the creation of the Alliance. It was created and inspired by Lordaeranians, it was created in Lordaeran and its armies were initially populated by many Lordaeranians. It was at Capital City in Lordaeran that the tide turned in the fight against the Horde.

Lothar, as the first Supreme Commander of the Alliance forces, was important and immensely respected and capable. But he was still playing MacArthur to Terenas' Roosevelt. He led the armies, not he nations.

Is it really that important that you undermine the case that Lordaeran simply holds a special place in the heart of many humans? That the actions of its King and people during the second war helped forge a link between the peoples that still remains strong today?

Which overrode his judgement... He starts a tirade
    You see a tirade. I see him talking trash to Thrall in an attempt to rile him up and inspire his men. Angry? To be sure. Ranting and raving? No

against the orcs for unrelated events to what they had witnessed in UC. Like seriously? What they had just witnessed in UC is way worse than anything Varian mentions about the orcs. But Varian goes on about the orcs instead of focusing on the horrors right in front of them. Varian mentions being thrown into the arenas FFS! Not even on the same scale as what Putress was doing.
    You don't think the legalised slavery in Orgrimmar is something many humans find abhorrent...especially a former slave? You don't think Varian reminding Thrall of his hypocrisy in this matter might be a worthy verbal jab? From the Alliances point of view, the Horde has much to answer for after all, even without everything that went on in Undercity on Thralls watch. Why ignore it?

EJL

Lordaeron belongs to the forsakens, and we shall never let it be otherwise !

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Supreme Commander. A military position. Not quit the same. Terenas, however, was perhaps the single major driving force behind the creation of the Alliance. It was created and inspired by Lordaeranians, it was created in Lordaeran and its armies were initially populated by many Lordaeranians. It was at Capital City in Lordaeran that the tide turned in the fight against the Horde.

Lothar, as the first Supreme Commander of the Alliance forces, was important and immensely respected and capable. But he was still playing MacArthur to Terenas' Roosevelt. He led the armies, not he nations.

Is it really that important that you undermine the case that Lordaeran simply holds a special place in the heart of many humans? That the actions of its King and people during the second war helped forge a link between the peoples that still remains strong today?
    Ignore all the facts you want. I laid them out plainly. Go look at the novel yourself if you don't believe my quotations. All Terenas did was provide a place for them to meet. The Alliance formed because Lothar pushed the necessity of combining forces: "We need to band together," Lothar insisted. "None of you alone can withstand them. But all of us together…might."

Supreme Allied Commander is the leader of the Alliance... It was a military alliance for fighting the Horde. They weren't making a political alliance to unify their nations or bring rainbows and flowers to their people.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    You see a tirade. I see him talking trash to Thrall in an attempt to rile him up and inspire his men. Angry? To be sure. Ranting and raving? No

You don't think the legalised slavery in Orgrimmar is something many humans find abhorrent...especially a former slave? You don't think Varian reminding Thrall of his hypocrisy in this matter might be a worthy verbal jab? From the Alliances point of view, the Horde has much to answer for after all, even without everything that went on in Undercity on Thralls watch. Why ignore it?
    One doesn't go into an ER crying about a paper cut when one has a gunshot wound.

The Horde put Varian in gladiator battles and was mean to him? Boo-fucking-hoo. If they aren't roused by the mutilated and tortured bodies littering the city or sewn into abominations, then a sob story about how Varian was mistreated isn't going to do anything. But clearly Varian thinks his own previous discomfort is more pressing an issue than the atrocities they witnessed in UC. Shows where his priorities are. But I'd rather think he just had a mental break than think he's that horrible of a person.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-11 at 07:28 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No, it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to.

Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    What I mean is that Blizzard will make canonical the parts of the RPG books that interest them.

The reason why an amateur story has become official lore is simply due to the favoritism that Blizzard has for the Horde.

I myself could write a story about Calia as heroine of the Alliance, but it never would have success.
    Lor'themar's story was canonized cause it was awesome. It was morally complex, bleak and with realistic characterization, yet with a hint of hope.

Studying your posting hostory and persistent points of view, I think we can safely assume that you would make Calia into a hopeless Mary Sue, make the alliance undoubtedly good and the horde irredeemably evil and the plot would be perfunctory to your desire of a "restored" Lordaeron.

I just think it is funny you all are arguing with someone who is clearly RPing or talking from an RP Character's perspective.

OT: I think they plan to bring Calia back as a forsaken. She will then take control of the forsaken because Sylvanas is clearly going crazy, as all horde leaders must, apparently.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card