Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rollbacks happen. I went from 46 to 45... which does take a bit of time I guess (its an alt). I'm not too happy with the situation but shit happens. Life goes on. I'll just relevel and a week from now this entire mishap would have been forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Rollbacks happen. I went from 46 to 45... which does take a bit of time I guess (its an alt). I'm not too happy with the situation but shit happens. Life goes on. I'll just relevel and a week from now this entire mishap would have been forgotten.
    Not with some of the people who post on these forums. A month from now and they'll still be bitching or laughing like it's some kind of huge deal and hasn't ever happened in any other MMO ever.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-04-12 at 02:38 AM.

Don't know if TC is trolling.

However, it is confirmed that this game is full with BUGS. EA doesn't fix them.
    I will not INVEST too much time/money/life in it.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    So non-subscribers can't create an in-game ticket, so...screw them I guess?
    I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised, I'm sure people will back BioWare because you are playing for " free ".

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Not with some of the people who post on these forums. A month from now and they'll still be bitching or laughing like it's some kind of huge deal and hasn't ever happened in any other MMO ever.
    I find it interesting how you equate it having happened before to it being acceptable.

Now if it had been a announced rollback I'd personally think nothing of it, shit do happen, we all wish they didn't but they can and occasional do. What I would find a bit scary if I where playing the game is the fact that it was unannounced random rollbacks of several hours, so it wasn't planned nor do they backup enough to not lose hours of data...if that isn't cause for concern I don't know what is.

Rollbacks are a pretty big deal, even if this is "just" game. The mere fact that their internal databases were in such a shape that a rollback was necessary is worrying. I've experienced rollbacks before, but mostly from new games - the first month of LoTRO was pretty bad. But SWToR is not THAT new a game and I would think that a company like EA had some serious data integrity.

I guess some developer or systemsadmin made a big poo poo

Z.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=623940

Here's a thread of people mostly from my server "Tomb of Freddon Nadd" who have had the same problem with me.

I am posting this because some people (EA's goon squad) tried at first to say that what I reported wasn't true, and then they tried to present me as an insufferable person so as to discredit me and cover up EA's and BIOWARE's repeated failures for which, I note, they haven't even apologized yet.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2013-04-12 at 10:32 AM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

Here's a thread of people mostly from my server "Tomb of Freddon Nadd" who have had the same problem with me.

I am posting this because some people (EA's goon squad) tried at first to say that what I reported wasn't true, and then they tried to present me as an insufferable person so as to discredit me and cover up EA's and BIOWARE's repeated failures for which, I note, they haven't even apologized yet.
    Actually, I don't think they had to try to present you as an insufferable person. You outright lied to us in your OP (saying you were threatened with a ban), and your CS ticket that you screenshotted was in fact pretty insufferable. You're not going to get someone to care about your plight by telling them they don't care about your plight, most people will look at that and conclude you're not going to be happy no matter what they do, so they may as well not do anything.

Futhermore, the concept of "The customer is always right" is a slogan that some department stores used. It's not a maxim for life or enshrined in the business practices of the world. It's not carte blanche to treat employees of a company like crap because you're a Customer and that makes you their god and master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god you're such a bloody victim. Newflash - the world isn't against you, and then lying to those you're trying to persuade to your cause doesn't help at all.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Actually, I don't think they had to try to present you as an insufferable person. You outright lied to us in your OP (saying you were threatened with a ban),
    "We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you take a moment to review our Rules of Conduct."

This sounds like a blatant threat of a ban to me.

Also, removing my post was a clear indication that they didn't want me posting on their board, so no, I did not lie. If I wanted to lie I would never post their moderator message.

and your CS ticket that you screenshotted was in fact pretty insufferable
    And what about the other ticket of mine that I screen-shotted and was not "insufferable" and they closed without even giving me the courtesy of an answer? Anything to say about that? I guess not b/c it doesn't fit to your pathetic little argument.

EA's customer service is still awful btw.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2013-04-12 at 11:14 AM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you take a moment to review our Rules of Conduct."

This sounds like a blatant threat of a ban to me.
    No, that's a standard copy paste reply to people who they have to say "just chill". The way you word it, I'd expect an email all in caps with a soundfile that plays down your speakers screaming "COME ON MY FORUM AGAIN I WILL BAN YOU SO FAST AND THEN MURDER THE FAMILY PET"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    No, that's a standard copy paste reply to people who they have to say "just chill". The way you word it, I'd expect an email all in caps with a soundfile that plays down your speakers screaming "COME ON MY FORUM AGAIN I WILL BAN YOU SO FAST AND THEN MURDER THE FAMILY PET"
    They removed my message, and that was my first ever message there. What else are they supposed to do in order to show me that I am not welcome to post on their board? And no, it is a veiled but very clear threat of a ban.

Deleted

Not sure why you're still angry. BW have clearly stated you need to write a ticket and they'll fix whatever you lost. You wrote the ticket and now just have to wait as they go through them all until they get to yours. Why all the anger? The amount of people affected wasn't that large according to the forums and so I doubt you'll have to wait long.

I wanted to pop in and give an update. We have looked at your reports and I can confirm that during our downtime, in some rare circumstances, players could have experienced a loss of quest progress, items or commendations gained, etc.

If you feel as though you were affected, please contact customer support via in-game ticket with as much information as possible from the character that was impacted.

Thank you all for your patience!
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-04-12 at 11:40 AM.

Just to be clear Jamos77, nothing against you. You tried to help me (and others) right from the start and I thank you for that.

still feeding the food to this guy huh I think this thread is done and should be shut down

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They removed my message, and that was my first ever message there. What else are they supposed to do in order to show me that I am not welcome to post on their board? And no, it is a veiled but very clear threat of a ban.

Nvm don't feel like getting banned atm
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2013-04-12 at 11:56 AM.

And? I've been banned on these boards... um... 5 or 6 times? I am pretty friendly with the people who are banning me, like playing video games with them. It's nothing personal when you break the TOS. When you say someone lives in their mothers basement and get a infractionless warning then you got off light. I got permabanned from the wow forums for less. Also, I got banned on the swtor forums. Infraction points fade. You aren't banned for ever.

You didn't even get an infraction.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-12 at 12:01 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    This type of thread is best suited on the official forums and I doubt any productive discussions will be seen on this topic here.