Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    used to get grouped with people from outland eu quite a lot, majority of them where ok guys, just a few of them though earned the entire sever the name "outland-assholes" due to the attitude they had in LFR / LFG runs.
    That's likely the case with most servers. Since people make everything so extreme in the game, one or two problems will lead people to write off the entire server as total asses or bads or whatever. Then that spreads around forums and whatnot until it's become a 'fact'. It's a little silly.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Just players from Azralon, Ragnaros, Quel'Thalas, Drakkari and Goldrinn, for no reason in particular.
    hispanic realms. kinda wish they would group them together cuz most of these players are just awful and cant speak english so you really cant help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    When I still played, at the end of Cata. I hated grouping with people from Mal'ganis US.
    Mal'ganis players are the scum of the earth.

They're always extremely negative in every group I've had with them. I even ignore most of them and theres just more that show up in dungeons and LFR.
    Last edited by Zokudu; 2013-04-12 at 03:01 AM.

About 5-10% of random pugs like to talk shit about other people and will use any aspect of that person as an excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostmourne US server had the privilege of watching a tank spam come at me bro at every mob when he was told to shut up he then had a macro with do you even lift, seems like the server is 2 years behind everyone else with the meme's then goes on about PvE pussies and i said well your in a dungeon and your doing PvE he then just spams come at me bro, thank fuck for ignore.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Well, Moonguard-US earned its reputation well before xrealm so it's not exclusive to xrealm for sure =P
    This. Also I tend to find a lot of bad players in LFD/LFR from MoonGuard-US, but not ALL of them. If they're too bad or douchey, I just leave after and never see them again.

People are definitely prejudiced against players from large realms, like Illidan, Mal'ganis, and Area 52. It's sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    For my realm, it's mostly Illidian-US that has a bad rep. I've only met a few people from that realm that aren't elitist, trolling pricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Just players from Azralon, Ragnaros, Quel'Thalas, Drakkari and Goldrinn, for no reason in particular.
    Bingo. I played on Aggramar - US and these servers were a joke amongst the population. Extremely rare to get a competent player when grouped with these servers.

EDIT: Also have a bad taste with Illidan players, many I have gotten have been elitest or just douchebags. However I did a LFR with <Raiding Rainbows> once and they were very polite and cool people it seemed.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I'd say that, if anything, they've worsened the stereotypes created by things like LFG/BGs. Outland EU used to have a pretty bad reputation which has only been further damaged due to this.
    Last edited by Gimli; 2013-04-12 at 06:24 AM.

To be honest, I think it's always been around -- I (shamefully) even participate in realm prejudice myself. But, this is ONLY due to the fact that I had a bad experience with most of the people I met on said realm. So, whenever I see someone from that realm, I won't say anything out loud -- never -- but I do say things in whispers to friends. I know I shouldn't stereotype everyone to a realm, because there are a lot of circumstances -- people get stuck there and can't move because of money, or friends, or haven't had the same poor experiences I had, etcetera. I also tend to listen to the reputation other realms gain in general, to see if they'd be good to move to and such (currently thinking of finding a new home). So, while it may be a bad thing to do, I think it was definitely around before CRZ, and will always be around. Has it increased with CRZ? Very possibly, especially if you continuously get people from a realm and have bad experiences with them. It sours your view on said realm, which could be perfectly fine otherwise.

It's true. All br players are bad and all players from Illidan are scum.

Eonar players are bad and are douches.

Nemesis/Pozzy'del eterna are usually good players but dont speak english

Deleted
    When i was horde side, there was this realm full of... southern europeans. 95% of them were just bad. 3 of them at once made any instance impossible to finish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Eonar players are bad and are douches.

Nemesis/Pozzy'del eterna are usually good players but dont speak english
    Nah they are just bad. Even the top guild, but they are douchebags because they think they are good.

Being prejudiced against servers isnt anything new, but i can definitely say after MoP myself i have become increasingly prejudiced against certain servers.

Stormscale-EU as example is very populated so its logical to meet bad/retarded/stupid people all around so i am generally prejudiced against players from there.

While lately Twisting Nether-EU even though i barely remembered the server existed, the last month every single player i met from there was some sort of complete asshole, as example a party of 5 guildies, 4 on follow and only 1 was playing in LFR while the 4 leeched and he would alt tab out cast a spell to clear their afk tags every 5mins or so, when confronted he would be all "i do heroicz nubz stfu", or the other two dudes even though they had 500 ilevel gear would do 20k dps in heroics, pulling 10 packs or so and wiping us, good thing those are easy to kick compared to LFR cause you dont require 5 votes to initiate a kick.

Generally, the prejudice always has a basis of truth behind.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    EDIT: Also have a bad taste with Illidan players, many I have gotten have been elitest or just douchebags. However I did a LFR with <Raiding Rainbows> once and they were very polite and cool people it seemed.
    I dont think Ive ever had a problem with Illidan players. There are some realms I expect the person to roll need on whatever they can even if someone needs it for MS. Also most of the interactions Ive had with people from certain other realms generally characterizes them as elitists, usually not great players and rage quitters. People who will do an Openraid and if theres more than 1 wipe the raid is over.

Deleted
    Never met a player from Aggra-EU that wasn't majorly incompetent, or spoke their own language in a cross-EU group.
    I'll agree with Kazzak-EU as a realm of idiots, Argent Dawn-EU I have a prejudice against Horde because I just came from there and am sick of how useless as a PVE faction they are. Not sure about others.

As a flipside I've never seen a bad player from Burning Legion-EU - those Poles can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I mean, I play on Shattered Halls EU and this server is dead so not much can be said about it.

But recently I saw some dude go: Oh that's coming from a Darksorrow dog. (or something like that) against a Darksorrow player.

Not sure but it seems people from certain realms get stereotyped or something?

Have you noticed anything like this?
    Absolutely nothing new. I recall in WotLK when Crushridge (EU) still had players, they were generally intensely disliked by the other servers in that battlegroup since they mostly only spoke Italian and were, generally... Quite bad at the game. :| Crushridge is dead now, so no issues anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    About 5-10% of random pugs like to talk shit about other people and will use any aspect of that person as an excuse.
    In my experience, it's more like 95 %.