Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Xrealm made people have prejudice against other realm players?

I mean, I play on Shattered Halls EU and this server is dead so not much can be said about it.

But recently I saw some dude go: Oh that's coming from a Darksorrow dog. (or something like that) against a Darksorrow player.

Not sure but it seems people from certain realms get stereotyped or something?

Have you noticed anything like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nothing new. It's been happening since they first added it to BGs and before that it happened on the forums. People will find any excuse to stereotype people when they can.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember in cata well doing a throne of tides heroic lfg, I was in a mixed server group and I was already playing on argent dawn EU. Being rp I accidentally left my rp addon on and spoke with it, apologized saying I had an rp addon on, and from that point on 3 of them began to mock me for being on an rp server and throw slang.
    Group of school children.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think i ever saw or had prejudices against other realm players.
    However, while farming the Scourged Hatchling, i boiled with rage seeing other realms' people camped there.

I have noticed this in myself, when I see people from other realms going through the rare spawns or warbringers on my realm. This also affects mining and herb nodes. They are taking away from the economy of our realm... and it frustrates me.

But as far as stereotypes of other realms, the only thing I have ever seen was in an lfr where several people from mal'ganis US were talking smack about area52 US non stop, and the area52 people had some harsh things to say in return.

Deleted
    Well, Moonguard-US earned its reputation well before xrealm so it's not exclusive to xrealm for sure =P

10+ Year Old Account
    argent dawn EU.
    Just transferred there on my monk...goldshire is very....different than on my other servers :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure its not just prejudice, but based on experience with players from said realm. I know at least there is one realm in my battlegroup I would love to be without due to the general behaviour of most the players I have encountered from there . Not saying its all the players on said realm being idiots, or acting like elements with lacking brain functions, and I´m really glad when they can prove me wrong. But as said - most the players from that server I have had a negative experience with.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    I have noticed this in myself, when I see people from other realms going through the rare spawns or warbringers on my realm. This also affects mining and herb nodes. They are taking away from the economy of our realm... and it frustrates me.

But as far as stereotypes of other realms, the only thing I have ever seen was in an lfr where several people from mal'ganis US were talking smack about area52 US non stop, and the area52 people had some harsh things to say in return.
    When I still played, at the end of Cata. I hated grouping with people from Mal'ganis US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I remember in cata well doing a throne of tides heroic lfg, I was in a mixed server group and I was already playing on argent dawn EU. Being rp I accidentally left my rp addon on and spoke with it, apologized saying I had an rp addon on, and from that point on 3 of them began to mock me for being on an rp server and throw slang.
    Group of school children.
    yeah i think roleplayers get the most slack, if you even say something even close to hinting at you doing any kind of rp you 9 times out of 10 will have some douche be like "you fag roleplayer why dont you go back to goldshire and sex up some druids" or "stop playing make believe you stupid ass roleplayer"

i also hate it when people call cutscenes or whenever an npc talks a "rp scene" or something like that. ugh it makes me want to rip their heads off THE CHARACTERS ARENT ROLEPLAYING THEY ARE THE CHARACTERS!! WHEN YOU WATCH A MOVIE AND THEY STOP BLOWING STUFF UP AND TALK TO EACHOTHER DO YOU GO OH MEH GAD A RP SCENE
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    It's nothing new. It's been happening since they first added it to BGs and before that it happened on the forums. People will find any excuse to stereotype people when they can.
    This. The one I see a lot (as my alts there and in groups on my other characters) is "Oh great, some Goldshire noob from Moonguard." People will typecast for anything if they can find a way to do so.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

well i never met a player from kazzak that was not rude which led to me never grping with players from that server if i can avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    To add one of my own... we call that BR server "Fail Barad"or "Tol Badness" for a reason...
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate just about everybody from Tichondrius. Bunch of self righteous elitists who think they're good with a stick up their ass. Most are complete ass holes who boast about their PVP titles that they bought, and then make excuses about lag when you woop their ass.

It's been around since I started.

Back when I played on Wyrmrest Accord (US) people would crap talk anybody from Moon Guard.
    I did eventually hop over to Moon Guard and still get that same crap talk from well; Random players who can barely hold their own.
    RP server drama over nothing like usual. Beautiful.

I see a lot of prejudice against random people from Tich, Darkspear and Kel'thuzad on my main's realm though. Hell - Saw it over on Proudmoore too.
    Then again; Those realms just have a bad reputation overall and my experiences with them have made me bias too.

Just players from Azralon, Ragnaros, Quel'Thalas, Drakkari and Goldrinn, for no reason in particular.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Well, Moonguard-US earned its reputation well before xrealm so it's not exclusive to xrealm for sure =P
    Funny thing, I always enjoy grouping with Moonguard people. Have never met an asshole and 99% are actually nice.

I still give them shit about thier rep though

Deleted
    used to get grouped with people from outland eu quite a lot, majority of them where ok guys, just a few of them though earned the entire sever the name "outland-assholes" due to the attitude they had in LFR / LFG runs.

There are always certain realms that will have some sort of stereotype to them. Often times when I see players in BGs from Tichondrius I just assume they're going to be pretty decent. Often times they aren't. But still, something about seeing people on that realm makes me assume they have to be decent. Same goes with Darkspear actually. But when I see people on RP realms I just assume they're horrible, and often times I'm right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new, this has been around for ages, even back in Vanilla.
    I met someone who played on a different realm to me and he was like oh you are a Jubie'thos noob.
    This has been happening since the very start.

Especially PvP realms having a go at PvE realm players, which was very common when I first started playing on Khaz'Goroth (PvE) in 05.