Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I can expect some "vision of Grom Hellscream" appearing halfway along the fight, bashing Garrosh's head with things like: "Is this what the Horde has come to? Is THIS WHAT I SACRIFICED MYSELF FOR??". Garrosh then becomes utterly pissed, yelling stuff like:"All I did was to try and make the Horde into a perfect war machine, bla bla bla"...bonk bonk pew pew smack wack spellcast, we win.

Seeing this and reading through this whole thread I have an idea on how the storyline may proceed, fleshing the epilogue of Mists of Pandaria and prologue to the coming Fourth War that the newer expansions will be based on:

- It will be clarified that Twilight's Hammer is not really dead but continuing with a newer agenda with Malkorok being a prime figure-head in itself.
    - Garrosh will die with a fight revealing hinting at the not so dead Y'shaarj
    - Initially the Alliance and Horde will reconcile on their initial differences after the events of Siege of Orgrimmar with Sha of Pride not being thought to be defeated. However, the Mists of Pandaria will began reigning over Azeroth, feeding the Pride of the Heroes into other Old Gods and rejuvenating them. This will serve as beacon to the agents of Legion who will trick the mortal races Azeroth that will cause the second divide:
    Causing the emergence of different factions that will either:
    - Want to purge fully the planet of Old Gods' influence which drive them to slowly destroy it, aligning those who will follow on this trail with the Legion (Lets call them Purgers)
    - Want to protect it from the devatation wrought by purgers, aligning those who will follow on this trail with the Titans (Lets call them Healers)

With the races distributed accordingly with their culture aka previous Titan constructions such as Dwarves will side with the Purgers and Night Elves who has long revered the nature of the Planet will side with the Healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I Kind of thought that the Expansions hold no Surprises as of who or what will be the final Boss: In Burning Crusade DemonLand you got a Demon End Boss, in WotLK Iced Undead Land you got a frozen Undead Boss whilst in Cataclysmic Dragon Expansion you got a big Dragon Boss who casts Cataclysm, so here in Pandaland where stuff is corrupted by the Sha we will face Garrosh, corrupted by the Sha. It's no brain teaser.
    But...but Garrosh isn't a panda... 0_o
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    It also adds more flavor than going in an killing a "simple Orc". Yes, I said simple Orc. That's all I'd really consider it otherwise. His fighting expertise is barely on par with Varian's, and to be honest as the Heroes or the Horde or Alliance any one of us I think could beat them both in single combat.
    oh, that again. let me tell you that you are completely wrong. no puny human is a match for an orc like garrosh, and certainly not varian. garrosh would kill all of your human "heroes" with a single blow from his father's axe. but posts like these amuse me and really show that you alliance people really DO believe your humans are strong fighters.

let me tell you this: humans are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    oh, that again. let me tell you that you are completely wrong. no puny human is a match for an orc like garrosh, and certainly not varian. garrosh would kill all of your human "heroes" with a single blow from his father's axe. but posts like these amuse me and really show that you alliance people really DO believe your humans are strong fighters.

let me tell you this: humans are weak.
    Isn't Varian beating Garrosh in Wolfheart before they are broken apart?
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

We fight Garrosh in SoO whether he is fused with an old god or sha or anything. But im still not convinced we actually kill him. I think we haven't see all of Garrosh yet. He might flee back to Outlands and use the new power for a new army against Thrall's horde.

Maybe, just a thought...

Normal mode Garrosh will just be killed by the horde/alliance.
    Hard mode Garrosh succumbs to the power of Satan and grows big, black and tentacular.

A bit like H rag. Instead of growing legs he grows tentacles.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    I can only remember TBC?
    And Vanilla. AQ was not at all a focus of classic, in fact, there really wasn't much of a focus as there was here's a raid, here's another raid that's harder, etc. etc. It just so happens that the lore of the Old Gods forces their presence as a main focus of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Seeing this and reading through this whole thread I have an idea on how the storyline may proceed, fleshing the epilogue of Mists of Pandaria and prologue to the coming Fourth War that the newer expansions will be based on:
    Technically World of Warcraft is set during the 4th war.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...85452511858689
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2013-04-12 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Yes, but he had his wolf steroids so it wasnt really even.

Lothar on the other hand, he would smack Garrosh before Gorehowl could even be lifted. It took a much more energizied, younger Doomhammer to beat a tired worn out Lothar. He pretty much disproves.that guys theory of Orcs > Humans

Deleted
    Hogger.

You know it, you want it.

Deleted
    I still think it would be better if we just kill Garrosh for who he is right now. I don't think every expansion needs to have a big bad supervillain-monster-thingy as the ultimate final boss to make it "cool". We just had Deathwing who nearly brought about the freaking end of the world, and the Lich King who basically instrumented a nearly world-wide zombie apocalypse. All this in what basically is a two or three year timespan in lore. In my opinion, it cheapens the feel of those big bad villains.

To me, the simple idea of deposing a tyrannical dictator for being a douchebag is appealing enough, even without a lame-ass corruption story that has been seen in Warcraft a thousand times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    My first impression was exactly that Malkorok was manipulating Garrosh for the same reason that blog said: "Who is this guy who's suddenly 2nd in command?" "How is he so neigh invincible without backstory of conquest?" The blog has reasonable explanation for this: a black dragon in disguise... possible, but not probable. Mostly because if it were a Black Dragon wouldn't it make sense to use Garrosh to finish Wrathion? Thus he would no longer have to hide, but the Horde doesn't even give Wrathion a second glance.

If not a black dragon what is he? Surely not just some Blackrock Orc. Wrathion himself gave you the hint: This world is on a collision course, and the conflict your sides are engaging in is weakening us to the point where we won't be able to stand against it. If you are a lore enthusiast, then you would remember the Burning Legion's tactics for world conquests, and exactly what the purpose of a Dreadlord is.

And that's exactly what I think Malkorok is... a Dreadlord sent by the Burning Legion to sow chaos and disorder to make the conquest of Azeroth easier. Fits the M.O. perfectly, and wouldn't that be sweet irony; as much as Garrosh tried to distance himself from the Legion, his most trusted adviser was exactly that... an agent of the Legion.
    That would be a pretty awesome lead in to the next expansion, however with the way things have gone lately I can't believe Blizzard would think that far ahead.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how relevant this would be or if it has been discussed in previous pages but didn't Cho'gall try to poke around with the Old God C'thun and went from being insane to super bat-shit crazy with the end result of him becoming deformed and mutated because of the corruption?

I mean, C'thun represented eyes and thus Cho'gall became riddled with eyes. Y'shaarj is represented by having several heads so would we see such a dramatic effect take hold of Garrosh if he were to poke around with the heart of an Old God in the same way Cho'gall tried to ressurect C'thun?

Maybe it'll turn in to a fight which deals with the many faces of pride much like the Reliquary of Souls in Black Temple but on a more suitable level for an Orc.

It'd be cool if Garrosh somehow ended up being sent into permanent exile, to live out his days in shame as opposed to killing him. He'd still be out in the world, but would be completely stripped of power. We'd maybe get to see him again one day as part of a questline, and while still headstrong, his personality would be a shadow of his former war mongering self. The player character would get to take part in some story involving his life in exile. He'd still be a great warrior in his own right, but would never again take part in anything of real significance in the world.

For some reason I feel like this would be a more interesting end to his arc than the ["Becomes leader"->"Crazed with power"->"Turns his nation against himself"->"Killed by the 'good guys'"] thing we're heading down now.

If Y'shaarj should ever appear, I hope they'll make him a powerful being. He's an OLD GOD! Dammit, once Krasus said that even sargeras would have feared them!

Sounds awesome since we will kill him

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Arakkoa worshipped Terokk (one of their dead old heroes) there is no evidence of them worshipping old gods other than some ghost Arakkoa in Shadowmoon who tried to summon something that looks a little bit like C'Thun.
    A politically correct way to say "it had the exact same model"

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Oh Yes. Even in Dalaran during the Yoggy's conference.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the whole Dark Heart of Pandaria.....
    the final room had some similarities to the prison of Yogg-Saron.....especially the chains
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"