Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Garrosh will become Y'Shaarj

Every time I right about the Garrosh fight and what I would want in it, I always have speculated that during the fight, Garrosh will become overwhelmed by the Sha and morph into an avatar of Y'Shaarj, who i believe is the God of War. It would be fitting where, in an expansion where war is the enemy, we fight the embodiment of war itself.

But anyways, i was watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=YjgvoQk7Tq0, and immediately became intrigued when it's shown that, like other Old God's, Y'Shaarj's blood is intact, and we fight his blood, instead of his shadow like many would have assumed. Now, alongside this, we see that immediately after going under Y'Shaarj's heart, the goblin Crafty gets sprayed in what can either be his blood or shadow, and is empowered, becoming the Echo of Y'Shaarj. This can all only mean one thing.

Y'Shaarj is nowhere near as dead as the Titans thought. Now, go ahead, link the interview where Blizzard said Y'Shaarj is very,very dead. We have seen many times, the most recent being the case of the Sha of Pride, that Blizzard will lie in interviews in order to keep things a surprise. Now for speculation.

In SoO, Garrosh will have removed Norkurions heart akin to Lei Shen, or do something to him that causes him to drain the Watchers power. He will be unaware of the 7th Sha (why on earth would the PC tell him). He will be in complete control of every emotion aside from Pride, which will consume him after Gorehowl breaks, causing him to lose control and be overwhelmed by all the other Sha at once. This will all happen in the proximity of the Heart of War (Y'Shaarj), which will, because of all 7 Sha being in such close proximity, break. His Blood will mix with is Shadow, all the meanwhile Garrosh is there with the powers of a Watcher.

If a simple goblin can become Y'Shaarj's Echo, then imagine what an Orc with the powers of a Titan who is possessed by the Sha would turn into.
    Last edited by babo7000; 2013-04-12 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh this feels like a massive cop out by what blizzard first promised us, but I guess thats expected given trying to think up a creative way to make Garrosh an intresting final boss would take to much time and effort.

They originally said when ths siege came and we fight Garrosh, he wouldn't be possessed by anything corrupting like old god or demons or the like. They appear to have back down from this and just gone with .. well, Old god stuff.

At least thats assumed, we don't know what he'll do yet.

All I could say at the end of the Scenario was "Oh no" because that gigantic thing is going to twist Orgrimmar.

But, yeah, I think at this point Garrosh is going to become some huge beast Sha like thing/Yshaarj.

Who's that Titan Mogu in the background though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I hope he doesn't become old god possessed. That was last expansion.... Let's do something a little different plz Blizz? As of Secrets of Ragefire Chasm scenario, he's definitely toying with bad stuff, but whether it'll actually be used on himself is still to be determined. I'd still prefer downing a raid boss based purely upon the fact that he became overly power hungry rather corrupted by outside forces.

That sounds pretty awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Tbh this feels like a massive cop out by what blizzard first promised us,
    How?

He's been made to look like a huge villain/douche bag, and he's making this choice out of free will to move the container, which obviously is what's fueling the Sha and darkness on Pandaria, to Orgrimmar.

Like any rational leader, he could've left it and decided to do something else to power up his forces, but no, he took this option, which is malevolent in its own right and will obviously destroy the Horde. But to his power hungry and selfish mind, this artifact will simply fuel his "Perfect Horde".

It also adds more flavor than going in an killing a "simple Orc". Yes, I said simple Orc. That's all I'd really consider it otherwise. His fighting expertise is barely on par with Varian's, and to be honest as the Heroes or the Horde or Alliance any one of us I think could beat them both in single combat.

By doing this, Blizzard establishes Garrosh's descent into darkness, along with adding more zest to the final product of Siege: an Old God no one really expected.

Tbh this feels like a massive cop out by what blizzard first promised us, but I guess thats expected given trying to think up a creative way to make Garrosh an intresting final boss would take to much time and effort.

They originally said when ths siege came and we fight Garrosh, he wouldn't be possessed by anything corrupting like old god or demons or the like. They appear to have back down from this and just gone with .. well, Old god stuff.

At least thats assumed, we don't know what he'll do yet.
    But the beauty of it all is that he isnt being used or corrupted by anything, he corrupts himself. He has now reached a point where any weapon, be it from Titan or Old God, is fair game for him to use. He has already become a villain, and he did it without any influence.

Remember that moment where Mannoroth taunts Grom, his eyes glow as the demon blood is raging, but he fights it an attacks Mannoroth. Garrosh is going to go through the same thing, only he will lose that fight with himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    I hope he doesn't become old god possessed. That was last expansion.... Let's do something a little different plz Blizz? As of Secrets of Ragefire Chasm scenario, he's definitely toying with bad stuff, but whether it'll actually be used on himself is still to be determined. I'd still prefer downing a raid boss based purely upon the fact that he became overly power hungry rather corrupted by outside forces.
    I'm 100% convinced he's going to be under full control depending on what form he becomes. He's fucked up in the head as is. Neltharion, before the Old God corruption, was actually a good guy. Garrosh has descended into this path of malevolence on his own. It'd simply be feeding his selfish wants and needs, thus keeping him in full control.

He wants to be "possessed" and gain this power so that his, and I say it again, "Perfect Horde" can be established.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    He has already become a villain, and he did it without any influence.

Remember that moment where Mannoroth taunts Grom, his eyes glow as the demon blood is raging, but he fights it an attacks Mannoroth. Garrosh is going to go through the same thing, only he will lose that fight with himself.
    This. 100% this, except I think Garrosh will willingly give in/seize control.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying it can't be an interesting twist if they do it right. I'm saying its an obvious cop out since they said they weren't going to make Garrosh into a corrupted entity.

but again, we don't know if he will yet.

I think it would be a cool twist if Garrosh's pride would overpower the old god's control. Kind of like Vegeta in Dragon Ball Z who allowed Babidi to control him and give him powers but used his pride to resist his mind control.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I thought Ragefire Chasm kinda gave away that it would be Demon Blood. Now we're back at Old Gods...

Maybe the Old Gods make him drink Demon Blood and he gets double corrupted? .-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    But the beauty of it all is that he isnt being used or corrupted by anything, he corrupts himself. He has now reached a point where any weapon, be it from Titan or Old God, is fair game for him to use. He has already become a villain, and he did it without any influence.

It would be an interesting twist if at the end, Garrosh see's what his actions have created, he does a whole 'what have I done?!' thing, and then dies.. not in a redeeming fashion just like as if a mad scientist made a killer virus and accidentally releases it and kills himself.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If garrosh should fall then please let him be the last boss.

Pride goes before a fall or something like that.
    You cared enough to post.

I like this theory.

Even though.. just brings more of the same ol' Cthulu-esque corruption all over.. no "mortal, 'civilized' beings' capacity to do the truly horrifying w/o any supernatural corruption/influence".. one begins to wonder.. is it even possible to have such "horrors the metahuman psyche is capable of" themes in a PG-13 setting? Perhaps this is the hidden reason why they just keep having their Lovecraft tendrils in everybody's head the minute they show a little craziness =/

I somehow doubt it though..
    >>> And then.. <<<

Deleted
    I don't think they've ever said that. I certainly can't recall it and it would mean quite a lot to me.
    But even if they did, they would've lied to prevent spoiling the story. I can understand that. They've done so before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but haven't we already seen a story about someone who allowed themselves to be corrupted and followed every bad path possible in achieving that kind of power, all the while believing they were doing what was right?

you know, that blond dude from up north, whats his name, Artimus.. Archibald... Annie?

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't think they've ever said that. I certainly can't recall it and it would mean quite a lot to me.
    But even if they did, they would've lied to prevent spoiling the story. I can understand that. They've done so before.
    yeah gotta agree with that last point that is a trait the devs seem to have -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    He wants to be "possessed" and gain this power so that his, and I say it again, "Perfect Horde" can be established.
    No he doesn't. He doesn't want to go down the same road as his father, that's why he's against demonic powers and that's why he wouldn't willingly let himself get possessed. If he even knows of the corrupting powers (which I'm not even sure of) , he would use it on others, not himself.

I'm convinced that something doesn't go according to his plan and he gets possessed/corrupted against his will. Then we go and purge the Sha/Y'shaarj from his body, and we may or may not kill him in the process.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 10:49 PM ----------

yeah gotta agree with that last point that is a trait the devs seem to have -_-
    They denied that Mists of Pandaria would be the next expansion for a while. They sometimes lie 'for the greater good', just to not spoil the surprise/story.

Maybe he'll be able to overpower the old god's control like how his father defied Mannoroth? And fight the old god with us ? Would suck if Hellscream line ended...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    No he doesn't. He doesn't want to go down the same road as his father, that's why he's against demonic powers and that's why he wouldn't willingly let himself get possessed. If he even knows of the corrupting powers (which I'm not even sure of) , he would use it on others, not himself.

I'm convinced that something doesn't go according to his plan and he gets possessed/corrupted against his will. Then we go and purge the Sha/Y'shaarj from his body, and we may or may not kill him in the process.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 10:49 PM ----------

They denied that Mists of Pandaria would be the next expansion for a while. They sometimes lie 'for the greater good', just to not spoil the surprise/story.
    God no.

If he doesn't want to be possessed and becomes a bitch in the end, THAT'S a cop out.

Why would they build him up to be such a villain and then turn him into a misunderstood figure?

That's lame as shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is this other thing that this current reveal about Y'shaarj's heart has made people forgotten.

In 5.1 the vol'jin scenario had them discover ancient mogu relics about how to shape flesh, and Garrosh's assassin said this is exactly what the warchief wants, the power to shape flesh and build warriors.

Taken that into account, what if Garrosh has done this, and using a combination of dark magics both the mogu used and old god power. Maybe he's trying to shape an army or something even bigger we haven't seen yet.