Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eigon88 View Post
    Shaping flesh and resurrecting his father? :O
    What a Twist!

But yeah, I could see him trying that, seeing a cutscene of him going to groms grave, digging up his bones and using all the stuff he's found in pandaria in a ritual to raise grom.. of course, he won't be grom, since much like Cairne his spit will have departed long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    That's true and I understand what you mean.

What I mean is that durning his last battle against the horde and the alliance and after his defeat I want him to be Garrosh not to be possessed by Sha or old gods or demonic stuff durning the Siege of Orgimmar.
    Well yeah, I want him to still be Garrosh on most levels.

The thing is he just has such a stupid model that I just want him to be something more impressive than a tiny-headed fat Orc when we fight him, because as it is that's all he is. A reasonably skilled but quite fat Orc with a small head.

And chances are we're going to get the assistance of various Lore characters who could probably take him on one-on-one without the a raid party to help out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, what exactly would this Overseer be doing there?

Garrosh still doesn't like Demons. His preferred summonings are all Elementals, his favored casters are all some form of Shaman and when they made their first Dire Orc it was through the power of Elemental Fire, not Fel.

Garrosh has never been a big fan of Demons and isn't likely to become one any time soon. Working with the Legion would probably be where he draws the line. It's just not something he would do.
    How can using fel energy be worse than turning your own people into Sha?

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 01:25 PM ----------

He's already doing that too. In fact he's been doing a lot of things, and of his own free will.

And really, the only problem with "corruption" or "corruptive" sources of power is if it makes the character do things that were previously against their character to do.

I don't think Garrosh empowering himself has to completely alter his motives and personality, he already wants to conquer Azeroth and believes himself its rightful ruler. He already believes he can master and control the power presented in the Sha and he hasn't been brain whispered or corrupted into coming to these conclusions.

If he takes upon himself the power of Y'shaarj it won't be corruption. He won't have been forced into it or unfairly deceived or pressured by outside influence.

It will be his choice with him fully understanding the risk.

None of the truly corrupted villains ever got a real choice, Deathwing was just brain-whispered, Arthas was soul-stoled as the result of the villains plot and so on.

With Garrosh the only one with the plan was Garrosh. He would be the one taking this power for himself without guidance or deception nor any supernaturally induced madness. He is making these choices as Garrosh.
    Arthas was aware of what he was doing. He knew the blade was cursed and he was willing to pay any price to save his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    That's true and I understand what you mean.

What I mean is that durning his last battle against the horde and the alliance and after his defeat I want him to be Garrosh not to be possessed by Sha or old gods or demonic stuff durning the Siege of Orgimmar.
    I don't think that's possible. So far we've defeated: Onyxia, Nefarian (twice), Ragnaros (twice), C'thun, Hakkar, Kel'thuzad (twice), Gruul, Magtheridon, Lady Vashj, Kael'thas, Illidan, partially-summoned-Kil'Jaeden, Malygos, Sartharion, Yogg-Saron, Algalon, Anub'arak, The Lich King (or at least Arthas), Empowered Cho'gall, Sinestra, Deathwing, six different Sha, Empress Shek'zeer, Lei Shen and Ra-Den.

Garrosh is way too weak for a final raid, let alone expansion, boss. He is evil by himself, but he will need more power to make the fight interesting.

Unless the final boss is him using the artifact to throw different monsters at us and, once we destroy them all and the Heart itself, he desperately attacks us and is easily killed off, à la Arthas piñata.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    How can using fel energy be worse than turning your own people into Sha?
    Because Garrosh has always had personal reasons for disliking Fel in particular.

And so far he's found plenty of ways not to use it even if his alternatives are just as bad.

Deleted
    Garrosh reshapes his fathers body, binds the power of the Sha to it, and sends Grom after us instead of facing us directly, in a last ditch effort Thrall manages to quell the rage within this new body and contact Groms real spirit which purges the demons inside once again, throwing them out, they corrupt Garrosh, and Grom kills him.

After the battle Thrall realise that Groms spirit has bonded with the new body and welcomes back his old friend.
    Grom then siezes power of the Horde as the new Warchief to right as many of the wrongs his misguided son did.

I still want Saurfang Sr to take over as Warchief tho :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Heart of War?
    THQ and Vigil Games called, they complained that one of their major characters cannot work without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I don't think that's possible. So far we've defeated: Onyxia, Nefarian (twice), Ragnaros (twice), C'thun, Hakkar, Kel'thuzad (twice), Gruul, Magtheridon, Lady Vashj, Kael'thas, Illidan, partially-summoned-Kil'Jaeden, Malygos, Sartharion, Yogg-Saron, Algalon, Anub'arak, The Lich King (or at least Arthas), Empowered Cho'gall, Sinestra, Deathwing, six different Sha, Empress Shek'zeer, Lei Shen and Ra-Den.

Garrosh is way too weak for a final raid, let alone expansion, boss. He is evil by himself, but he will need more power to make the fight interesting.

Unless the final boss is him using the artifact to throw different monsters at us and, once we destroy them all and the Heart itself, he desperately attacks us and is easily killed off, à la Arthas piñata.

You have a point. But who knows maybe the last boss of this expansion is not even Garrosh maybe Sha of Pride or Y'shaarj.

Because Garrosh has always had personal reasons for disliking Fel in particular.

And so far he's found plenty of ways not to use it even if his alternatives are just as bad.
    I really think that its just that their isnt a significant fel power source available to him, especially compared to all the Old God and Titan tech on Pandaria. In ToW, he does demand the summoning of more demons, so he has clearly softened up to warlocks. I mean, he cant be THAT disillusional, that he sees Fel as bad but turning your warriors into Sha as acceptable.

It makes you wonder, seeing as how theres a 99% chance for a legion x-pac next, what role, if any, will Garrosh play?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Errm old gods are Azerothian.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Summoned_Old_God
    Old Gods exist in some form in Outland, one is summoned in Shadowmoon Valley and the arakkoa gods Anzu, Rukhmar and Terokk are old god minions.
    Last edited by bohapjut; 2013-04-12 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Summoned_Old_God
    Old Gods exist in some form in Outland, one is summoned in Shadowmoon Valley and the arakkoa gods Anzu, Rukhmar and Terokk are old god minions.
    Go do the quest, it is not named as an old god explicitly at all in the text, just as an "ancient evil".

Deleted
    Garrosh will probably be made to look like WoW's Hitler interning the Troll's in cages. So if we are taking on a Hitler type it will be easier for even Horde to do that rather than be associated as a Garrosh supporting Horde Nazi.

Go do the quest, it is not named as an old god explicitly at all in the text, just as an "ancient evil".
    With C'Thuns model, in an x-pac where we have an imprisoned boss talking about Old Gods, all the while Blizzard has confirmed Old Gods exist outside Azeroth too.

Yea, its an Old God. Remember, ancient and evil are used in every description they have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eigon88 View Post
    Shaping flesh and resurrecting his father? :O
    Infusing the flesh shapen orcs with Twilight and Sha blood?
    I smell the ultimate fake orcs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the Ask CDev:
    Q: Who is the arakkoa "master" that Isfar talks about? It is not Terokk…
    A: There are more Old Gods than just the ones trapped on Azeroth. It takes a lot for them to become manifested on a physical plane, however; see the quest line in Shadowmoon Valley that ends with "Thwart the Dark Conclave" for more information.
    Not all old gods are Azerothian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    From the Ask CDev:

Not all old gods are Azerothian.
    That quest still doesn't outright say it's about an old god. Now the question is, is that a hint by the dev, or was that particular dev either misinformed, or assuming things on his own. There were Q&As before where they spread misinformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping he won't be corrupted and he'll just be using the power of the Sha while somehow staving off any potential corruption on his side. That way he'll be fully aware of what he's done all the way to his death.

No more 'redemption' bull please. Let him be fully aware. Let him suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That quest still doesn't outright say it's about an old god. Now the question is, is that a hint by the dev, or was that particular dev either misinformed, or assuming things on his own. There were Q&As before where they spread misinformation.
    Please point me to a Lore Ask the Devs where there was information that was considered incorrect, for my own curiosity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Please point me to a Lore Ask the Devs where there was information that was considered incorrect, for my own curiosity.
    When Cataclysm was announced it said in the trailer that "an ancient ally resurfaces to bring the savage worgen into the alliance". It was pretty clear they meant the Night Elves, the video even showed the Night Elves when that line was said in the video. They were asked in a Q&A who that ancient ally is, and what connection they have to the Worgen. They answered it was the humans. And there are more instances of devs not really understanding the question or having wrong information. Not even Metzen gets everything right all the time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...GjyPYxjM#t=26s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I... I think it'd be cool if... hehe... you know, we'd like get, CLOUD from FF7 to merge with Garrosh, cuz, like, CLOUD is SO AWESUM like, he'd be soooo kick-ass like, like no other boss, like not even Sephiroth could beat Cloud and Garrosh... it'd be like CLOUDOSH!!!

It's prtty cool, huh? HUH?!?!?

It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman