Thread: CMs & frost

CMs & frost

Hi all. hope you all are having a good evening/day/morning wherver on the big circle you are.

Im about to start Cms as 2h frost and i have a few questions,

Is sha touched wpn the best atm if you do not have a ToT wpn? (yes including the legendary gem)
    is haste still what i should stack the living shit out of or is str superior? (gemming)
    if so then haste vs str food?

is it worth going dw instead for the frost dmg bonus to howling blast for aoe due to mastery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I'm pretty sure the sha-touched gem is inactivated when entering challenge modes, could be wrong.

When I did them in 5.1, I played dual wield as it felt superior, the bonus cleave damage you get from the mastery is really necessary as you spend the majority of the time on trash with more then x3 mobs. Not sure how the 5.2 changed affects this, havent played dk much lately, but still feels like dw better then 2h.

In my experience selling Challenge Modes 2H Frost is preferred to DW, especially if you're playing with a good tank and other strong AoE classes.

Many people often overestimate the importance of AoE in CMs. Tanks should be doing most of the AoE damage if you're pulling correctly for speed.

As 2H, just reforge haste>mastery>crit for CMs. Your single target will be virtually unchanged and your AoE will be slightly stronger.

As for weapon, the Sha Gem is disabled so the preferred weapon is a socketed one from ToT, the haste/crit random sword is the best but anyone will do to be honest. As for gemming you should stick with Str gemming as haste hasn't really been viable to gem since around 485-495 ilevel.
    Strength food.

Set bonuses are also disabled so just stick to well-itemized pieces with lots of sockets.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    In my experience selling Challenge Modes 2H Frost is preferred to DW, especially if you're playing with a good tank and other strong AoE classes.

Many people often overestimate the importance of AoE in CMs. Tanks should be doing most of the AoE damage if you're pulling correctly for speed.

As 2H, just reforge haste>mastery>crit for CMs. Your single target will be virtually unchanged and your AoE will be slightly stronger.

As for weapon, the Sha Gem is disabled so the preferred weapon is a socketed one from ToT, the haste/crit random sword is the best but anyone will do to be honest. As for gemming you should stick with Str gemming as haste hasn't really been viable to gem since around 485-495 ilevel.
    Strength food.

Set bonuses are also disabled so just stick to well-itemized pieces with lots of sockets.
    This is wrong...2h frost priority goes haste>crit>mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post

And he said to prioritize mastery over crit for cms because aoe dmg is important. Which makes sense.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

The more sockets you have the better.

Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    For Challenge Modes only.