Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how much am i missing?

how much lore am i missing from just playing the game? cuz i had no idea garrosh attacked darnassus.

That depends on where you are in the game and else you've read outside the game (cause there's a lot of stuff now, and more on the way).

The lore you're specifically talking about happened in the 5.1 daily section. So I'm assuming you don't do dailies? Either that or you're just not exalted with the 5.1 faction yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's part of the 5.1 storyline that's unlocked as you gain rep with the faction.

The Dominance Offensive one?

Still working my way through that, just got the poisoned Vol'jin quest completed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarexx View Post
    how much lore am i missing from just playing the game? cuz i had no idea garrosh attacked darnassus.
    When did he attack Darnassus? wtf
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    When did he attack Darnassus? wtf
    Short, abridged answer: Horde finds Mogu artifact called the Divine Bell made from the flesh of a Titan. Alliance steal it, and bring it to Darnassus to keep it away from the Horde. Horde uses Belf mages to teleport in stealthers to steal the Bell back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Short, abridged answer: Horde finds Mogu artifact called the Divine Bell made from the flesh of a Titan. Alliance steal it, and bring it to Darnassus to keep it away from the Horde. Horde uses Belf mages to teleport in stealthers to steal the Bell back
    Wtf? That isn't how I saw the v5.1 chain..
    What I learned from the dailies is, Horde finds Bell, Alliance stole the bell and brought it to Dalaran, which is why, Jaina's PMS against Horde makes no sense, as Alliance also transport weapons through a faux neutral city.. Also, I never heard about Garrosh attacking Darnassus before now...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What I learned from the dailies is, Horde finds Bell, Alliance stole the bell and brought it to Dalaran, which is why, Jaina's PMS against Horde makes no sense, as Alliance also transport weapons through a faux neutral city.. Also, I never heard about Garrosh attacking Darnassus before now...
    Then you forgot a lot.

It was taken to Darnassus and the Horde stole it from Darnassus in their questline.

You obviously didn't pay enough attention to the questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Then you forgot a lot.

It was taken to Darnassus and the Horde stole it from Darnassus in their questline.
    You can't STEAL, what others have stolen from you in the first place.. You re-aqquire..
    And alliance still transported it through Dala, breaking same rules Horde did with Manabomb..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't STEAL, what others have stolen from you in the first place.. You re-aqquire..
    And alliance still transported it through Dala, breaking same rules Horde did with Manabomb..
    Now that right there is an old discussion that's already been covered thoroughly by people who paid more attention / had better reading/listening comprehension than you.

Also, Alliance didn't steal the bell, we simply got there first because we had Dwarvish James Bond on our side.
    Swept it away under the Horde's noses as they were still making their way over to the Mogu cave.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

really is it "darnassus" or Dalaran we're talking about

I have done the entire questline and I've been only shortly in darnassus to track down someone who left trails all over darnassus. But to say there had been an attack.... thats going too far. I didn't even see any fights while I was there nor did I see any bodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    really is it "darnassus" or Dalaran we're talking about

I have done the entire questline and I've been only shortly in darnassus to track down someone who left trails all over darnassus. But to say there had been an attack.... thats going too far. I didn't even see any fights while I was there nor did I see any bodies.
    The "attack" on Darnassus was a stealthy thievery of the Bell, which was hidden in the druidic enclave. You wouldn't see fights or corpses because that would've defeated the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    The "attack" on Darnassus was a stealthy thievery of the Bell, which was hidden in the druidic enclave. You wouldn't see fights or corpses because that would've defeated the purpose.
    Lol people call that an attack ^^ funny stuff.

But yeah I understand ofcourse that when it is just a stealthy thing that you don't see any or many corpses. So I didn't miss anything, I just didn't think that people in this thread would actually call that an attack... I wonder what they would have called it if there were 5 corpses - the apocalypse?

Deleted
    The problem is Blizzard have started putting major lore events into the books so you have to buy the additional merch if you want to experience it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    The problem is Blizzard have started putting major lore events into the books so you have to buy the additional merch if you want to experience it.
    I purchased my book, "Daily Quests in Patch 5.1", a while ago, and I'm real happy with it. Sometimes I read it on the beach, when I'm grinding my fishing skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Lol people call that an attack ^^ funny stuff.

But yeah I understand ofcourse that when it is just a stealthy thing that you don't see any or many corpses. So I didn't miss anything, I just didn't think that people in this thread would actually call that an attack... I wonder what they would have called it if there were 5 corpses - the apocalypse?
    Meh. It's semantics.
    besides, I think Jaina is calling it an "attack", and people are simply quoting her. Jaina has been expressing herself in .. interesting ways, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I purchased my book, "Daily Quests in Patch 5.1". sometimes I read it on the beach, when I'm grinding my fishing skill.

Meh. It's semantics.
    besides, I think Jaina is calling it an "attack", and people are simply quoting her. Jaina has been expressing herself in .. interesting ways, after all.
    Oh yeah Jaina is borderline irrational even for a woman

I have not seen any of this you guys are talking about. I have done every single quest available in Pandaria. What do I need to do to open this questline? Is it just get dominance offensive to revered?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    I have not seen any of this you guys are talking about. I have done every single quest available in Pandaria. What do I need to do to open this questline? Is it just get dominance offensive to revered?
    Exalted. Every now and then along the way to exalted new, non-daily quests in the Krasarang hub become available to you, furthering the story.