Strange Behaviour of Havoc when using Mouseover-Macros

I am wondering, if someone else has noticed a strange behaviour of Havoc not working correctly, when using Shadowburn with an mouseover-macro.

Since there was a lot Shadowburn sniping in the Horridon heroic fight, I created a mouseovermacro, to better cleave the damage from the low-HP adds on the targets, that need to be killed fast. What got me wondering, if the macro worked correctly was the fact that my Havoc charges were not depleting. With no time to evaluate the logs during the raid and killing the boss finally, I tested it out later on some random mobs in Pandaria and found out that it is possible to reproduce the bug.

The main thing is, that Havoc stops working, when you use mouseover-macros and have the target with Havoc applied as target.
    Simply nothing will happen on the target with the debuff, but your Shadowburn will hit the mouseover.

If my english is too confusing, I can create a small video footage,if requested, on how the bug works and therefore you should be aware for that fact, because it has quite a large impact on your DPS.

I just tested it in-game now after reading this topic and the same thing happened to me, so it's not an isolated bug. Will definitely have to keep this in mind and not use mouseover Shadowburn whilst targetting my Havoc target until it gets fixed.

A mouseover macro (or any macro for that matter) cannot affect how a debuff works once it's on the target.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean though... you're saying that you apply Havoc to a mob using a mouseover macro, but shadowburn will hit your current mouseover instead of the Havoc'ed mob?

This was recently discussed in the Destruction sticky, starting here.

Basically if your current target is the Havoc'd target, no spells will copy to it. Workaround:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    First posted by Brusalk
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2013-04-12 at 02:56 PM. Reason: fixed macro

Ah, good to know. Thanks for linking the macro as well!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    This was recently discussed in the Destruction sticky, starting here.

Basically if your current target is the Havoc'd target, no spells will copy to it. Workaround:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    Thank you so much for this, during the ball lightning phase I was casting Havoc on lei shen and still finding he had 3 charges once they were all dead, I had assumed it was an issue with his hit box or something. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Thank you so much for this, during the ball lightning phase I was casting Havoc on lei shen and still finding he had 3 charges once they were all dead, I had assumed it was an issue with his hit box or something. Cheers.
    You're welcome :P (At least credit me Sakpoth :/)

Is the same thing happening with putting havoc on a focused target, then mouseover shadow burning? Or just a main target havoc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Lol. Cheers brusalk!

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Sorry, forgot to give you credit for publicising it first, I'll edit my post (I had actually made that macro in my mind as I read replies to my post in the sticky before I got to your macro, so technically it's not a complete ripoff :P). By the way, the original macro you posted is kind of pointless since you made it with Havoc instead of Shadowburn, the extra untargeting/targeting is not necessary with Havoc itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Sorry, forgot to give you credit for publicising it first, I'll edit my post (I had actually made that macro in my mind as I read replies to my post in the sticky before I got to your macro, so technically it's not a complete ripoff :P). By the way, the original macro you posted is kind of pointless since you made it with Havoc instead of Shadowburn, the extra untargeting/targeting is not necessary with Havoc itself.
    I definitely meant to put Shadowburn and not Havoc. I must've just had Havoc on the mind.

(I was mostly being facetious, but thanks for updating the post!)