Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think that the new Aoe deal isnt multidotting, but taking frost bomb and flamestrike AE/Blizz .
    People...blizz doesnt sucks. Take a look...
    AE does a good amount of dmg but we have to be in melee range. "so I'll just use blizzard". Ok blizzard is a chanelling spell that have some cost of mana... So in fights that we cant go melee range, for a lot of reasons like fire on the ground, mechanics or you need to be stacked with healer, use blizzard. In fights that you are interrupted, cant cast and stuff use AE..
    Also, we have some stats that scales with both spells. I guess that a lot of haste = blizz > AE, for instance... But, im not good on these maths and I'll let someone do it

Quote Originally Posted by Proakryt View Post
    Excuse me while I laugh for a minute...

Combustion is an amazing ability. If you think its weak you are doing it wrong.
    It is weak, the whole premise of combustion is based on your abality to build big ignites. If you do not have the gear to support the building of big ignites then combustion is weak which is the core of the issue for fire Mages. So unless your heroic geared with massive crits then combustion comes along and does some damage. In comparison if we look at say a warlock destruction chaos bolt hits like a truck no matter what you gear you in and doesn't need you to be building something on your target for you to do so. So I say again, combustion as a spell is weak.

Deleted
    On targets that can be frozen frost aoe is nothing to complain about, well tbh my guildies complain on me all the time for not giving them a chance.
    - Frost Bomb
    - Pop Frozen Orb
    -Time your pet freeze and a glyphed CoC with Frost Bomb explosion (You just did well over 500k dps since pull at this point)
    - Now with them buffs we can put up Flame Strike
    - Recast Frost Bomb
    - Fill in with an AE
    - Nova for bomb explosion
    - Then prio Frost Bomb > CoC > Flamestrike on CD > AE

It's a more complex rotation than any other class I've played for AoE, but we have the potential do do some real damage, also we can ofc use our FoF procs instead of AE as a filler, sort depending on number of targets I guess.

April 15th:
    - Living Bomb's periodic damage has been increased by 121%. Its explosion damage has been reduced by 78%, but now scales with additional periodic ticks added by haste, and hits all nearby targets (up from 3).
    - Flamestrike now deals 100% more initial damage. Periodic damage remains unchanged.
    - Arcane Explosion now deals 40% more damage.
    - Blizzard now deals 40% more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Craif View Post
    On targets that can be frozen frost aoe is nothing to complain about, well tbh my guildies complain on me all the time for not giving them a chance.
    - Frost Bomb
    - Pop Frozen Orb
    -Time your pet freeze and a glyphed CoC with Frost Bomb explosion (You just did well over 500k dps since pull at this point)
    - Now with them buffs we can put up Flame Strike
    - Recast Frost Bomb
    - Fill in with an AE
    - Nova for bomb explosion
    - Then prio Frost Bomb > CoC > Flamestrike on CD > AE

It's a more complex rotation than any other class I've played for AoE, but we have the potential do do some real damage, also we can ofc use our FoF procs instead of AE as a filler, sort depending on number of targets I guess.
    1. Frozen orb is a 1 minute CD
    2. Pet Freeze has a 25 second
    3. CoC requires us to be in Melee, 10 second CD
    4. Frost Nova has a 25 second CD, also requires ~melee range

This is not a "rotation" rather a chaining of CD's to provide great burst damage. I could make a similar argument about Fire with combustion spread but again that is not an AoE rotaion but a DPS CD that has AoE properties. Plus all this hinges on freezable targets/melee range to work; we should not have to rely on gimmicks for competitive dps. What you are saying is great damage and true but outside of trash it more often than not doesn't work like your post.
    Last edited by Proakryt; 2013-04-15 at 08:49 PM.

Im so glad that our AOE are being buffed... Also, it's a nice change in living bomb. The explosion is weaker but it affects EVERYONE on the range.. Thats so good! Aand it DOT has been buffed as well. So I think multidot living bomb and toss flamestrike and rock an AOE!!!

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 07:32 AM ----------

I was expecting that they would buff arcane. Idk, 5%? 10%? I know isnt enough but they need to remake arcane style until 5.4

to bad they just bufffed them with 40%. Wont NT spam be just as efficent as this now? or well Flamestrike + nt spam

Deleted
    The AoE buff is good. Really good. Finally some availability for Fire or Arcane to play Challenge Modes and not be forced to play Frost.... Thank God not only Frost has AoE now. Hate that spec in my guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    The AoE buff is good. Really good. Finally some availability for Fire or Arcane to play Challenge Modes and not be forced to play Frost.... Thank God not only Frost has AoE now. Hate that spec in my guts.
    Don't see how this changes anything for Fire in challenge modes.
    You would still be a hindrance to your group & foolish for playing Fire @ an 463ilvl - you simply Do Not have enough crit for it to be viable -post- Critical Mass nerfs.

Deleted
    Is the Frostbolt buff (191% SP) still on the PTR?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Is the Frostbolt buff (191% SP) still on the PTR?
    Yes. Don't tell them. I fully believe they don't know it was applied.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-04-16 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    What? Which buff? What are you talking about? What I´m talking about? :P - To be serious: I think it´s a buff to compensate poor scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    What? Which buff? What are you talking about? What I´m talking about? :P - To be serious: I think it´s a buff to compensate poor scaling.
    Very well may be. I was suggesting a Frostbolt scaling buff months ago to address Frost scaling in future patches. The thing is at this point, it is going to outpace all the instant casts pretty significantly. Would be interesting to see what this will do to relative DPET of Frost spells if this goes live.

Deleted
    On live a shatter Frostbolt >= FoF Ice Lance. With the buff a Frostbolt versus frozen targets will be clearly stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Living Bomb(PTR) - 119,265 over 12.24, and 11,926 explosion to unlimited targets

So with this information it seems as though the explosion is going to do 10% of the combined periodic damage.

Yeah !
    Unlimited targets, thanks god

Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Yeah !
    Unlimited targets, thanks god
    Unlimited targets that take a cool breeze to the face.

I'm not sure if AE alone is comparable to other classes AoE, but if not I'd propose this change for arcane ...

NT - Dot one target, when it hits another target then that target is dotted for 12 sec as well, just as if you cast it on the mob yourself. NT spreads in this manner BUT once the dot expires on any target the target becomes immune to NT for X seconds.

This would make arcane's AoE - NT once, AE, AE, AE, etc. Too powerful?? I do this on packs manually, it just takes so darn long to dot each mob though you lose a lot of dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Yes. Don't tell them. I fully believe they don't know it was applied.
    hey, it's just the same value that in live ...

Quote Originally Posted by Skidd View Post
    It is weak, the whole premise of combustion is based on your abality to build big ignites. If you do not have the gear to support the building of big ignites then combustion is weak which is the core of the issue for fire Mages. So unless your heroic geared with massive crits then combustion comes along and does some damage. In comparison if we look at say a warlock destruction chaos bolt hits like a truck no matter what you gear you in and doesn't need you to be building something on your target for you to do so. So I say again, combustion as a spell is weak.
    So going off that combustion was always weak, which you state in Cata it wasn't. Don't contradict yourself bro. On a more serious note yes the spell is weak but it is essentially free damage, Mirror Images is weak (do the math it sucks) but we still use it. If you do it correctly Combustion can still be a great spell, not as great as it used to be, duh, but still great. I have a 511 ilvl and around 37% crit (def not heroic geared) and I can still build some pretty monster combustions. Does it suck that we have to build it stupidly that is almost entirely RNG and limits the capabilities of your spell? Damn straight it does, but it's been like that for a while now, and if you can't use it effectively and think its weak then don't play the spec. To me it's part of what makes fire fun, building up that large ignite to combust on. I mean shit even if it's just a 60k ignite that's however much your instant goes out for (I've had some fun numbers with this with glyph) and then approx 30k per tick for however long. Not fantastic but it certainly adds up.

A weak spell is Focus Fire for BM hunters (or whatever its called) that if you use it appropriately its about a 200 dps gain and if you fuck it up its a huge dps loss. Thats a weak spell.
    Daft Punk Forever!