Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I would like it if they included Pyroblasts Dot-Effect into the normal damage.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

They should tooltip fix our dots, like pyro dot, ignite, flamestrike as well.. Dont know you guys, but sometimes my flamestrike dot appears as 1 dmg per x seconds.. Awkward :x

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    They should tooltip fix our dots, like pyro dot, ignite, flamestrike as well.. Dont know you guys, but sometimes my flamestrike dot appears as 1 dmg per x seconds.. Awkward :x
    The one on the target? Or in the spell's tooltip? Tooltips are usually what gets fixed, the debuffs seem to not scale. That said, my flamestrike says 19435 over 7.xx seconds...

Yeah sorry, thats the point

I would like a Minor Glyph of Alter Time that ommits the Location-Change after 6 seconds.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    I would like a Minor Glyph of Alter Time that ommits the Location-Change after 6 seconds.
    I actually enjoy that using AT requires SOME thought process behind it. Not just having it as a boring dps cooldown ( which it would be if that glyph existed )

No need to buff bad mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    I actually enjoy that using AT requires SOME thought process behind it. Not just having it as a boring dps cooldown ( which it would be if that glyph existed )

No need to buff bad mages.
    The Idea is an interesting one as you could use it situationaly. I would think that would be a nice use of a Major Glyph slot. Personally I love the movement of your person as you can use it to get out of so many things. *stares at wind phase on Iron Qon*

I think some of these are just a little over the top. Do they really think this is balancing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    I have a question about LB, next patch will it be worth taking LB over Nether Tempest or is LB acceptable now? I mean I use NT since most people I talk to say it's better.
    LB will by far and away be best single target bomb. NT will be used 2-5ish, then frost bomb takes over from there. The trick is figuring out how much of a fight is AOE and which bomb is for which fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    LB will by far and away be best single target bomb. NT will be used 2-5ish, then frost bomb takes over from there. The trick is figuring out how much of a fight is AOE and which bomb is for which fight.
    Actually, I calculate FB to be only 2% behind LB in single target and NT is around -18% but I prefer waiting for stabilised number before putting more time on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Actually, I calculate FB to be only 2% behind LB in single target and NT is around -18% but I prefer waiting for stabilised number before putting more time on it
    I'm to infer this is for frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    I'm to infer this is for frost?
    It's pure math so it's not spec specific and I prefer waiting for confirmation on the haste consolidation for LB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    I think that's a good number for frost bomb, actually. It allows us to go full out AOE when needed for say, H Megaera wyrms, and not completely gimp ourselves on single target.

I know it's your preliminary numbers, but I like where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    I think that's a good number for frost bomb, actually. It allows us to go full out AOE when needed for say, H Megaera wyrms, and not completely gimp ourselves on single target.

I know it's your preliminary numbers, but I like where this is going.
    I really like Frostbomb for frost because of the dependable BF procs. Completely agree about the benefit with on demand burst AoE on low HP mobs, its great for the Ball Lightning on Lei Shen too. It does suffer more lost up-time (# of casts) than the DoTs because of the refreshing mechanic on dots vs casting+CD for frost bomb. I rather enjoy having more choices for Mage Bomb so if they can balance LB well I welcome the change.

On another note why do all our spells have the same starting letters. I swear the devs like messing with us. IW can be incanters ward or ice ward. FB can be frostbolt or frostbomb. CS can be counterspell or coldsnap...ug
    Last edited by Proakryt; 2013-04-23 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not interested in changing how I play every f'in patch and hotfix.

Not using living bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidd View Post
    Or even better your arcane and attempt to use your arcane explosion spell, forgo the dotting and stand in melee range and spam, pull aggro for some obscure reason because blizzard think its a good idea to have AE high on the aggro generation list and then get one shorted because you are soft like tissue paper.
    There is no such thing as "AE high on the aggro generation list".

Without any modifiers (for example tanking stances or the old Blessing of Salvation), 1 point of damage generates one point of threat. Total threat points per unit is an attribute of the mob that is tracked by the game during the lifetime of the mob. Initial aggro is set by the first damaging attack or a player unit moving within the mob's aggro radius (which generates a small amount of social threat, I'm not sure of the exact value now but at one point it was 50 points).

Aggro pulls off of the current player unit that has aggro when another unit exceeds 110% of the aggroed unit's threat points within melee range and 130% outside of melee range.

The reason that you are perceiving Arcane Explosion as generating more aggro is because the 110% threshhold is easier to exceed than 130%.

Also to be nitpicky about it, there is no such thing as an "aggro generation list". "Aggro" is the phenomenon when the mob actually draws its attention to a unit, i.e. "having aggro". "Threat" is the numerical quantity that you have on account with the mob that results in "gaining aggro".

Deleted
    The LB buff is nice and everything, but rppm Trinkets and Meta Gem uptime is way higher with NT because of it´s insane tickrate (I assume). I play with Frost Bomb on Megaera heroic with Wusholaay and the Shado Pan Trinket (switched with Breah of the Hydra) and Wusholaays uptime decrease from approx 30% to 15%.

Same with Wushoolay and Breath of the Hydra with Living Bomb. Uptime decreases significantly (tested 2 times on Ji-Kun heroic). Yes, LB does maybe ~20% more damage on the PTR, but the exchange with trinket uptime isn´t worth it.

*Edit* Did somebody tested the influence from Ice Barrier to Wushoolay`s uptime?

I refer to "Wushoolay's Final Choice – 0.56 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful abilities and spells, and periodic spells. 22 sec ICD"
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-04-24 at 03:01 PM.

Damage/Absorb means you still get the proc even if the enemy is using Ice Barrier, not that you can get it from absorbing spells yourself

Deleted
    Ah thank you for clarification Imnick. So i´ll get a chance for a proc on a fight like Twins if a hit Ice Comet with Ice Lance cleave, too? Or "absorb" only?