Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Keep in mind that many of the specs that currently perform at around enhancement's level (feral, ret, ww, hunters) are also receiving buffs. We're not being buffed in a vacuum.
    Exactly. Its weird how no one else is getting such a negative reaction from their buff when they're all of a similar magnitude. I suspect people think the buff is much larger than it really is since its spread across four notes and uses big percentages. If it was just "Lightning Shield also now increases all damage by 10%" there would be a lot less of the "OMGMASSIVEBUFF" reaction... even though that's even more than what we're getting.

  2. #82
    Warchief Protoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Exactly. Its weird how no one else is getting such a negative reaction from their buff when they're all of a similar magnitude. I suspect people think the buff is much larger than it really is since its spread across four notes and uses big percentages. If it was just "Lightning Shield also now increases all damage by 10%" there would be a lot less of the "OMGMASSIVEBUFF" reaction... even though that's even more than what we're getting.
    I don't know why people are unhappy or saying its the wrong kinda buff.....its a great buff and boosting active abilities so they chose the right stuff to buff (although again I would have preferred to spread the buffs by shifting some of the damage increase from SS/LL and boosting ULE and shocks some more....tho I guess the MQ increase does help shocks). All those specs listed that got buffs have been underperforming and you can see them at the bottom of the charts on stuff like raidbots so those classes/specs needed to get a damage boost.

    Not sure how much more or less Enhance got buffed compared to those other classes though. Classes like ret and feral got a straight +%damage buff while ours is thru individual abilities...my guess is to keep our auto attack and stuff like imbues from doing too much damage. I would consider this a "massive buff" tho, cause its basically 20% more damage to SS, LL, and MQ (~18%).....thats pretty solid.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I don't know why people are unhappy or saying its the wrong kinda buff.....its a great buff and boosting active abilities so they chose the right stuff to buff (although again I would have preferred to spread the buffs by shifting some of the damage increase from SS/LL and boosting ULE and shocks some more....tho I guess the MQ increase does help shocks). All those specs listed that got buffs have been underperforming and you can see them at the bottom of the charts on stuff like raidbots so those classes/specs needed to get a damage boost.

    Not sure how much more or less Enhance got buffed compared to those other classes though. Classes like ret and feral got a straight +%damage buff while ours is thru individual abilities...my guess is to keep our auto attack and stuff like imbues from doing too much damage. I would consider this a "massive buff" tho, cause its basically 20% more damage to SS, LL, and MQ (~18%).....thats pretty solid.
    Overall, Purge is saying its ~10% increase. The Ret buff is 11-12%, Monks 6-7%, not sure about feral... but thats in line with GC's statement about Monk/Feral buff being a little smaller. Enhancement is going to look really nice on simcraft, but on raidbots a 10% increase would only bump us up to the mid tier for most fights and we're still pretty low on those involving heavy AE.

  4. #84
    Naturally I'm very happy with these buffs, I hope they stay in.

    However, could we get our AoE just looked at a little bit? It's ok, but it's clunky and the damage is pretty low in comparison to other classes. Personally what I'd like is a melee cleave that does really shit sgt damage but does more damage per enemy it hits, perhaps a frost cleave so we get the whole 'elements' vibe? They've done it with Ele's Lava beam, I don't see why they couldn't implement it here.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

  5. #85
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    321
    Why give it a 5yd range? If its on a 1min CD that means you can't redrop it. I think Searing and Magma totem are fine having no CD, they are one of the last few totems that you can always have up and can redrop with no CD......the problem is stuff like Searing Flames which depends on Searing Totem.
    Sorry that was a typo on my side what I mean to say was that searing totem a 5-Yard AoE redius not reduce its range to 5 yards. Again sorry for the confusion.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 10:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I don't know why people are unhappy or saying its the wrong kinda buff.....its a great buff and boosting active abilities so they chose the right stuff to buff (although again I would have preferred to spread the buffs by shifting some of the damage increase from SS/LL and boosting ULE and shocks some more....tho I guess the MQ increase does help shocks). All those specs listed that got buffs have been underperforming and you can see them at the bottom of the charts on stuff like raidbots so those classes/specs needed to get a damage boost.

    Not sure how much more or less Enhance got buffed compared to those other classes though. Classes like ret and feral got a straight +%damage buff while ours is thru individual abilities...my guess is to keep our auto attack and stuff like imbues from doing too much damage. I would consider this a "massive buff" tho, cause its basically 20% more damage to SS, LL, and MQ (~18%).....thats pretty solid.
    The promble is not the buffs themselves it's the fact we're not getting or don't know when we'll get buffs to our survivability and utility. While I' am damn happy to see Enhan finallly getting buffed, The fact is that your only solving problem out of a multitude of them. E.g The new LS glyph should be made baseline as now when 5.3 is going to be released, every shaman with half a brain get it ASAP among other isssues with alot of people have mentioned.Long story short, The buffs are good but there is still room for more improvement.
    Power never corrupts but it brings out ones true self. Think about that for a moment.

  6. #86
    The promble is not the buffs themselves it's the fact we're not getting or don't know when we'll get buffs to our survivability and utility.
    The MQ buff = 18% more SP = 18% bigger heals, combined with the recent 20% HR buff I think that's pretty big.

  7. #87
    I want elemental and enhancement dps output to be equal. Situations like 5.1. pve, in wich elemental spec was lagging far behind enhancement, should be avoided. Forcing shamans to swich between dps specs is totally unfair. It's not like we're pures, who can switch specs with one and the same gearset.

  8. #88
    Looks like enhancement ret could be some fun in 2's again.

  9. #89
    Field Marshal keqe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    75
    Would be awesome to have those go live.

  10. #90
    I think we need a seperate thread for pvp and pve, half of the comments overlap eachanother. As i said, i like the buffs, but these are only bandages on a deep injury. Pure dmg buffs wont make us popular anymore than now, since we still lack utility, we still die in a silence and we still bound heavly to ASD, then you get silenced, fear, stunned in that short duration, and there goes your only opening.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  11. #91
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I think we need a seperate thread for pvp and pve, half of the comments overlap eachanother. As i said, i like the buffs, but these are only bandages on a deep injury. Pure dmg buffs wont make us popular anymore than now, since we still lack utility, we still die in a silence and we still bound heavly to ASD, then you get silenced, fear, stunned in that short duration, and there goes your only opening.
    Dude that is exactly what I think about the current buffs Atm.
    Power never corrupts but it brings out ones true self. Think about that for a moment.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I think we need a seperate thread for pvp and pve, half of the comments overlap eachanother. As i said, i like the buffs, but these are only bandages on a deep injury. Pure dmg buffs wont make us popular anymore than now, since we still lack utility, we still die in a silence and we still bound heavly to ASD, then you get silenced, fear, stunned in that short duration, and there goes your only opening.
    i always felt like the only way to win the battle was to figure out how to survive all the burst/cc that everyone wallops you with and then burst it those 10 secs inbetween before they all reset again

  13. #93
    But how are you supposed to use all that damage inside of my kidney shot?

  14. #94
    I can't believe most of this has turned into a PvP discussion. I don't mind at all, but it shows how little Enhancement shaman is represented in the PvE aspect, Its almost to the point where you can't get proper feedback cos of the lack of players doing their content. I don't say I'm a top player, but yet I've gained plenty of Top 20 ranks in the 10man environment so far, without being bis geared going into 5.2.

    One thing they really need to get fixed before we'll be near the other classes is our AoE, it's too lackluster and clunky compared to other melee classes, change Magma totem or something worth while.

    I'm happy with the changes, just feel like they're neglecting the real issue.

    I hope they're reading what is on totemspot as there's some very valid concerns and sugggestions for "fix".

    Mynten.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebleCow View Post
    I can't believe most of this has turned into a PvP discussion. I don't mind at all, but it shows how little Enhancement shaman is represented in the PvE aspect, Its almost to the point where you can't get proper feedback cos of the lack of players doing their content. I don't say I'm a top player, but yet I've gained plenty of Top 20 ranks in the 10man environment so far, without being bis geared going into 5.2.

    One thing they really need to get fixed before we'll be near the other classes is our AoE, it's too lackluster and clunky compared to other melee classes, change Magma totem or something worth while.

    I'm happy with the changes, just feel like they're neglecting the real issue.

    I hope they're reading what is on totemspot as there's some very valid concerns and sugggestions for "fix".

    Mynten.
    I'd say it shows more how content enh in pve are. All you need in pve as enh is good damage and aoe damage. While single target apparently took a dip from great to still okay, aoe at least produces good numbers as long as targets stay alive long enough.

    Looking at pvp however, there's several dozen complains I could name.
    Enh may or may not be heavily represented in pve, I do not know. But it certainly isn't like that because of bad performance.

    In pvp however...

    My opinion is that a spec doing well in pvp is better than one doing well in pve only, simply because all the defs have to do is change a couple of numbers like they did here, and all is fine.
    This very thread shows how bland pve balance is. And looking at how that didn't save ele from being bottom of the barrel in pve shows just how much the devs care. That is not at all.

    Proof is their endless 10% totem health ping pong that goes bluepost => trash can.
    Proof is their endless blockheaded replies to the totem-silence nerf (If people still bother to post about it that much, maybe you should take the hint and take it as a bad idea?)

    Their treatment of totems I see as an overall treatment of shamans, because totems are what define us and if the single best action they ever performed in regards to totems were to remove buffs from totems, then that's telling a story.

    Apart from removed, merged and then removed, and nerfed totems, all that totems saw were the cheapening call of the xxx spells that were made obsolete with MoP, the buff-nerf to tremor totem and some new (but mostly easily disposed of crap) stuff with MoP (CPT and SBT (fail), HTT (not taken in pvp either) and SLT (not much of a dps cooldown in pvp either)).

    Totems in pvp in MoP, moreso than ever, are a synonym for weakness, and blizz likes to keep it that way, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    All you need in pve as enh is good damage and aoe damage.
    Not necessarily, our offhealing is awesome if used correctly.

  17. #97
    Feral Spirit's summoned Spirit Wolves are now immune to root and snare effects.

  18. #98
    Mechagnome Razecog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    Feral Spirit's summoned Spirit Wolves are now immune to root and snare effects.
    Yay for unstoppable wolves! <3
    Shaman Warrior Monk Rogue

    Stream
    When I feel earthquake, my hand automatically go to the dick. I stroke the dick and feel I have sex with the earth. All becoming calm.

  19. #99
    Mechagnome Aurokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    748
    I gotta say these buffs are quite awesome. Sort of worried that LS glyph becomes used by 99.9% of population in PVE & PVP.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    I gotta say these buffs are quite awesome. Sort of worried that LS glyph becomes used by 99.9% of population in PVE & PVP.
    About the new LS glyph change
    •New Glyph: Glyph of Lightning Shield causes Lightning Shield to reduce the amount of damage taken by 10% for 6 seconds after Lightning Shield is triggered
    does gaining charges from LB count as a LS trigger or is it only when we take dmg and LS is triggered in that way. Same question in regards to enh when they do dmg from LS when the mellee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •