Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    it basically feels like WOW TCG but without instant abilities, just straight up turn by turn without interaction possible during your opponent's turn etc...
    That's too bad, it was on of the most fun in the TCG. Looks fun though, but still...

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 06:32 PM ----------

    Also I feel like there is too much random abilities, like arcane missile or the warrior brawling thing. That does not add very well with the game being strategic at its core.

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Deathray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Coney Island
    Posts
    595
    Looks like loads of fun. :3
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

  3. #23
    sounds cool and all. but no offesive, but i think it's fake and by that fanmade. As one have said. Number 18 is just a pure joke. Before that there was things, i was like, naaah this is 70% not real, but No way they woud start a paragraf with "wanna know what is OP" But all in all sounds cool. Hope it is real, but if i had to, i would put my money on it being a fanmade information
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitypebble View Post
    I'm sorry man, but there's just no way to take this thread seriously at this point. You seem more interested in flexing your "look at me, I've got the inside scoop" muscles and bashing other forum posters than actually providing a meaningful venue for discussion about Hearthstone. Your posts are oozing with condescension and you attack anyone that questions you, your "source", or your information.

    Try posting without the "see, told ya so!" filling up 50% of the content in your posts, and you'll probably find a significantly more receptive audience.
    this ^^

    can we just re-close this?

  5. #25
    The Patient Ridethelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Weedland
    Posts
    232
    No reason to get people excited with alot of unconfirmed information.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-05-02 at 02:23 PM.

  6. #26
    Brewmaster Bristae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Posts
    1,263
    Why if someone has the inside scoop on something, do people attack them like a pack of rabid dogs? It's not impossible for this poster to have a friend who works at Blizzard. Blizzard doesn't exist in a fairy tale world unreachable by mortals. It's in Orange County, CA.. Hell of a lot of people live there. Blizzard Employee DO get to leave the campus and DO have lives outside of work...
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Bearfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Why if someone has the inside scoop on something, do people attack them like a pack of rabid dogs? It's not impossible for this poster to have a friend who works at Blizzard. Blizzard doesn't exist in a fairy tale world unreachable by mortals. It's in Orange County, CA.. Hell of a lot of people live there. Blizzard Employee DO get to leave the campus and DO have lives outside of work...
    It just seems unlikely to have such a big leak. Because people loose jobs over shit like this, since NDAs are certainly in place.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Why if someone has the inside scoop on something, do people attack them like a pack of rabid dogs? It's not impossible for this poster to have a friend who works at Blizzard. Blizzard doesn't exist in a fairy tale world unreachable by mortals. It's in Orange County, CA.. Hell of a lot of people live there. Blizzard Employee DO get to leave the campus and DO have lives outside of work...
    The negative reaction is more from the way in which the poster relayed the information than the information itself. The OP comes off as very arrogant and acting as though he's privileged in some way and we should be grateful to him. In reality, it's just some info which may or may not be true, that's an interesting read and nothing more.

  9. #29
    Hey Bristae, not seen you around since the Mists speculation days.

    Difference between what you did then (tell us you have a friend at Blizz, but there's things you can't tell us and things even you don't know) and the OP (telling us everything, including speculation that Blizz themselves are most likely not even sure about, and presenting it all as conclusive facts) is a world of difference in my mind.

    You presented things in a way that made me conclude that you were probably truthful, while the OP of this thread has made me think that any information he has/had was not gotten through a friend or stable informer, since he's rather reckless with the way he divulges info. You'd never risk your friend's job being as frank and open about what you know as the OP has been. I think most of us (like it was back in the Mists speculation days) would prefer not knowing stuff over some Blizzard employee losing their job because they leaked stuff.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Why if someone has the inside scoop on something, do people attack them like a pack of rabid dogs? It's not impossible for this poster to have a friend who works at Blizzard. Blizzard doesn't exist in a fairy tale world unreachable by mortals. It's in Orange County, CA.. Hell of a lot of people live there. Blizzard Employee DO get to leave the campus and DO have lives outside of work...
    Even if this guy's information was 100% true and actually came from a Blizz employee, who cares? And his attitude is really what's making it as others have pointed out.

  11. #31
    Hello again guys, sorry for not responding for so long, I've been too busy lately. Now I'll try again to explain myself, as I see your concerns. There is a TL;DR in the end of the post.

    First, to all the people accusing me of being arrogant - this is some serious miscommunication between us. You guys are reading my posts in a wrong way, as I never had any intention of sounding offensive to anyone. To be completely honest, I can't even see where the problem is - at least in my head, I perceive the posts I wrote as normal, nothing out of the ordinary, and I just can't see the bashing you are talking about. I suppose that maybe because the first post regarding me as aggressive described me with very strong words, everyone else just jumped on the bandwagon, I don't know. At least that's the first explanation I can give myself about the whole situation. On the other hand, if it's not you guys overreacting, then it must be something unintentional in my writing, leading you to believe I'm arrogant towards any of you. As I already mentioned, I'm not a native English speaker, so it could be because of my bad word choice after all. If that's really the case, then I admit a mistake on my part and I apologize if anyone felt offended by me. Written communication is harder to perceive without hearing the intended intonation, and thus what sounds alright to me, could come as negative to someone else. The only thing I can suggest is to re-read my posts in a different manner. Or if I really sound as that much of an asshole, you can point me out which parts sound aggressive (preferably in a personal message to not spam this thread further) and I will re-write or remove them, as I don't want my posts to be perceived as arrogant.

    Quote Originally Posted by fruitypebble View Post
    You seem more interested in flexing your "look at me, I've got the inside scoop" muscles and bashing other forum posters than actually providing a meaningful venue for discussion about Hearthstone.
    I absolutely didn't have any intentions like that. So far I've only tried to prove my information as legit, and to make people realize why their previous accuses on me are wrong (or at least sound improbable). And I was doing this with the only intention to make people discuss the material and not argue about trivial stuff. If there were people actually discussing the info, I wouldn't need to write anything else than the leaks. But since the thread derailed from the very start and since the accusations held people away from starting any proper discussions on it, I felt the need to defend my information and prove my legitimacy, as otherwise it would have gone to waste. I'm not here to attack anyone who questions me (as you say), I'm constantly saying I don't care if a part of the viewers do not believe it, that was expected anyway. My idea was that either perceived as legit or fake, the information opens up topics for discussion and as long as there were any discussions, I wouldn't bother with trivial arguing. Even now, people can still do something like this guy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma22 View Post
    The only part of this post that actually makes sense to me is the Noz portion. If those 15 seconds include animations then it may cause some issues. Personally, I'd like to see them turn this into a 'sudden death' type mode where animations suddenly move at 500% speed increase. Boom Boom Boom, end turn.
    He said he doesn't believe the info, but still commented on the part that provoked the most thoughts on him, and actually gave a very good suggestion of speeding up animations as a fix to the presented problem. I'd say that aside from my additional leaks, this is the only really relevant comment in the thread so far. I hope in the future I can expect useful posts - people can give their thoughts about the presented development plans and decisions, discuss the power of the strategies mentioned (or even create their decks around them), mention if they can correct or confirm something by seeing it in the PAX booth decks, ask me questions, respond if something was badly written and needs further explanation, etc. Or at least that's the intention I had, not to attack people.

    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Seriously here you just sound like the mass murderer from the movie "the Bone Collector" where he leaves out small clues for the police to follow.
    Whoa... I don't understand why my hints reminded you of a mass murderer, rather than anything else which involves hints (as in other movies, books, etc. ). Blizzard gives hints too, you know... I admit I like placing some clues here and there, or giving some info bits by bits and waiting for someone to bite on it, but I don't really regard it as that special, I did it because some of it could get the discussion started.

    Quote Originally Posted by rubieruben View Post
    No reason to get people excited with alot of unconfirmed information.
    This is why I posted the first leak a few hours before the next Fireside duel is released, and the video confirmed card info I gave to be true. And before the third Fireside duel I did the same again. I thought this is the absolute best way to prove having inside information, but as it wasn't convincing as much as I thought, I will stop focusing so much on that method. From now on I will just update card information, and as the beta approaches, you will see in the near future if such cards exist. I'll just wait patiently for the info to get further confirmation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearfist View Post
    It just seems unlikely to have such a big leak. Because people loose jobs over shit like this, since NDAs are certainly in place.
    The second sentence - absolutely. That's why some measures were taken beforehand in regards to this. Also, this is why some other big pieces of information can't be included in a leak, as showing knowledge of them would severely limit the number of employees exposed to it, thus increasing chances to find who could have leaked it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Your game understanding is still waaay off. The best a druid can manage to have during his 3'rd turn is 8 mana with only 4 of them being mana crystals. Or he can have 7 mana with all 7 being mana crystals. There is no way you can have the 9 mana for a dragon aspect in turn 3.
    I can't understand what you are trying to say, so I suggest you to read the whole idea (fixed) again and then explain better what you don't agree with:

    Enemy turn - 1 mana.
    Your turn - 5 cards in hand, 1 mana crystal. Innervate, Innervate, Nourish, Wild Growth. 1 card in hand left, 0/4 mana.
    Enemy turn - 2 mana.
    Your turn - You draw your 6th card and get +1 mana. 2 cards in hand, 5 mana crystals. Nourish, Wild Growth. No cards in hand, 0/8 mana.
    Enemy turn - 3 mana.
    Your turn - You draw your 7th card and get +1 mana. 1 card in hand, 9 mana crystals. Summon Alexstrasza.

    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    You won't find any Hearthstone database that wants to include the cards you mentioned
    Nope, actually fr0d0b0ls0n's database included my first batch of card leaks really fast (under the label of "Untrusted Source Info"). Still hasn't updated it with the second batch though, which I would recommend doing so. I will update the card leaks soon, so I encourage all databases to include the latest info after that update.



    Now to the upcoming update itself. Because I rushed the first two leak posts to be sure they'll come out just in time, some parts turned out not understandable enough. If I give leaks for a third time in a separate post, the whole thing will become even more of a mess, so I'll start updating the original post very soon. I'll update the old information with any changes to it, clear mistakes, remove unnecessary parts, do some new explanations and even format the text nicely. I hope this way readers will have a much easier time going through the whole thing.

    Also, I don't know if any of you noticed, but I already updated the leaked cards in the original post just when the Live Fireside Duels started. It also contained some new information in it, and minutes later it was indeed shown in the duels. Probably no one had much use of the info just a couple of minutes before they officially appear in the duels (if anyone actually noticed in those first minutes that I sneakily updated the post ), but I'm fine with that as I leak card info just to use it as a proof of other leaks. You still have a little more time to see the date of the last edit on the original post to prove yourselves that the updated information came before the duels and is in fact legitimate card info given before Blizzard officially shows it.

    TL;DR - I'm not an asshole as some thought and I want to get along with the community; Also - see card leak changes in the original post and expect further updates on it.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by yTie4D View Post
    So far I've only tried to prove my information as legit...
    That's a big reason why you're coming off poorly. Nobody likes a "leak" that aggressively defends themselves and their information, it comes off as desperate, and you have no reason to be desperate if your source is legitimate. Not to mention, it's impossible to "prove" a leak, not without potentially compromising the source. Put the info out there, and if it's legitimate, the truth will come out on it's own given time and credit will go where it's due.

    That said, this thread seems pretty unnecessary now that Hearthpwn's database is seeing more widespread use. I'd suggest we go ahead and shut this down, as it's not really serving it's intended purpose anymore.
    Last edited by fruitypebble; 2013-05-25 at 02:46 AM.

  13. #33
    hey. true, false, douche baggy or non douche baggy ty for the info

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •