Deleted

Ret paladin comps 2vs2?

Hi! I have looked around on the forum and all tell me different things. Some say RET+UNHOLYDK is really good and other say RET+HUNTER.

My question is what you think about the comp that i run now.

RET+UNHOLY DK (CURRENT)

RET+BOOMKIN (We can also choose this)

Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adraria View Post
    Hi! I have looked around on the forum and all tell me different things. Some say RET+UNHOLYDK is really good and other say RET+HUNTER.

My question is what you think about the comp that i run now.

RET+UNHOLY DK (CURRENT)

RET+BOOMKIN (We can also choose this)

Any thoughts?
    Run with what ever class you enjoy playing with. Depends what rating your playing at, but if your only interested in points cap you can run with anything.

I'm currently playing Ret + BM, because I enjoy the comp. Ret + rogue, Ret + mage, there all decent.

I played some Ret + UHDK and found that it wasnt that good

I'm currently running Ret / WW at 1800 at the moment.

2's is pretty unbalanced and not the most friendly to Ret Paladins.

Deleted
    Ret palla rogue was pretty neat in cata. Only thing hateful were pala healer comps.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret/Rogue is pretty nasty. Ret Shadow is pretty durable right now, and Ret Mage can set up kills pretty damn well with Deep and Ret CD's.

I would say the UH DK is better than the Boom for 2's, though.

ret/priest, ret/rogue, ret/hunter, all good.

Deleted
    Ret Spriest/Ret WW I think

Really anything can work in 2s. I am playing ret/rsham which seems to work OK. First week we went 19-1, next week we went 7-6 (2 draws so 7-4). We haven't used any voice communication, so I think it would do quite well if we actually spoke and coordinated.

Ret seems very strong right now with off healing being buffed so much. I'm more interested in 3v3 comps with ret. Any partner with a slow and a legit CC would be a good DPS counterpart, then a healer with non-DR cc. Maybe Ret/Rogue/Disc or Ret/Mage/Resto sham/druid. Ret/DK/any healer probably works.

Deleted
    ret/hunter, ret/rogue, ret/frost dk, ret/frost mage
    Pretty much everything you can burst hard with and still have some control over your enemies. Ret comps born in cata usually still work.

I have an opinion of a class that goes well with retri, but it's not always the most popular, running with a warrior in 2v2s let me win nearly almost every battle, if you get the right burst combos at the right time you can easily pile the pressure on any combo, the burst from a warrior and paladin combined with all CDs popped renders them unable to even think.

Saying that, you don't have a lot of control, I mean you have your basic stuns/slows but other than that, the lack of range can be a problem, especially if you come up against fear-heavy opponents like SP/Lock.

All seriousness Ret/FDK if you wanna run melee and own. Just hope you don't face a holy pally. as far as viable dbl melee comps. Ret/Rogue Scooby Doo cleave is probably pretty strong right now considering rogues got HUGE buffs. other than that Ret/Spriest is really good Ret/FMage is OK. Best Two's comp is honestly Ret/BM. Unreal Burst insane CC only from hunter and utility from the pally makes it a hard comp to counter and easier than normal to win with