Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Insight change?

"Holy Insight now increases your mana pool by 300%, down from 400%."

So does this mean I'll have 225k mana instead of 300k while raiding?
    Last edited by Gravitor; 2013-04-12 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravitor View Post
    "Holy Insight now increases your mana pool by 300%, down from 400%."

So does this mean I'll have 225k mana instead of 300k while raiding?
    No it means you'll have 240k mana...60k base plus 300%

Deleted
    Maybe it means Ret/Prot Pallies are getting 100k base mana? Same for Enhancement I guess.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Maybe it means Ret/Prot Pallies are getting 100k base mana? Same for Enhancement I guess.
    I'd hope so, but I doubt it. I think this is blizzard trying to nerf sustained burst healing while making regen stats more attractive at the same time. Rather lame change 2bh, kinda puts me off playing my pally but will wait and see how it pans out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    I'd hope so, but I doubt it. I think this is blizzard trying to nerf sustained burst healing while making regen stats more attractive at the same time. Rather lame change 2bh, kinda puts me off playing my pally but will wait and see how it pans out.
    While ignoring MWs/Priests and Druids? Seems unlikely. Arguably can understand a nerf to Holy Paladins, but Resto Shaman? No way.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    While ignoring MWs/Priests and Druids? Seems unlikely. Arguably can understand a nerf to Holy Paladins, but Resto Shaman? No way.
    Yeah just looked at that as well, seems quite weird. Why would ret/enhance need a larger mana pool to start with :/ And if that were the case why not give ferals a larger base mana pool and give druids the same treatment?
    Last edited by Splatter; 2013-04-12 at 04:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Yeah just looked at that as well, seems quite weird. Why would ret/enhance need a larger mana pool to start with :/ And if that were the case why not give ferals a larger base mana pool and give druids the same treatment?
    Help out in arena? Gives them more mana to throw heals outside of Maelstrom Weapon or Sefless Healer?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I really hope you are right. Time to play the waiting game I guess, or download the PTR.

Going to agree with others. This is likely just the enhancement shamans and ret pallies going to 100k base mana. It makes very little sense to give every healer a different base mana pool amount. Considering that it also happened to elemental as well, I doubt it was done to be a healer nurf.

Nurfing shamans at all would be stupid, and paladins should be fixed in other ways.

Deleted
    I think every mana user with the previous 300k have been set back to 240k and the melee's will stay at 60k.
    Just remember every spell is a % based on base mana, aka it won't affect you in any way, except you bar will be smaller numberwise.

The only thing I see changing is items like mana pots and Water Spirits which returns 30k mana and not a %base mana like our talents does.
    Last edited by mmoc4d5eb10046; 2013-04-12 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhinaz View Post
    Just remember every spell is a % based on base mana, aka it won't affect you in any way, except you bar will be smaller numberwise.
    Wrong. Spells are % of "base mana", not % of "base mana which is increased by 300%/400%". Otherwise Ret would be able to cast as many Flash of Lights as Holy before being OOM.

Deleted
    Ah of course, my bad. So every healer just got nerfed in both PvP and PvE?

Not every healer, Priests have 300k mana independent of their spec. Don't know about Monks.
    Unless they really increase the base mana of all hybrid healers to 75k. I'd wait for anything official on it.
    Last edited by cremor; 2013-04-12 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Fixed numbers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    all Paladins
    All mana using hybrid healer classes, it's not just us :P

Correct, fixed. Also added the note about Priests to my previous post.

Deleted
    That's unlikely a change for the healer, they're is actually no reason to nerf the mana for healer, most healing class still use spirit gem in every slot. Seems more like a buff for hybrid class with an increase to their mana pool to 75k who could come soon (and not 100k, 75 k + 300% of 75 k = 4 x 75 = 300k).

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    Not every healer, Priests have 300k mana independent of their spec. Don't know about Monks.
    Unless they really increase the base mana of all hybrid healers to 100k. I'd wait for anything official on it.
    I think they are changing it to 100K base.

Let's take a look at the patch notes.
    All healer that has a base mana of 75K(i.e. druid, pally, shammy) is affected.
    Those with 300K base(monk, priest) are not affected

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    I think they are changing it to 100K base.

Let's take a look at the patch notes.
    All healer that has a base mana of 75K(i.e. druid, pally, shammy) is affected.
    Those with 300K base(monk, priest) are not affected
    Then spells for Paladins, Druids and Shamans will just end up costing alot more. I dont see any logic in this chance, as its written.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizzler View Post
    Then spells for Paladins, Druids and Shamans will just end up costing alot more. I dont see any logic in this chance, as its written.
    Probably they nerf mana costs. I don't know. we'll see when the patch hits PTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    Probably they nerf mana costs. I don't know. we'll see when the patch hits PTR.
    We'll see. I dont understand it regardless.