Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well with the Buff to Resillience and offhealing it will be way harder to kill someone now. Classes with mediocre damage out of their cooldowns (ret, feral) will have it quite hard to put some pressure on someone outside of CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

I honestly don't agree with all these posts about maintaining SR that difficult. We maintain 2 bleeds and a buff that is important for our damage. If we look back at Cata Feral, the rotation was LOL-FB at 65% to maintain Rip 100%. The rotation was simple and looking bact at it, very boring. The only reason I can see any feral dropping Rip/SR too much is because they're going straight for FB instead of properly managing bleeds.

I understand people feeling completely overwhelmed by DoC, heck I was too when I made the transition to after NV was nerfed but I'm happy that I did. It's made me enjoy feral more now than before. Yes, managing your dots with casting HT during PS procs was bulky at first but I really think finding the comfortable keybinds for feral when playing DoC makes it worthwhile.

As for the SR buff, with all the other classes getting buffed, I think its fair that we get a buff as well.

Keeping SR up on a boss is child's play. Keeping it up on adds that die in 1-2 hits is both problematic and a huge dps, in addtion bleed damage is almost useless. Also requiring Symbiosis to have a Rogue or Warlock in the party was a bad decision. If you are Feral and have a Rogue in your 10man you are in the wrong guild. Hopefully you will have a Lock since they have been consistently OP for years but I still think it was terrible design. Not to mention it meant Feral got absolutely nothing new to play with while leveling from 85 to 90.

In any event I hope the current fix goes though. It goes mean SR will be incredibly important but it's a fairly accurate fix. Buffing individual abilities would be the wrong fix.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I'd rather they totally revamped/reworked Savage Roar mechanic. It's clunky and pointless in my opinion. We could use a different damaging finisher, for once I'll like to have an ability such as hunters' Lynx Rush that causes their pet to jump between targets and apply bleeds, somewhat like rogues' Killing Spree, but weaker and with no cooldown, just based on combo points. That would be really awesome in AoE and cleaves, as our cleave damage is quite low, well, we actually can't cleave at all.

Or a different finisher... Blizzard can imagine lots of ideas more useful and less clunky than current Savage Roar, Inquisition, etc...

Now we will be 40% weaker than everybody else when we're not buffed with Savage Roar... sigh
    I was thinking of an alternative to savage roar that lets say all auto attacks hit up to 3 targets, then we Gerald cab choose between cleave or single target or aoe dmg
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronic1 View Post
    I honestly don't agree with all these posts about maintaining SR that difficult. We maintain 2 bleeds and a buff that is important for our damage. If we look back at Cata Feral, the rotation was LOL-FB at 65% to maintain Rip 100%. The rotation was simple and looking bact at it, very boring. The only reason I can see any feral dropping Rip/SR too much is because they're going straight for FB instead of properly managing bleeds.
    As was said before, nobody said it was hard, at all. It's mostly got to do with the FEEL (which is subjective btw). Using your combo points to keep up a mandatory buff just doesn't feel as fun for some people compared to using them for flat damage, it's like shadow priests having to hard cast shadowform every 30-40 seconds, although not that bad. For single target it isn't a problem but it gets quite annoying when you have to do a lot of target switching especially this tier. I suppose the important thing is that feral remains competitive in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    I was thinking of an alternative to savage roar that lets say all auto attacks hit up to 3 targets, then we Gerald cab choose between cleave or single target or aoe dmg
    Your idea is ok, but I really think Lynx Rush (or whatever feral name that fits better) is the ability Feral needs for many reasons: it fits the class and spec theme, we lack a proper cleave for 2-3 targets (Thrash and Swipe are for multiple targets, and I don't really think we need both, tbh). It should be a finisher, the more combo points the more targets you'll jump to and apply a bleed (Rake maybe?, Pounce bleed effect perhaps? ), which would be the perfect finisher in AoE as well...

To Savage Roar defenders: it's not that SR is hard to keep, it isn't, but it's just a flat damage increase finisher, really boring and away from the idea Blizzard had in mind when they did the talent trees rework "avoid +%dmg abilities and talents". When you use it you just hear your cat form roar (more like a cat being crushed by a car than a lion/panther roaring, btw), and nothing else happens. Because of the way it works, Feral is forced to use a certain glyph, which is also away from the idea Blizzard had of glyphs not being a must for certain specs/classes; I have a warlock with both specs as Destro and I use completely different glyphs, but on my two feral specs Savage Roar one is the must.

In addition to all of this, Savage Roar mechanic is clunky, making Ferocious Bite almost impossible to use before 25% health. I'd rather be able to use FB any time and have fun watching those big numbers than use it only in the execute phase to refresh Rip. We already have an ability that increases our damage by a percentage, Tiger's Fury, and it's fun because it has a cooldown, increases our energy and you have to time it properly to maximize your damage, or properly land a killing blow in PvP, SR on the other hand is a boring must-keep.

Furthermore, Blizzard somehow decided that forcing you to only pay attention to trackers, buffs and debuffs and never be able to pay attention to the encounters is the fun way to play a Feral when they designed Dream of Cenarius. Good news: it isn't fun at all. It's not that I want feral rotation to be dumb down, but it feels again like back in ICC where you spent 99% of the boss fight staring at your buffs and debuffs and not enjoying the fight and mechanics at all.

To get the most out of DoC you must spend the 2 charges into Rake and Rip. To employ the charges in Rip you must generate 4 combo points and have TF ready, then Healing Touch before the former buff expires, use TF->Rake->Rip. And never ever letting SR drop... In top of that, Feral is perma energy starved and OoC likes to troll and only proc when you've already dropped a buff/debuff or when your energy is full.

So seriously, either SR or DoC must be reworked. I prefer SR because at least DoC is an interesting mechanic, clunky, but you must think while using it, SR on the other hand is a nobrainer.

(sorry about the big text XD)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidums View Post
    Surely thats just you not being very good at feral?

I don't know why everyone is complaining about this buff really... Feral is already a strong PVE class, our Bleed cleave is very strong and our single target is amazing....
    Not really, try playing any of the classes i pointed out in higher arena and compare to feral. Its a massive pita to use doc + SR while everything else is going on. Its like making a square wheel, might work but its damn clunky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidums View Post
    Feral is already a strong PVE class, our Bleed cleave is very strong and our single target is amazing....
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Not really, try playing any of the classes i pointed out in higher arena and compare to feral.
    It's okay to argue but argue same subject :-)

The buff is welcomed and will bring ferals closer top 5 DPS which makes it imo not really a big deal, Skilled feral druids will be showing great results with the buff. In PvP it will bring our burst closer to what it was and we'll have better sustain damage but i can't say that we will be OP in any of the aspects really.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2013-04-14 at 03:33 PM.

This is a very welcomed buff, maintaining SR is not an issue at all, if u feel its a stupid mechanic then maybe u r playing the wrong spec. The beauty and fun aspect of ferals is that they r complicated and hard to master which makes it challenging. Been playing DoC in all fights from the start of MoP and sometime switching to HotW. I prefer DoC because its interesting and thankfully its the best spec when it comes to numbers, and who doesnt want a free heal every PS proc anyways?

Dont hate on buffs fellow kittys, the rogues are doing that for us.
    Gorelaz *猩猩

well this is a good buff in PvE , not bad (but not rly helpfull in pvp) but the thing wich make me unsure about this is - they way they giving us dps boost , feral have awfull scaling from secondary stats as haste crit mastery , and blizz should change something with this , but they just give the "bone for the dog" will see ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pltr View Post
    it's not 10% damage buff, it's +10% to savage roar, which translates to about 7.7% overall damage buff.
    Savage Roar buffs all physical damage, what damage do ferals do that isn't physical? Sounds like a straight up 10% buff to me considering keeping up SR is cake so it shouldn't drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pltr View Post
    it's not 10% damage buff, it's +10% to savage roar, which translates to about 7.7% overall damage buff.
    Uhm...? Wat. The only thing it doesn't buff is the on-use effect of HotW. EDIT: I stand corrected. I am disappointed with my brain.
    It will be nice to know how HotW maths out on mass AoE compared to cat trash, bear trash, swipe.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-04-16 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Savage Roar buffs all physical damage, what damage do ferals do that isn't physical? Sounds like a straight up 10% buff to me considering keeping up SR is cake so it shouldn't drop.
    It's a 7.7% buff because 1.4/1.3 = 1.077 (roughly)

It's 7.69 * SR uptime.

When are they adding this buff? Is it in 5.3 or earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalaa View Post
    When are they adding this buff? Is it in 5.3 or earlier?
    5.3 if it makes the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by cola41 View Post
    To all ferals who say burst outside of incarnation you guys are dead wrong we have a 30 sec burst cd all you have to learn to do is energy pool. simply pool energy to 80ish shred twice tigers fury shred more and ravage when low on energy and ferocious bite pretty simple

PS save your free ravage for every tigers fury
    FB hits like a wet noodle on targets that are not priests and mages.

yes, please buff one of the top melee specs even more...

Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    yes, please buff one of the top melee specs even more...
    Hardly, this is a needed buff.
    Last edited by Kojo; 2013-04-17 at 06:23 AM.