Unerring Vision of Lei-shen (shadow)

so, I've recently been reading how this trinket is god for shadowpriests.

However, with our 2pc and with our added apparitions from our 4pc, wouldn't the apparitions just dynamically update our dots?
    Meaning that we don't get full dot durations of non-stop crits?

One of my friends linked this to me: Since 100% crit SW:P and VT that never need to be refreshed is a wee bit too strong, we’re building in a failsafe. We’re fine with you getting a normal SW:P/VT duration of all crits, but not forever. When Shadowy Apparition extends SW:P and VT, and that DoT has already lasted longer than its normal duration, it will recalculate its crit chance.

I'm not sure where its from, so i can't quote it.

But assuming that you re-DoT when the trinket proc happens, it would take 2-3 apparitions to trigger no crits, before they're above the original normal duration?

I just don't know :/

Apparitions don't trigger the no crit. They don't refresh your dots, they extend them. Same way Festering strike forks for DK's. So the 100% crit remains on your dots for as long as their original duration per cast is.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Apparitions don't trigger the no crit. They don't refresh your dots, they extend them. Same way Festering strike forks for DK's. So the 100% crit remains on your dots for as long as their original duration per cast is.
    Does it apply to intellect procs, too ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I think as mentioned in the OP there was a blue post (or tweet?) mentioning that they adjusted this specific mechanic so it didn't become an infinite loop of apparitions always proccing and extending.
    As mentioned the 100% crit will only last for the normal duration of the dot, the dot will lose the extra crit after that number of ticks if it's been extended by apparitions).

So if your normal dot ticks 8 times. The first 8 ticks will be 100% crit, any further ticks from being extended by appritions will be updated to what your crit chance is(was) when it was extended.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I think as mentioned in the OP there was a blue post (or tweet?) mentioning that they adjusted this specific mechanic so it didn't become an infinite loop of apparitions always proccing and extending.
    As mentioned the 100% crit will only last for the normal duration of the dot, the dot will lose the extra crit after that number of ticks if it's been extended by apparitions).

So if your normal dot ticks 8 times. The first 8 ticks will be 100% crit, any further ticks from being extended by appritions will be updated to what your crit chance is(was) when it was extended.
    This. It doesn't take 2-3 apparitions for it to no longer trigger crits. You will get 8 (8085 breakpoint) sw crits if you cast sw while the buff is active. You're also likely to have the DoT extended for a little while with the 2pc, but that extra time will have the DoT at your normal crit values.

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Does it apply to intellect procs, too ?
    Unfortunately I don't have it, so I don't know. There seems to be a consensus that it is updating haste procs (for better or worse) every time apparitions hit the dot. I hope to be able to test int/sp procs myself soon. I'd assume they stay on the dot, since the blue post specifically singled out crit rather than stating that all stats will be recalculated.
    Last edited by Mctriple; 2013-04-12 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    this trinket gave me a huge dps increase... looking at 20-30k... ofc its very proc depending... sometimes it will proc 10 times, sometimes it will just proc once during the raid encounter... its really just luck, but if it procs, u´ll will notice it :P... atm at 2 piece, the 4 piece surely will gimme some more apparitions so it can just get better.. just remember going fpr mastery after haste with the trinket as mastery fucks crit with it

Hey, quick question about the trinket as well since there's a thread for it.

If DP is up and I'm specced for MF:I, and this trinket procs, do I use it on MF:I or spend a GCD on SW:P? Basically, do I always cast SW:P with the trinket's proc up regardless of what I'm doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Hey, quick question about the trinket as well since there's a thread for it.

If DP is up and I'm specced for MF:I, and this trinket procs, do I use it on MF:I or spend a GCD on SW:P? Basically, do I always cast SW:P with the trinket's proc up regardless of what I'm doing?
    If you have 2pc, when the trinket procs you prio SW:P over everything.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years