Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    THIS!!!! ^^ A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Mages are not going to be able to face roll Ret, Mages will QQ on the forum, and that ..... a-hole Ghostcrawler will insta revert the Ret buff.

    OR! Somewhere, somehow a Ret Paladin might top the DPS meters for a whole second in a raid. Then the nerf will come.
    They won't revert that change. Ret is doing that bad right now. The only other spec of note that's doing worse is Enhance and they're also getting buffs.

  2. #42
    How come Enh is worse?
    I see Enh 3rd melee class overall in DPS, just behind WW and Feral?
    I am a menace to my own destiny.


    just roll a warrior. instead of crying about the imbalance - be the imbalance.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    How come Enh is worse?
    I see Enh 3rd melee class overall in DPS, just behind WW and Feral?
    In sims? Because sims aren't as accurate as the real deal

  4. #44
    wait , isnt hammer of wrath attack based on weapon dmg , and the dmg scale with the weapon dmg??

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    wait , isnt hammer of wrath attack based on weapon dmg , and the dmg scale with the weapon dmg??
    Nah, last time we went over this someone proved HoW is included.

  6. #46
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @avalithvanguard Unholy is doing great right now IMO. Ret was average on some fights, low on others, and didn't have a good fight to shine.

    wow never thought i would see GC saying that about Ret o0

  7. #47
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    wait , isnt hammer of wrath attack based on weapon dmg , and the dmg scale with the weapon dmg??
    It's not weapon damage, it's purely attack power.
    Hurls a magical hammer that strikes an enemy for 134 to 147 (+ 161% of SpellPower) Holy damage and generates a charge of Holy Power.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    THIS!!!! ^^ A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Mages are not going to be able to face roll Ret, Mages will QQ on the forum, and that ..... a-hole Ghostcrawler will insta revert the Ret buff.

    OR! Somewhere, somehow a Ret Paladin might top the DPS meters for a whole second in a raid. Then the nerf will come.
    Considering most real progression guilds dont even use Ret lol, i dont think there will be any worry, and if you look at raidbot, ret is near the bottom in almost all of them, so thinking that this buff is going to take you from bottom to near the top like fire mages, reality?

  9. #49
    I am pretty happy about this. It should go a long way to making our sustained damage pretty decent.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    How really STRONG will this buff be?
    Can someone show me an example?


    Cheerszzz!
    I'd estimate it at a 10% or so dps increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  11. #51
    Reduce guardian to 10% strength every 2 minutes for a better line up with AW and buff SoL another 10%

    Divine Protection should be changed to castable while cc'd and remove stun/fear effects

    Major glyph turn evil is now baseline

    Aura Mastery now removes silence

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaManHester View Post
    Reduce guardian to 10% strength every 2 minutes for a better line up with AW and buff SoL another 10%

    Divine Protection should be changed to castable while cc'd and remove stun/fear effects

    Major glyph turn evil is now baseline

    Aura Mastery now removes silence
    I agree with almost all of this. But personally I would rather see the Guardian change. Instead of doing its own damage and giving up to 20% more Str, I think it should turn you into the Guardian increasing your damage by 10% and making all the damage you do Holy for 20 seconds.

  13. #53
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I agree with almost all of this. But personally I would rather see the Guardian change. Instead of doing its own damage and giving up to 20% more Str, I think it should turn you into the Guardian increasing your damage by 10% and making all the damage you do Holy for 20 seconds.
    I can't stand CDs that turn you in to something else.
    It's essentially telling the enemy team to CC you.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I can't stand CDs that turn you in to something else.
    It's essentially telling the enemy team to CC you.
    Anyone who knows how to play will know when you use your cd's regardless of how you look. To be honest though, I would rather the damage of the Guardian be put into sustained.

  15. #55
    Warchief Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    2,167
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Anyone who knows how to play will know when you use your cd's regardless of how you look. To be honest though, I would rather the damage of the Guardian be put into sustained.
    I prefer that they reduce the guardian cd to 2 mins instead of 5 mins and reduce the dmg buff to 10%. By doing that it will also benefits retri inside challenge mode gold run because the way it's at the moment you can only barely use the guardian twice or maybe once in a single gold challenge mode.

  16. #56
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Anyone who knows how to play will know when you use your cd's regardless of how you look. To be honest though, I would rather the damage of the Guardian be put into sustained.
    There's plenty of CDs that don't have huge visuals.

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sowf Wails
    Posts
    4,142
    I'm happy for you all. I went Prot this expansion because given the option and with Ret being a waste of a spot, why not?

    But hey, you only had to wait more than halfway into it for the buffs everyone's been asking for eh?

    Next beta, make sure to beat GC about the head with this + the Cata debacle as much as possible and maybe, just *maybe* you'll be in the right spot third time lucky...

  18. #58
    Blademaster Filfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    45
    Confirmed considerable buffs for Ret and Enh on GC's twitter, as a ret since late BC, I can not wait I'm normally top 3 DPS in my 25m Raid group, so I would say ret is already in a good spot :/

    Although, I am waiting for a burst nerf sadly...
    Last edited by Filfa; 2013-04-14 at 08:19 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by filfa View Post
    Confirmed considerable buffs for Ret and Enh on GC's twitter, as a ret since late BC, I can not wait I'm normally top 3 DPS in my 25m Raid group, so I would say ret is already in a good spot :/

    Although, I am waiting for a burst nerf sadly...
    No, and no. You're top 3 because your other DPS need to step it up, and we're already outdone on burst by Assassination even with this buff anyway.

  20. #60
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    No, and no. You're top 3 because your other DPS need to step it up, and we're already outdone on burst by Assassination even with this buff anyway.
    Assassination has such insane burst.
    I really hope that 15% extra damage will make us competitive.
    I'm not positive it's what we need from a PvP perspective, but I guess it will help make us have the ability to kill healers for once in 4 years +.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •