Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    As an american, its heavily in my interest that the UKIP party never gains power. They would actually help turn the UK around. The only thing keeping the US barely float is the fact that radical leftist liberals control Europe, and they are screwing up the region so badly that its driving investment dollars to the United States.

The UKIP actually sound competent and capable. If they got in, the UK would probably turn pro business and start drawing critical investment capital away from the US.

Nothing personal, it would just mean worse times for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    As an american, its heavily in my interest that the UKIP party never gains power. They would actually help turn the UK around. The only thing keeping the US barely float is the fact that radical leftist liberals control Europe, and they are screwing up the region so badly that its driving investment dollars to the United States.

The UKIP actually sound competent and capable. If they got in, the UK would probably turn pro business and start drawing critical investment capital away from the US.

Actually the US is just engaging in repeatign the boom and bust cycle. the EU is trying to break the repitition of this and achieve sustainable growth and a stable economy....

What was it? Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.....we've all tried the continual growth thing. its inevitable conclusion is boom and bust, but feel free for the US to try it a few more times until they catch on...

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Actually the US is just engaging in repeatign the boom and bust cycle. the EU is trying to break the repitition of this and achieve sustainable growth and a stable economy....

What was it? Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.....we've all tried the continual growth thing. its inevitable conclusion is boom and bust, but feel free for the US to try it a few more times until they catch on...
    I'm not going to defend my country's actions. What our government is doing is stupid, too. Obama's a complete idiot and anyone with any business sense knows it. Obama ginning up class warfare and an anti-business climate does no American any favors. It would just make it worse if the UK put the UKIP in power and went pro-business.

Deleted
    I'm not going to defend my country's actions. What our government is doing is stupid, too. Obama's a complete idiot and anyone with any business sense knows it. Obama ginning up class warfare and an anti-business climate does no American any favors. It would just make it worse if the UK put the UKIP in power and went pro-business.

Oh the UK is beign totally retarded. cameron and Osbourne just dont have a clue. They seam to be clinging to an economic strategy that does not work, and has been shown not to work. We dont want to go to the other extreme, which has its own issues, but we need to eb more flexible.

The problem with UKIP...well there are many, but the one relevant to this is that they have no economic policies, not really. they are a protest party trying ot appear mainstream. They have very little power, very little support, and no real policy base.
    The only reason they get more votes now (but not MPs) is that the traditional protest vote party, the libdems are inpower as part of the coalition, so protest votes turn elsewhere. Combine that with the effect of cameron alienating the more rightwing elements of his party and you can see why UKIP get more votes.

however we operate a first past the post system, so all UKIP does is dilute the rightwing votes over more candidates, making any of them getting elected less likley...and thereby increaseingthe chance of a swing to the left in the next election.

Cameron must really be kicking himself for opposing proportional representation right now!

Deleted

If you think UKIP sound competent and capable I dread to think what your idea of "Competent" is. Farage intends to spend our already overstretched budget on hundreds of millions of pounds worth of new military hardware that we've got absolutely no use for.

10+ Year Old Account
    UKIP's stances on Gay Marriage and immigration laws attract homophobic and racist members and voters. Even if there manifesto doesn't outline any policies which are anti-gay or anti-immigration, their stances on the policies compared to the three bigger parties means that those who have more extreme views on the matter move towards UKIP, and this means that the party begins to move towards appeasing their members, and those members in turn become candidates in elections and creep up the chain of command.

As for England's lack of a left-wing party, Labour's decision of Ed Miliband over his brother was a definite shit further left as Ed has very similar views to his mother, an old Labour supporter and human rights activist.

Deleted
    I certainly don't think UKIP are at their peak, I can see them getting a few seats in the next election. They'll never have enough to form a government or to be a viable coalition partner, but to say that they're 'at their limit' is just Labour trying to downplay the situation. UKIP will continue to grow because they are the go-to 'protest' party. Not to mention that they've picked an area of policy that is becoming increasingly important to the electorate as their focus.

Labour under Ed Miliband are pretty incompetent at the moment. The coalition is very unpopular with the key voters in middle England, and yet Labour doesn't have a significant lead over the Conservatives. They should be doing far better than they actually are in the polls, and the fact that they aren't shows that the electorate has serious problems with trusting Labour again. I agree with a lot of what Tony Blair was saying in the New Statesman this week. Labour have framed themselves as a party of opposition, a party that just 'opposes' what the other guys are doing. They haven't set out ANY policies or explained what they would do differently were they in government instead. They don't have a clear message. Not to mention the people at the helm were at the treasury just before the financial crisis hit. The Liberal Democrats look pretty dismal due to having no platform of their own either.

Quote Originally Posted by digal View Post
    Aye, when a political party has to prove that it's not racist, you know that something is up. =P
    Not seen any evidence pointing towards they are racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    UKIP's stances on Gay Marriage and immigration laws attract homophobic and racist members and voters. Even if there manifesto doesn't outline any policies which are anti-gay or anti-immigration, their stances on the policies compared to the three bigger parties means that those who have more extreme views on the matter move towards UKIP, and this means that the party begins to move towards appeasing their members, and those members in turn become candidates in elections and creep up the chain of command.
    This is what they are doing. It's politicking and tactics, trying to scoop up the disaffected Tory vote. They fired that Youth Leader for speaking in favour of Gay Marriage - even though they claim to support Civil Partnerships. I find it pretty repugnant and cynical, but then all the other parties use cynical politicking.

Anyway, did anyone see the recent UKIP Party Political Broadcast on the TV? It's probably the most ridiculously generalized, all-purpose, predictable electioneering material that you could come up with:

Reminded me of this parody:

Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2013-04-15 at 08:04 PM.