1. #1

    ToT HC - which bosses need 3 healers?

    Our priest has slight connection issues atm; her french connection doesn't seem to agree with raiding, so we're kinda stuck with 2 healers for a few weeks.

    Just wondering which bosses CAN'T be 2 healed to plan our progress? just looking for little tips to make this easier... (we have jinrokh, horridon, tortos, and ji kun down) And just as importantly, which bosses will waste most time relative to using 3 healers? (we only raid 12 hrs a week)

    Setup is a monk (508) and holydin (513) - tanks are dk are monk. we do have a warlock (most of the time). we don't have a druid for hotw/tranq. we do have a shaman for ankh.

    tips and tricks (like using immunities for frostbite) always welcomed.

  2. #2
    iron qon has been 2 healed... but majority of guilds 3 heal it. I can see it being 2 healable with some rotation of CDs and stuff.. the fire dog is quite intense, but then the next 2 u can regene mana... then the last phase is kinda intense, but the more DPS the less dmg ull actually take... if u got a boomkin or priest or some kinda supportive healin class to aid u i think u can do it

  3. #3
    2 healed:
    jin-rokh , horridon, tortos, ji-kun, durumu, primordous?, dark animus, twins, lei-shen

    3 healed:
    council, megara, iron qon

    All the fights are 2 healable with very good dps and I'm sure we'll see some solo healed fights too when on farm.

    megara with very high dps can be 8 dps 2 healed easily done on normal probably not obtainable in heroic yet.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    iron qon has been 2 healed... but majority of guilds 3 heal it. I can see it being 2 healable with some rotation of CDs and stuff.. the fire dog is quite intense, but then the next 2 u can regene mana... then the last phase is kinda intense, but the more DPS the less dmg ull actually take... if u got a boomkin or priest or some kinda supportive healin class to aid u i think u can do it
    Yea, I'm pretty much seeing the same for council and megaera. we have no boomkin/spriest/prot pala, which seems to always be a key ingredient in these.

    Wondering in terms of progression whether we'd waste more time trying to do council or iron qon on the proviso we can immunity the frostbites (extra dps seems to matter far more on council)

    Iron qon seems to be almost exclusively 3 healed (with a couple of exceptions)

  5. #5
    If you can immunity the nasty frost shit on council and have great interrupts then that hugely mitigates the damage. Hand of Purity (or 2 if you have a Ret) works wonders as well.

    Honestly I feel like they're roughly even. Both will be a struggle to 2 heal, but both can have a big portion of the burden lifted with higher DPS and the right cooldowns/execution. Either way you'll need your DPS to really take as little damage as possible in the regen phases (like the lightning dog) and to output as much damage as possible in the burn phases or else your healers will be overwhelmed.

    I'd make the call based on how many Immunities/Purities you have and how good you are at chain interrupting.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    If you can immunity the nasty frost shit on council and have great interrupts then that hugely mitigates the damage. Hand of Purity (or 2 if you have a Ret) works wonders as well.

    Honestly I feel like they're roughly even. Both will be a struggle to 2 heal, but both can have a big portion of the burden lifted with higher DPS and the right cooldowns/execution. Either way you'll need your DPS to really take as little damage as possible in the regen phases (like the lightning dog) and to output as much damage as possible in the burn phases or else your healers will be overwhelmed.

    I'd make the call based on how many Immunities/Purities you have and how good you are at chain interrupting.
    Pretty sure purity was nerfed a couple of weeks ago to not be viable on council?

    We only have 1 paladin - holy/myself (and no dwarf/pala tank), so i'm really not sure if we can solo tank iron qon either. Usually it'd be my prot offspec if a paladin tank is NEEDED, but with only 2 healers available now (and our monk tanks healing being really poor + a mw mw combo being less than ideal for 2 healing) it's not viable for me to tank.

    Perhaps it's best to look towards primordius/megaera/durumu? Both 'apparently' 2 healable. Dark animus is definitely 2 heals, but I really don't feel like it'd be prudent to go there.... From a loot pov, I'd prefer a tier boss too.

    Options...?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Pretty sure purity was nerfed a couple of weeks ago to not be viable on council?
    It should not longer work on stuff that can't be immune'd off. Is the Biting Cold not immunable on heroic? I'm not sure. Its definitely immunable on normal and HoP does work but that's normal.

    Primordius did recently get a small nerf on heroic. Perhaps consider trying him.

    Normally the next step of progression for your guild is Iron Quon but you really are kinda screwed comp wise for him so its a tough call. I think Durumu is better saved for later and Megaera is closer to 3 heal fight so out of those 3 options I'd choose Primordius.
    Last edited by RavenGage; 2013-04-12 at 09:36 PM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •