Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Obviously I do then, because you use the same ragged arguments as every other EA defending Shill in this thread.

I'll give you a bottom line so you can READ and PAY ATTENTION.

Banks of America don't care about this poll. EA do. It hurts EA more. Hurting one Big Greedy Corporation is better than hurting none.
    calm down

you're making me want to side with EA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

I'm trying to enlighten you...

Let me Enlighten you.

Once upon a time there was a CEO who makes around $500,000 a year with ease. He pushes his company to do bad things for more profit, so he can have $550,000 a year. This guy, and his Company, are assholes.

Let me Enlighten you.

Once upon a time there was a CEO who makes around $500,000 a year with ease. He pushes his company to do bad things for more profit, so he can have $550,000 a year. This guy, and his Company, are assholes.
    This isn't enlightening. Men have to eat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I be sarcastic? Why shouldn't I defend people? You both believe that you have the right way of living and that you have what you need. I'm sorry that I'm just more aware of you but if you took a look around maybe you'd realize that you need to open your eyes.

Let me tell you a tale.

There were once three men living in a cave. They lived there their entire lives and the only source of light was from a fire that they kept going. The fire was, to them, the only light in the world and the small circle it provided was their entire life. One day, a terrible storm raged outside the cave and the men heard it deep inside. The wind blew the fire and made it dance upon the wall. After the storm, one of the men was curious about where the wind came from. He tried to get his fellows to join him but they refused. The man set out on his own, trying to navigate his way out of the cave until he came into a bright light. The light was so bright, he was blinded momentarily. When his vision returned, he saw the light came from the sun and he looked down upon the world. He was so excited, he knew he had to tell his friends. He ventured back into the cave and told them but they merely laughed at him and chased him away. The man knew if his friends wouldn't come to the light, he'd bring the light to them. And so he dug. He dug down until he found his friends. When he showed them the world, they felt so foolish that they bowed before his feet, begging his forgiveness.

I'm trying to enlighten you...
    Implying CEOs are just trying to feed their family is just....insane. They make enough to feed a small country. And whilst that story is nice and all, I don't see how it is relevant in the slightest. We are talking about corporate greed, not cavemen and sunshine, or morals of any sort when it comes to the 'just business' defense of EA game and their ilk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    I am not defending ANYONE. That's what you don't get. You're just trying to pick fights and stuff people you pick fights with on that side.
    You try and defend people who defend EA.

Yes you are on that side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for clearly showing you have zero knowledge of the Game Development business. I can now safely ignore you as it seems you are stuck in 2010
    Sorry, enlighten me, I'm just a simple minded gamer that hears rumors and whispering!

Deleted
    So tell me.

If he makes $500,000 a year, and this gives him a stable life, Why does he need the extra money? Thats not "having to eat" Thats greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Implying CEOs are just trying to feed their family is just....insane. They make enough to feed a small country.
    I'm sorry that you have such a skewed view on the world and money. I sincerely hope that some day you can make your way out of the cave and see the light...

10+ Year Old Account
    You try and defend people who defend EA.

Yes you are on that side.
    The only thing I ever stated is that people's misunderstanding of businesses makes them prioritize video games over other issues.

That means in no way, shape, or form, that I defend EA.

You interpreted it this way just to pick a fight. Cuz that's what you do.

You pick fights. Period.

Need me to say it again? You pick fights. Nothing more.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

So tell me.

If he makes $500,000 a year, and this gives him a stable life, Why does he need the extra money? Thats not "having to eat" Thats greed.
    Your militant stance against EA is just stupendous. You really should step back and look at what you're posting. Come out of the cave...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Sorry, enlighten me, I'm just a simple minded gamer that hears rumors and whispering!
    Ubisoft are dropping most DRM in newer titles as it hurt sales.

Sony have little to no DRM on their consoles, it's just a flimsy console.

Valve have always had a stable DRM that is loosening slowly as we speak.

None of these companies can even be compared to EA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ubisoft are dropping most DRM in newer titles as it hurt sales.

Sony have little to no DRM on their consoles, it's just a flimsy console.

Valve have always had a stable DRM that is loosening slowly as we speak.

None of these companies can even be compared to EA.
    Thank you for that information, now could you brighten my day with a solution to the EA situation?

Deleted
    Your militant stance against EA is just stupendous. You really should step back and look at what you're posting. Come out of the cave...
    Please tell me how a CEO earning $500,000 a week NEEDS that Extra money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man can eat off 100, 000$ salary. A family of 3 can live comfortably off that paycheck. EA is bad business, selling half completed games with a crap-ton of DLC to complete the game, which should have had all the DLC included in the first place, just to try and make more money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Thank you for that information, now could you brighten my day with a solution to the EA situation?
    Well, that depends on the situation you are talking about?

The fact that EA is still around or EA is still the worst Publishing company ever?

Please tell me how a CEO earning $500,000 a week NEEDS that Extra money.
    Most of these companies are located in California and Washington. The cost of living is higher in those places. This is simple economics......

I'd love to stay and debate this more but unfortunately I have to go to my job now. Because I have to make a living and I can't sit on the Internet arguing about video game companies all day. Things aren't just handed to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Only EA game I like is Fifa. so uh---/shrug. ..They can't be that bad tho.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that depends on the situation you are talking about?

The fact that EA is still around or EA is still the worst Publishing company ever?
    I don't know, you are so furious about this, you tell me where the problem is. I seem to have quite a nice day.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these companies are located in California and Washington. The cost of living is higher in those places. This is simple economics.
    So everyone who lives in California and Washington are millionaires?

This is news to me. I must have missed the 'simple economics' class in college. I need to move to California, where all my financial dreams can come true.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these companies are located in California and Washington. The cost of living is higher in those places. This is simple economics......

I'd love to stay and debate this more but unfortunately I have to go to my job now. Because I have to make a living and I can't sit on the Internet arguing about video game companies all day. Things aren't just handed to me...
    We both live on the same planet, right?
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-04-12 at 02:45 PM.