Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oddly enough I am viewing this thread while after exiting simcity 20+ times this morning due to trade bugs and other issues.

Generally if a gaming company is going to leave something broken they lie to the customer and say it's inteded to work that way but EA refuses to acknowledge the existence of said problems.

Then again they already acknowledged the newest simcity is complete trash and gave me Mass Effect 3 for free which considering it was also made by EA I haven't even bothered to install/play it

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we did the thread merger I should probably repost these in case anyone actually needs a refresher.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    So let me get this straight. You'd rather focus your ire on a video game company, than a company that is actually affecting your life? All because one carries more weight than the other?

That is an argument filled with fallacy; paradigms are meant to be shifted. Just because despising EA with your inner-most soul is the trendy thing to do, doesn't mean you have to do it.
    I'd rather focus my vote on something productive than simply have it do nothing. It's not a case of one carrying more weight than other other, but rather one carrying weight whilst the other carries none at all.

After Mass Effect 3 I have personally refused to purchase any EA game. This is a "well-deserved" title for EA, and I can see them winning it for many years to come. Oh also, for anyone who hasn't seen it or isn't aware, John Riccitiello (CEO of EA I believe? Not sure) has talked about charging people $1 to reload in games such as battlefield, rofl.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/foru...llets-in-games Here's the link to that

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I'd rather focus my vote on something productive than simply have it do nothing. It's not a case of one carrying more weight than other other, but rather one carrying weight whilst the other carries none at all.
    Whay a wimpery attitude.

first: did you actually vote on that poll?

second: this is not my life principle. i never ever give up on something before even trying simply because it's too difficult. and that included everything in my life, studies, work, love life, gaming, and hell even changing the world we live in. I don't trade my principles for a quick victory, i am not afraid to go against giant if the fight is worth it. and neither should you.

You thing giants are unshakable therefore you don't go after them. and the fact that they are never attacked is the very basis of their strength. Make no mistake, reigns have ended, empires have fallen, kings have been dethroned, nothing, NOTHING, is invincible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Whay a wimpery attitude.

first: did you actually vote on that poll?

second: this is not my life principle. i never ever give up on something before even trying simply because it's too difficult. and that included everything in my life, studies, work, love life, gaming, and hell even changing the world we live in. I don't trade my principles for a quick victory, i am not affraid to go against giant if the fight is worse it. and neither should you.

You thing giant are unshakable therefore you don't go after them. and the fact that they are never attack is the very basis of their strengh. Make no mistake, reigns have anded, empires have fallen, kings have been dethroned, nothing, NOTHING, is invincible.
    You expect me to take on banking corporations by voting, and if I choose to put my vote to something else, I'm whimpering? That is just totally unrealistic.

I would choose to put my time towards something that can actually yield some meaningful result rather than totally waste them. your analogy has nothing to do with voting anyway as there is no effort or difficulty associated with it. If I was going to go up against a bank then I'd do it in a more meaningful way, which voting isn't. To a company that relies in PR like EA does, voting them worst company in america does have an effect.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-04-12 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make no mistake, reigns have ended, empires have fallen, kings have been dethroned, nothing, NOTHING, is invincible.
    The link below would like to have a word with you.
    www.wowhead.com/item=50818
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You expect me to take on banking corporations by voting, and if I choose to put my vote to something else, I'm whimpering? That is just totally unrealistic.
    i expect you to start somewhere, to stay true to your ideals and don't sell out for a quick victory.

I don't know your country, but i am sure your history i filled with people fighting against impossible odds, to change the world they lived in.

Bank of America isn't even that bad compared to goldman saches. They sunk the entire eurozone. Bank of America is like, a miniboss in an evil bank raid.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    i expect you to start somewhere, to stay true to your ideals and don't sell out for a quick victory.

I don't know your country, but i am sure your history i filled with people fighting against impossible odds, to change the world they lived in.
    Your melodramatic attitude is all well and good on a forum, but it has no applications in going against corporations that are immune to the word of law when your only power is a single vote in a popularity contest. I choose to use my vote in the one way it would have a positive effect.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-04-12 at 03:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    The link below would like to have a word with you.
    www.wowhead.com/item=50818
    But why is it called invincible if I can see it?
    BAD WOLF

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your melodramatic attitude is all well and good on a forum, but it has no applications in going against corporations that are immune to the word of law when your only power is a single vote in a popularity contest. I chose to use my vote in the one way it would have a positive effect.
    what positive effect.

Say you and your peers manage to succesfully drive EA to bankruptcy and is no more.
    The world is a better place, we can all rest easy, right?
    Because it's not like the fall of EA would not either benefit other or be replaced by an equally bad company.

I'm not expecting you to go actively against corporation. Few does.
    Live your life, raise your kid, be nice to your neighbour and stay true to your principle.

you don't like EA, don't buy their product rather than stupid internet vote.
    You don't like BoA, then don't use their bank
    you care for the environement, well use more public transportation, bike or clean energy cars, sort your trash for recycling

what good can you achieve with stupid internet poll that are totally biased toward a specific audiance anyway. Who is voting. people that are privilege enough with internet access, who buys game, that have way too much time in their hands to know about that poll, and that didn'tt really have any hardship happens to their lives.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-04-12 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    But why is it called invincible if I can see it?
    Why is it that Zelda ALWAYS has to rescue the princess?
    - Woodman

Why is it that Zelda ALWAYS has to rescue the princess?
    Zelda IS the princess.

*I get the feeling that this is a meme I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Zelda IS the princess.
    The joke has gone over someone's head it seems.
    - Woodman

The joke has gone over someone's head it seems.
    Yep. Meme I have not yet encountered.

Adding it to my pokedex now.

somebody is always on last place. doesnt make them actually a bad company.

even in a list of then holy saints, there would be one guy on the last spot :>

Whatever EA might do their stance on LGBT issues has earned them at least some measure of respect from me.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    somebody is always on last place. doesnt make them actually a bad company.

even in a list of then holy saints, there would be one guy on the last spot :>
    Yep. And someone always has to get first. It doesn't make them good.

Even in a list of war criminals and slavers, someone would get first spot.

10+ Year Old Account

what good can you achieve with stupid internet poll that are totally biased toward a specific audiance anyway. Who is voting. people that are privilege enough with internet access, who buys game, that have way too much time in their hands to know about that poll, and that didn'tt really have any hardship happens to their lives.
    Well that didn't last long.