Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Being publicly humiliated ensures they got the message though, which is the point of the 'price' in the first place.
    Indeed. If this and declining sales dont make them change their ways then nothing will. I just hope they do turn it around and make better games. As the Market is really bad for games. We have too many mediocre games far far too many. One reason why I both LOVE and HATE valve (srs where is my half life 3?) they take ages to make a game normally and when its made its usually polished and has such a great new take on an fps etc.

Look at portal and portal 2, the games were brilliant. TF2 when it first came out was a shining beacon of how to do a team based FPS. Half life 2 and its expacs were all brilliant and using in game puzzles was what I wanted. LFD was again a game I got a lot of enjoyment out of. LFD2 I think was the only game of theirs I didn't rate as much. Mainly because it was released within a year or so of LFD. I still enjoyed it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Being publicly humiliated ensures they got the message though, which is the point of the 'price' in the first place.
    Except that they never got the message, if they did then the last few games that they have published since the ME3 clusterfuck would have been better. I like it when people say that EA ruined Bioware, when really Bioware kinda ruined themselves. I have played a number of their games and to be honest, at best I would call them an average development studio who have put out games that some people have loved, while I have hated pretty much everything they have produced and I have yet to understand how people say that their games are great. Bioware has only ruined themselves though with Dragon Age 2, SWTOR and Mass Effect 3, EA's hands aren't that are in the pockets of the decision makers, they can't have too much say in what goes on with the development of a game, however it is their decision if they choose to publish games that are incomplete or have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    they can't have too much say in what goes on with the development of a game, however it is their decision if they choose to publish games that are incomplete or have problems.
    Pretty much. EA's sin is rushing a game or forcing features and, more recently, pushing for microtransactions. Not ruining video game designs/stories. The ending of Mass Effect 3 would have been the same regardless of EA.
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

and every mouth-foaming nerd who voted EA as worst company in the world will line up like a bunch of sheep for Battlefield 4.
    "Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong!"
    On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since October 22, 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tradewind isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    and every mouth-foaming nerd who voted EA as worst company in the world will line up like a bunch of sheep for Battlefield 4.
    Not me. I stopped buying EA games when they pulled all their content from Steam, even though I loved Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    EA's sin is rushing a game or forcing features and, more recently, pushing for microtransactions.
    while calling EA, or any simple entertainment company really, the worst company of america is certainly absolute shullbit, a big reason why many people (or me personally at least) dislike them is their policy regarding employees in development studios.
    EA has quite the history of buying teams, pushing out as many games in their franchises with as little effort/money as possible, and then closing the studios or dismissing a good part of the team once they've been milked.

another reason is their terrible customer support. i seriously had to explain what a flashpoint is to some poor indian guy who was supposed to help me with a bug in swtor (that's like explaining what a dungeon is to a wow gamemaster, for anyone who hasn't played swtor). like... wtf?

there are certainly more and better reasons to dislike EA than just not liking their 'features' or the way they handle dlc.
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-04-18 at 10:58 PM.

@_@

Sorry. I laughed w/ the again part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    then closing the studios or dismissing a good part of the team once they've been milked.
    When you think about this, it's absurd. If a franchise does well, then surely you keep the studio and milk it even more?

What actually happens is that the profit margin is incredibly thin, as games get more expensive to produce, yet still bring in a fixed amount of money. The board of directors don't like this, so the developers become the scape goat, and the studio gets shut down to try and recoup costs. Reasons for the massive costs of games is due to shareholders and big wigs trying to be game developers, causing incredibly expensive U turns (which are not easy and very costly especially in a game where its architecture has already been defined), trying to add more features into a frame work doesn't support it etc.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

RETH RETH RETH!

while calling EA, or any simple entertainment company really, the worst company of america is certainly absolute shullbit, a big reason why many people (or me personally at least) dislike them is their policy regarding employees in development studios.
    EA has quite the history of buying teams, pushing out as many games in their franchises with as little effort/money as possible, and then closing the studios or dismissing a good part of the team once they've been milked.

another reason is their terrible customer support. i seriously had to explain what a flashpoint is to some poor indian guy who was supposed to help me with a bug in swtor (that's like explaining what a dungeon is to a wow gamemaster, for anyone who hasn't played swtor). like... wtf?

there are certainly more and better reasons to dislike EA than just not liking their 'features' or the way they handle dlc.
    That's what you get when you contract your customer support out to a business in India because they don't want to pay full price for North American workers.

Bioware has only ruined themselves though with Dragon Age 2, SWTOR and Mass Effect 3, EA's hands aren't that are in the pockets of the decision makers, they can't have too much say in what goes on with the development of a game, however it is their decision if they choose to publish games that are incomplete or have problems.
    You might want to go have a look at when BW was acquired by EA...
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

That's what you get when you contract your customer support out to a business in India because they don't want to pay full price for North American workers.
    Last I remember, a big chunk of their customer support is actually in Ireland. So...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Last I remember, a big chunk of their customer support is actually in Ireland. So...yeah.
    Must be drunk enough to sound like Indians?

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    When you think about this, it's absurd. If a franchise does well, then surely you keep the studio and milk it even more?
    you can only produce low(er) quality stuff in a popular franchise without new innovations for so long, before the franchise itself suffers and former fans start losing faith and interest in related products.
    What actually happens is that the profit margin is incredibly thin, as games get more expensive to produce, yet still bring in a fixed amount of money. The board of directors don't like this, so the developers become the scape goat, and the studio gets shut down to try and recoup costs. Reasons for the massive costs of games is due to shareholders and big wigs trying to be game developers, causing incredibly expensive U turns (which are not easy and very costly especially in a game where its architecture has already been defined), trying to add more features into a frame work doesn't support it etc.
    of course, what i described is only one reason, simplyfied, and certainly not the only one.

that was pretty much my point, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    i don't think those are the ones responsible for swtor though, or at least not the only ones. i've opened two tickets in the short time i've played swtor, and both 'gamemasters' very obviously had difficulty with the english language.
    besides, as long as they provide proper service, i don't really care where they are, or even how good their english is. but when it's apparent that EA uses people who have no clue about the game they should provide support for, that's just terribly cheap.

also: "More jobs are reportedly being cut at EA's customer service center in Galway, Ireland." (Apr 11th 2013) although someone else reported that those were probably less than 10% of the existing ones.

@_@

i don't think those are the ones responsible for swtor though, or at least not the only ones. i've opened two tickets in the short time i've played swtor, and both 'gamemasters' very obviously had difficulty with the english language.
    besides, as long as they provide proper service, i don't really care where they are, or even how good their english is. but when it's apparent that EA uses people who have no clue about the game they should provide support for, that's just terribly cheap.

also: "More jobs are reportedly being cut at EA's customer service center in Galway, Ireland." (Apr 11th 2013) although someone else reported that those were probably less than 10% of the existing ones.
    Nah, they are irish. I've had many dealings with the swtor support team. The main issue is that they don't actually play or understand the game. If you write something like, "I fell through dromand kass and I can't /stuck and there's no way to kill myself" they would be like "wtf is dromand kass? wtf is /stuck? why is this guy trying to kill himself? Should I be calling 911? Am I a mandated reporter?"
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Let's try those f*^&ers for war crimes and see if they still sound like arrogant teenagers....
    Wait. Wow? People still play that game? ummm. ok.

So has Pete taken the top spot yet? Figured it was a gimme, and that he would be a natural fit to fill Johnny's slimy shoes.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Nah, they are irish. I've had many dealings with the swtor support team. The main issue is that they don't actually play or understand the game. If you write something like, "I fell through dromand kass and I can't /stuck and there's no way to kill myself" they would be like "wtf is dromand kass? wtf is /stuck? why is this guy trying to kill himself? Should I be calling 911? Am I a mandated reporter?"
    i digress but you got me curious. How do you tell where people are from with only written messages? can you tell where's i'm from?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i digress but you got me curious. How do you tell where people are from with only written messages? can you tell where's i'm from?
    I asked about half of them and got "Irish" each time. When I talk to CS I treat them like people, not lost loot vendors.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I asked about half of them and got "Irish" each time. When I talk to CS I treat them like people, not lost loot vendors.
    i know the irish customer support center was opened for swtor specifically (at least originally, they partly changed that later) but i honestly doubt the two i've 'talked' to were from ireland. their english was very, very bad.

but again, neither of that really matters (to me) as long as they can provide good support, which they very clearly couldn't.

@_@

i know the irish customer support center was opened for swtor specifically (at least originally, they partly changed that later) but i honestly doubt the two i've 'talked' to were from ireland. their english was very, very bad.

but again, neither of that really matters (to me) as long as they can provide good support, which they very clearly couldn't.
    Maybe for you.
    I usually got my ticket responded to in under 5 minutes and they were proficient in english... just not video games lol