Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

EA Games Publicly 'Apologizes' - Up for Worst Company for 2013

http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better

So while the whole read is a laugh, look at this typically arrogant closing line
    The tallest trees catch the most wind. At EA we remain proud and unbowed.
    Thoughts?

Here's mine: Go to hell EA. Business as usual.

Edit: Consumerist's Response to his 'apology'
    http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/ea...y-madden-fans/
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-04-06 at 03:05 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Only gonna get worse for them as the NCAA lawsuit becomes more public.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

What happened and they apologised?

We’ve seen mailing lists that direct people to vote for EA because they disagree with the choice of the cover athlete on Madden NFL. Yes, really…
    In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.
    But to be honest... people are being ridiculous.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

hehe, hillarious.

Trough dosen't suprise me. Even my brother complained about EA. He rarely ever played any games, but I gave him FIFA (yea...thoes types of gamers :P) for playstation, and when I told him about EA voted worst business inn USA 2012, he told me FIFA was often down or something.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    But to be honest... people are being ridiculous.
    I think those people voting for those reasons are the minority though, and not enough to actually 'win' them the title of "worst company of" whatever. The price gouging, poor stability or lack of improvement of online servers, and general greed EA have shown will be what has angered the majority enough to vote them the worst company.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the closing line is a pretty neat way to end it, I dont think its arrogant I think its spot on. I do however despise EA for sim city gate.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    EA has a lot of arrogance, even if people are being stupid and calling them the worst company for allowing LGBT characters in their games, that isn't their problem. Their problem stems from a lack of respect for their customers and their forcing of ideals upon gamer's that don't make sense. Always online DRM in a single player game like Sim City was a terrible idea, and forcing users to use Origin in order to buy and play their games digitally on the PC is just as bad. Forcing players to log into Origin on consoles is also bad, and is why Nintendo dropped EA like a bad girlfriend.

I just can't help but think at how telecom and bank CEO's are snickering knowing EA managed to be the Red Herring they've so desperately craved.

Oh dear.

But let's be honest here, this statement is not surprising at all.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Consumerist.com's Vote For the Worst Company is, and always will be, a reactionary poll. Not just that, but it is hardly indicative of who the worst company happens to be. In one bracket, you could have Wal-Mart, Bank of America, and Comcast while another bracket has EA and a bunch of companies people may or may not care about. I've said this so many times before but if Wal-Mart and Bank of America have never won, the "Worst Company" competition is flawed.

EA not the best company, defensively not the worst.

Some ppl are being ridiculous and following a mob mentality

"Many continue to claim the Always-On function in SimCity is a DRM scheme. It’s not. People still want to argue about it. We can’t be any clearer – it’s not. Period."

What they're not getting is that it doesn't matter what you (EA) call it. It's DRM, and you were recently caught with your hand in the cookie jar a few weeks ago about just this particular issue. And yet here they are, denying it, playing the PR-game.

If there's one thing EA is good at, it's being arrogant.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

EA goes overboard trying to stop piracy with these online only and DMR things that effect the people actually willing to purchase their game more than the people pirating.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    EA goes overboard trying to stop piracy with these online only and DMR things that effect the people actually willing to purchase their game more than the people pirating.
    Indeed, Origin is probably the worst service I've ever tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I really LOLed. That people vote for EA has to 90% nothing to do with their LGBT-Policy. For me this would be the only objective to NOT vote them for the worst company. The real problem are really something completely different:

1.) Origin - Alone this is one point worth.
    2.) Lying: They said that we need to be Online because Sim City is so interactive that they need to run the simulation on their servers: that was a blunt lie.
    3.) Really really really bad bugfixes: They need months to fix bugs if they will ever fix them. Lets take the Sims: All of their Vanilla Neighborhoods have major rooting issues that wasn't fixed by ea since the release of the Sims 3; even newer neighborhoods are buggy as hell. At least modders were able to fix the issue.
    4.) Did you ever looked in the Origin-Store from Europe: Take a new game like Sim City: 59,99$ in US, 59,99 € in EU. 1 Euro is today 1,2994 $, so they take nearly 30% more money from EU. Not that Steam is better in this issue.
    5.) Unfinished Games: Do you remember Dragon Age 2? Not, i even not, because if you played it through, you thought was this only a demo, no this was a full-price-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also a saying, "the bigger you are, the harder you fall" see I can do it too EA. I like their whole "we can do better" crap they keep rambling on about. I don't think they fully understand why people hate them. People hate them (at least it's the reason why I hate them with a burning passion) because of how they sell their games. Online passes which are required if you want to play the other 50% of a game (multiplayer), day 1 DLC, stripping down games and putting all those strips from the game out as DLC which should've been in the game in the first place, DRM and I'm sure there are other reasons that I'm forgetting that other people might mention. They never really covered those points. Everything in that article just says ARROGANCE.

"Some people think that free-to-play games and micro-transactions are a pox on gaming. Tens of millions more are playing and loving those games."
    Really? Yeah people might be enjoying the GAME part but who enjoys paying extra money on top of the $60 they paid for content that should've been in the game when it came out? Who enjoys being forced to have an online pass to unlock a HUGE portion of a game just because EA doesn't like the used game business? I know I sure as hell don't.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-04-06 at 02:35 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I think those people voting for those reasons are the minority though
    Oh I'm certain they are the minority....they are just the convenient scapegoats for what happened. And to people saying this is a 'reactionary' poll...well...no duh? People are reacting to how the company has behaved this year. They're even worse than last year. I think it's funny that they continue to defend their DRM and the SimCity nonsense even though the full truth is more than out now.

And it's one thing to be positive about your company, expressive a good outlook for the future, and quite another to close an apology statement with something so vain. Basically that last sentence negated any amount of apology that came before it, not to mention that the excuses started after the intro paragraph. It's one thing to say, "We messed up, we're sorry, but we're positive we're going to make things right for you again" and "We messed up...sorta...but really you don't understand the situation, people are overreacting, and this is kinda just blown out of proportion. So with that being said, we're better than everyone and we know it".
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.
    Well yes...if you HAVE to have Origin to play a game...of course you're gonna have registered users. Now make a poll about how many people are actually happy using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Indeed, Origin is probably the worst service I've ever tried.
    I think that is pretty funny considering I just read this

Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.
    I was just casually reading the comments and a couple stuck out to me.

45 million 'registered' on Origin, but how many are actually 'satisfied'?
    The only reason I use Origin is because you were greedy enough to pull your catalog out of STEAM just to MAKE ME use your software. Far Cry 3 for instance, I could buy it in steam AND uplay! And please loose that arrogance EA. And lastly, we love your licences more than we love EA, never forget that.
    Put your game on Steam too and we will see how 'great' your Origin will do.
    Hi Sephurik