Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maybe one day EA is going to listen to its consumers. Something tells me they are going to be in the running next year again.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragma117 View Post
    Maybe one day EA is going to listen to its consumers. Something tells me they are going to be in the running next year again.
    People with common sense that bitch about how crappy their games are need to stop buying them. I don't give a damn if EA tries to sucker people into buying their products by reviving old franchises like they did with Sim City, after that little fiasco EA knows people will be gullible enough to buy their products if they bring out something that hasn't been seen in years. Unfortunately no matter how much people bitch, if they are stupid enough to keep buying EA's products, they will continue to suffer the consequences of mediocre games and microtransactions.

The fact that a video game maker can win award for 'worst company' speaks volume about how short-sighted and naive the average US consumer actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    In all honesty I find it hard to believe that people consider a video game company worse than a bank or a retailer.

A bank is by far the worst considering recent history by default. EA should not have made it as far as it did in the contest regardless of how bad they are. Worst gaming company for sure. Worst company in the US out of the contenders? Hell no. Worst company in the US outside of the contenders? EA looks like a saint in front of most US corporations.

And it's obvious EA is not going to change until people stop buying their products. Voting them to be the worst company only shows that 1. a lot of us have effed up priorities and 2. that we apparently still care about the company enough to deal with their shit when buying their video games.
    Bank of america has less effect on my country than EA.
    Ea sells their p** araund the world.
    So yeah big difrence.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Every bank does more or less the same shit. The difference between them is not that big in the eyes of customers. EA on the other hand is clear winner when it comes to game publisher scumbags. Why should Bank of america be singled out instead of EA I don't see it. If the pool was about the worst business segment, banks would probably win by wide margin, but it's not.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So as a gay person, you support a company making up lies about people who have different beliefs/orientation than your own in order to excuse their incompetence? Or is it just that catering to your demographic is all that matters, regardless of what demographic that is?

I don't even know where to begin with that, other than you should be ashamed of yourself.
    I like how you put words in my mouth. I don't support any of that, I just don't agree that EA is the worst thing since Hitler because of their stance on this issue.
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-04-12 at 05:24 AM.

I like how you put words in my mouth. I don't support any of that, I just don't agree that EA is the worst thing since Hitler because of their stance on this issue.
    So you're alright that whenever shit hit the fan, EA uses LGBT as a shield against any criticism? Because that's exactly what they do. Only few times whenever they've come up with their unwavered support towards the group has been in times when there's been lot of bad PR going around for them
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

EA Voted Worst Company in America Again

A Consumerist readers' poll of the "worst companies" has awarded Electronic Arts a "Golden Poo" for the second year in a row. The video game maker, whose botched release of "SimCity" recently drew intense criticism from users, earned nearly 78 percent of readers' votes, faring far worse than runner-up Bank of America."*

A consumerist reader's poll has named EA the worst company in America. What did Electronic Arts do that made them more detested than even Bank of America and AT&T?

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is their response, I'm sure: image
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Blizzard for europe

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares? and what does it have to do with wow?

I play SWTOR atm (an EA-BIOWARE game), and I can tell you this:

1. Their customer support is terrible and they treat paying customers like excrement.

2. Their servers are awful, in fact yesterday half the EU and NA SWTOR servers went down for about 5 hours and when they came back online I and others had suffered a 5 hour rollback with our toons losing money, items and playtime.

People are telling me that this isn't the first time their servers crash and a rollback happens either. Apparently their servers had crashed again when the game first went F2P and there was a rollback too.

It would be so AWESOME if Blizzard with their unmatched professionalism were to own SWTOR, they would have made that game a huge success.

I don't see EA having any bright future since they refuse to learn and refuse to adapt and insist on their old anti-professional and anti-client routine.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2013-04-12 at 01:01 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    who cares? and what does it have to do with wow?
    I bet the blizzard stuff vote the EA the worst

The people who vote for that kind of nonsense, only have short term memory, like almost all Americans (they base who they should vote on, on the last few commercials...). Simcity just went wrong, every other failure of every other company is instantly pushed back in their minds, so they all vote EA. It means nothing.

lmfao @ people coming to EAs defense...

Granted BoA, AT&T, and many others are still far far greater piles of dinosaur excrement by comparison.

EA easily takes the cake for the video game industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    I bet the blizzard stuff vote the EA the worst
    No.

What happened is that the American Public i.e. common people like me and you, voted EA as the worst company in America and they received seventy-eight percent (78%) of the vote. The vote was taken by a website called Consumerist, and the other runner up was "Bank of America".

You can imagine how bad EA is when, in this economic climate, people vote EA as the worst company in America over a thieving bank.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    No.

What happened is that the American Public i.e. common people like me and you, voted EA as the worst company in America and they received seventy-eight percent (78%) of the vote. The vote was taken by a website called Consumerist, and the other runner up was "Bank of America".

You can imagine how bad EA is when, in this economic climate, people vote EA as the worst company in America over a thieving bank.
    Funny how one can read statistics. Y'see, what I'm reading is that more gamers that still live with their parents voted on that, than selfsufficient people actually consciously concerned with the economy.

/devilsadvocate
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The people who vote for that kind of nonsense, only have short term memory, like almost all Americans (they base who they should vote on, on the last few commercials...). Simcity just went wrong, every other failure of every other company is instantly pushed back in their minds, so they all vote EA. It means nothing.
    Yes, because EA have ONLY RECENTLY been a bad blight upon the Gaming industry?

Not all the reboots and Sequels that destroy games, constantly aiming for a casual audience that simply does not want their produces, cannin dozens of great studios by buying them and then totally changing the way they make their games defeating the point of buying the studio in the first place.

The reason why this little poll is so damn useful is it hurts EA. At it would forever hurt EA more than any of the other businesses on the list.

Banks and Oil companies can shrug it off, like they did years past.

But EA's reputation gets a stab each and every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    It was probably a poll amongst interested people on the internet, a big part of the US wont even know what Electronic Arts is, and why they are "bad".

Making "bad" games is so much more worse than illegally foreclosing on homes, inflating fuel prices, and prescription drug companies holding the medical field and our own government hostage. Seems legit.