Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A serious question

What I'm about to write is actually just a random nonsense message to mess with bots and the likes who try to figure out the message the OP is trying to convey - so bear with me for just a few more words; before we begin, let's sit back and relax, calm our nerves, and pretend this sentence made any sense while I can tell you that I am in fact the OP addressed in the first part of this sentence. Okay here goes ... (+1 me for awesome random introduction). Have to write something in this line too so it's harder to skip over the first paragraph.
    Why do I constantly get banned while all those retards who can't even spell correctly get to walk free ... I mean even mods (some of them at least) ... if you don't know the difference between its and it's you should be in school (or at home studying for your next English exam) and not on mmo-champion. And yet, I make fun of some people, maybe post a few racist remarks and I get banned while those mongoloids continue spreading their illiterate garbage on the forums. I never once made fun of / hated on someone without good reason. I mean frankly, if someone is sincerely looking for help, they get a fair reply from me, but it's not fun reading something littered with mistakes.

Infracted - do not post just to insult other posters.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-04-12 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    Nobody likes a grammar Nazi, that's why.

Edit: Or racists.

Forum rules here err on the side of civility. If you can't deal with that, this won't be a good forum for you. There's plenty (most, really) other forums that have almost no rules with regard to civility.

Not everyone is a native English speaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...if you don't know the difference between its and it's you should be [...] not on mmo-champion.
    Ok, let me get this: people that don't know english can post freely, and you constantly get banned, and you're saying that they are at the wrong place? And they are the "mongoloids"? Really?

I'm afraid you're not as smart as you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Ok, let me get this: people that don't know English can post freely, and you constantly get banned, and you're saying that they are at the wrong place? And they are the "mongoloids"? Really?

I'm afraid you're not as smart as you think you are.
    no problem
    edit: I don't mind if you make a couple mistakes, the thing is if you do it constantly it really becomes an annoyance.
    I just corrected you to make the statement ironic.

Anyone who thinks that spelling and grammar have even the slightest bearing on a person's intelligence, integrity or the validity of their opinion is an uncouth moron.

People like to think that those who do not spell or puncuate correctly are somehow "beneath" them. You appear to be one of these... however the truth is more than often the opposite.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    What I'm about to write is actually just a random nonsense message to mess with bots and the likes who try to figure out the message the OP is trying to convey - so bear with me for just a few more words; before we begin, let's sit back and relax, calm our nerves, and pretend this sentence made any sense while I can tell you that I am in fact the OP addressed in the first part of this sentence. Okay here goes ... (+1 me for awesome random introduction)
    Or how about -314159265 for a pointless and annoying introduction?

Have to write something in this line too so it's harder to skip over the first paragraph.
    Yes, because putting confusing stuff at the start of your wall of text really wins over your target audience...

Why do I constantly get banned while all those retards who can't even spell correctly get to walk free
    Because calling someone a "retard", no matter how impeccable your spelling may be, is still against the forum rules.

its and it's you should be in school (or at home studying for your next English exam) and not on mmo-champion.
    This may be true, but, it doesn't make it acceptable for you to:

make fun of some people
    post a few racist remarks
    or to refer to people as

mongoloids
    I never once made fun of / hated on someone without good reason.
    Bear in mind, the word "good" is pretty subjective. After reading through your little diatribe, I suspect you will classify many reasons as "good" where most rational people would believe them to be bad reasons.

I mean frankly, if someone is sincerely looking for help, they get a fair reply from me, but it's not fun reading something littered with mistakes.
    It wasn't particularly fun reading your post either, yet you don't see me calling you a mongoloid or retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Anyone who thinks that spelling and grammar have even the slightest bearing on a person's intelligence, integrity or the validity of their opinion is an uncouth moron.

People like to think that those who do not spell or puncuate correctly are somehow "beneath" them. You appear to be one of these... however the truth is more than often the opposite.
    it does show education....though OP is the person which should leave mom-champ immediately

I don't agree. I think grammar's a pretty good heuristic for intellect. You'll be wrong occasionally, but if you decide to skip over screeds written without standard capitalization and punctuation, you won't miss out on a lot of profound comments.

People like to think that those who do not spell or punctuate correctly are somehow "beneath" them. You appear to be one of these... however the truth is more than often the opposite.
    Hmm, good point; however - isn't it perplexing how the ones who get annoyed by this are also part of the latter group?
    Last edited by xindralol; 2013-04-12 at 01:35 PM. Reason: rawr

So you use the word "retard" as an insult, and admit to making racist comments, and you wonder why you get banned?

I sense pretentiousness, I don't like it. I don't care about the grammar of other people, it seems a stupid thing to bitch about or get upset about. The only time I point out grammar is when someone is calling another stupid or an idiot, but doing so with bad grammar.

Anyway, get the fuck over it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 09:36 AM ----------

Hmm, good point; however - isn't it perplexing how the ones who get annoyed by this are also part of the latter group?
    Isn't it more perplexing that a person who seems to be intelligent (at least in their opinion) wonders why he gets banned when he says racist and other derogatory remarks? I mean this person clearly isn't on the level they think they are if they must ask this question, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    So you use the word "retard" as an insult, and admit to making racist comments, and you wonder why you get banned?
    No, he's wondering why people are spreading that illiterate garbage, especially since browsers have built in spell checkers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Nah, most of the stuff I post here isn't really meant to be taken seriously (just read my past posts). Sometimes to get a point across you have to exaggerate a bit; I guess this is one of those moments.

Nah, most of the stuff I post here isn't really meant to be taken seriously (just read my past posts). Sometimes to get a point across you have to exaggerate a bit; I guess this is one of those moments.
    Obviously it's not one of those moments if it's being missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I constantly get banned while all those retards who can't even spell correctly get to walk free ... I mean even mods (some of them at least) ... if you don't know the difference between its and it's you should be in school (or at home studying for your next English exam) and not on mmo-champion. And yet, I make fun of some people, maybe post a few racist remarks and I get banned while those mongoloids continue spreading their illiterate garbage on the forums. I never once made fun of / hated on someone without good reason. I mean frankly, if someone is sincerely looking for help, they get a fair reply from me, but it's not fun reading something littered with mistakes.
    Because you touch yourself at night.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

What I'm about to write is actually just a random nonsense message to mess with bots and the likes who try to figure out the message the OP is trying to convey - so bear with me for just a few more words; before we begin, let's sit back and relax, calm our nerves, and pretend this sentence made any sense while I can tell you that I am in fact the OP addressed in the first part of this sentence. Okay here goes ... (+1 me for awesome random introduction). Have to write something in this line too so it's harder to skip over the first paragraph.
    Having bad English isn't against the forum rules. Flaming and making racist comments is.

And I think it's hilarious, (read: hypocritical) for you to say that people that don't know the difference between its and it's should be in school, while you say shit like, "I never once made fun of / hated on someone without good reason". Didn't you learn in kindergarten, or from your parents, that two wrongs doesn't make a right?

Deleted
    Why do you even care as long as you can understand what it is they want to convey? Not everyone have it as their native language.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-04-12 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't agree. I think grammar's a pretty good heuristic for intellect. You'll be wrong occasionally, but if you decide to skip over screeds written without standard capitalization and punctuation, you won't miss out on a lot of profound comments.

and why is it that only English grammar counts ? why don't you or anyone else EVER see people with sever cases of grammar bitchy-ness on *any* other forums in another language other than English ?

over the years , reading and engaging in forums, i discovered one thing and one thing alone with certainty : grammar only comes into play when one party of an argument runs out of *VALID* arguments

it comes natural to all natives , NOT to anyone else, this "spelling" obsession some people have , so, truthfully , whenever someone feels compelled to bash someone's head against a desk for missing a letter, or confusing some Unimportant verb conjugation that bears no meaning difference, just ...don't forget to breathe