[Resto] PTR mana pool changes?

Erm looking at the ptr notes on the main page this morning.

Anyone else seriously concerned that if that info is correct and goes live, that would lower healers max mana from 300k to 240K (baring any other changes).

WTH! There is content already where we are not exactly swimming in mana. Chopping 60k off our mana pool is ridiculous!

Anyone been on the PTR and able to confirm this?

Since there is no change to casting hybrid classes that only use mana (priests) in all specs or monks who only have mana as mistweaver, you can assume they are increasing the base manapool for lvl 90 chars from 60k to 100k (shamans, druids, paladins).

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Since there is no change to casting hybrid classes that only use mana (priests) in all specs or monks who only have mana as mistweaver, you can assume they are increasing the base manapool for lvl 90 chars from 60k to 100k (shamans, druids, paladins).
    That would be even worse, since spell costs are all based around base mana. That would effectively increase all spell costs by 66.7% (and btw, changing base mana to 75k, not 100k, would keep the current max mana of 300k, but would increase all spell costs by 25%)

I would much rather suppose that bilzzard has not gotten around to describing the mana changes for priests/monks just yet. (or that this whole mana change thing wont actually happen)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-04-12 at 01:39 PM.

Sorry, it's only 75k instead of 100k, but yes you are right.

Don't read too much into this. Might be a simple typo, or increasing base mana for those classes (then manacost reductions will come soon), or reducing all healer mana (then reduction to priests will come soon along with adjustment of their manacost).

This is not finished at all, so no point arguing (asking GC on Twitter could be more useful).

Blizzard just kill healers why are you trying to torture us?

Deleted
    perhaps its a stupid thought but could it be related with changing mana pools in general e.g. making gems that give 2% extra mana to actually give 2% extra mana removing limitations to 300k mana ? Basically trying to make changes based on mana to balance classes by releasing the 300k mana limit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely, hybrid non casters are having their mana pool raised to 75k. That would require the casters to have a 300% bonus instead of 400%, giving no net change.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, ugh, ugh! I promised myself never to overreact to PTR notes...but please, please, please...make this not be as bad as my first reaction to this note was! I am sure Blizzard will fix this in a way that makes this seem a distant and hard memory of utter pain!

Signature design by Shyama
    I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Most likely, hybrid non casters are having their mana pool raised to 75k. That would require the casters to have a 300% bonus instead of 400%, giving no net change.
    As if Hurricane could even be more expensive... /sigh

If that's the case then I'm looking forward to reductions to base mana costs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    As if Hurricane could even be more expensive... /sigh

If that's the case then I'm looking forward to reductions to base mana costs.
    You don't understand.

We'd get 75k base mana too. Plus 300%. It's the same as 60k base mana + 400%.

Our mana pool would not change.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

You don't understand.

... Which would make the mana cost for spells higher cause it's based on a % of base mana
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

You don't understand.

But spell costs are derived from base mana pool. So while mana pool would be the same, spell costs would increase, reducing effective mana pool.

If they plan to reduce mana cost of spells to accompany this change, then one would wonder, why bother with doing anything at all if there is no net change?

It's PTR so take it with a grain of salt, but it seems the change is intended to be a nerf.

GC has posted on his Twitter that this is just a slightly complicated tooltip change....not a real change....Unfortunately I not allowed to include a link to that yet.

You don't understand.

You've got it backwards. This would have no effect whatsoever on the non-casting specs of these classes, as mana cost is tied to base mana. It would only affect the casters.

Do note, though, that this change is not reflected in the official notes. It might simply be an obsolete artifact from earlier tests.

There is no mana pool change. As I said before, you have to more careful in what to believe to be real. This never looked like an intended change.

It's a tooltip fix, the change to our mana will be none

I don't see how putting false info in counts as a tooltip "fix".