Read the signature rules
On the other hand, yes these forums are here for asking questions and stuff, but if you do, you have to have the will improve, listen to what fellow locks are saying and try to adjust yourself. If you fall into your own belief and refuse to make some changes simply because of your how-it-used-to-be in the past you are not making it easier for people to help you, you will be the victim of your own mistake)
---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 01:38 AM ----------
2. You Gateway should be your backup anyways.
3. He always casted Cataclysm 30s after Fel Hunters. (Glyph of Enslave Demon, you have 25s or so to kill 3 adds then re-enslave, the charge has a huge range and Cataclysm has a long cast).
4. You should be putting it on the boss right as you enslave anyways, stance shouldn't matter.
5. As soon as you see it cast, port to LOS, you have so long to kill him, you shouldn't need to squeeze dps.
6. Unless you bug the encounter with Gateway debuff uptime near 100%, you should be porting on every CB (or sac pact).
7. You shouldn't need more that 6 anyways.
8. You sure it despawned and you didn't just banish it, so that it doesn't attack Kan or you?
A lot of these probably has to do with you latency, what exactly is it? (Know that Blizzard has suggested requirements for playing the game, if you have a high amount of ping, then you just have to manage, even if that makes the encounter bug out.)
I know many locks that completed it and none have said anything about any of these 'bugs'.
RE: the gate not working, found this out in pvp, if you are out of los of the exit when you click, you wont be ported and you get the debuff* but you cant see it.
"I think our star, the Sun, is highly over rated. At least the moon shines at night, when it's dark. The sun only shines during the day, when it is bright outside anyway."
"Technology will be the second coming, and it will hit us while we're looking for a man" - SYL
A few times I felt like I was out of LoS of Kanrethad and still got hit by CB, but it didn't happen often enough or reproducibly enough that I thought it was a bug. You just have to be completely LoS'd and the pillars are rounded enough that you have to be way in the corner, if that's the strat you're using. I can't say anything about the Pit Lord tanking strat since I just tanked Kan myself, was about 506 ilvl or so. But a lot of the fight revolves around micromanaging the Pit Lord, using Charge at the right time, perfect positioning for Felhunters, pretty much Fel Flame Breath on CD. I've heard if you accidentally resummon your pet, it despawns the Pit Lord.
The Gateway, when I was doing it, you just had to be right inside the portal when you clicked it. If I was outside of it, it wouldn't work even if the gear appeared yellow. Even though it did work reliably when done in that way, standing right inside it, I guess it still technically counts as a bug, but you can still get it to work.
I have done the the encounter about 18 times and every time he has alway run to the middle to like he is going to cast it, he either casts it for a second and stops or just cast his other spells to then run to the gate to summon imps.1 . Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm before the Imps
I've noticed if you use your gateway and stay in it till the debuff expires this will happen and it won't work correctly until you run out of the area then back.2. Sometimes, your demonic gateway dosen't work ( even with 5 charges and no cooldown)
That's a mechanic you have to plan for. I just turned the hounds away from the pit lord and they never freed him from enslavement.3. Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm within 30 seconds of summoning the felhunters, and if you cant enslave the enemy you're meant to stop a 1 shot kill with, how do you do it?
All pets you enslave/summon run to your side, simple macro will help with making it attack right away or pressing default key ctrl+1 while selecting the boss will do it.4. The enslaved Pit lord is automatically on defensive instead of assist, so it runs to you instead of attacking.
If you aren't fast enough to get behind the pillar while he is casting then it will hit you. If you get behind it while its airborne you're sol.5. Getting killed by Chaos bolt around corners because the hit detection on the pillars dosen't correctly LOS.
Your pet might have aggro but it doesn't hold it well at all, just your immolate dot will put you above its aggro. I speak from experience.6. Getting Killed by Chaos bolt when your pet has aggro.
I've never seen that before, only time I've seen him cast Doom is if I charged him to interupt it.7. Sometimes Kanrethad bugs out and casts the soft enrage 3 times in a row, ending up with 21 mins on your enrage timer
This happened to me once, I can't remember what I did but I remember when it happened I figured it would despawn because of the situation. Zinnin reminded me of what happened, I pushed Flames of Xoroth and it resummoned my pet. Thats why I wasnt supprised it when it despawned.8. Sometimes your Pit lord despawns
Last edited by QmasterMKII; 2013-04-13 at 10:05 PM.
Hmm I can't say I had any obvious bugs when I worked on Kanrethad, some wonky LOS "issues" at most on some tries. But never anything major, only my own mistakes...
#1: Saw this often. You mean before first imps, right? He never completed the cast for me, though -- he stopped himself 1 second in, even if I didn't charge him.
#2: Saw this often. I'd have got him 10+ attempts sooner if not for this. My favorite "broken gateway" experience was when I spam clicked it and it despawned.
#3: I think this is part of the encounter. Ideally you should have them dead in 15-20 seconds.
#4: I don't know the normal behavior of Enslave Demon as it was off my toolbar for some years before this. However, if you can't figure out how to click a pet bar you probably have bigger problems than this with the encounter.
#5: I don't think this is a bug. I think this is lag related. Always have him /focus and cast bars on. If you see his cast more than half complete when your gateway activates, pop all defensive cooldowns and have your pet breathe on the boss to get that +50% damage done buff *off*.
#6: Definitely not a bug. Unless I'm sorely mistaken about the fight's fundamental mechanics, chaos bolt targets *you*, always. The only way around this is if you're out of LOS when chaos bolt's cooldown expires, he simply won't cast it. (Notably, I did have him simply not cast it, with me in LOS, but this was always irregular and came very late in the fight).
#7: Others have reported this. I didn't experience it. Worst part of this is that they claimed it still ticks after 7 minutes.
#8: Never experienced this, but damn, that'd be horrible.
The plural of anecdote is not "data".
From the attempts I pumped out on Kanrethad, this is what I got:
1. This happens when you use your demonic gateway very early in the fight to drop aggro to your pitlord. The boss is on a timer to cast Curse of the Ultimate Doom on you, then suddenly you're dropping aggro and he's attacking the pitlord, so it bugs out and delays the cast. In turn it causes all of his timers to mess up, and he does a 1 second, self-interrupted Cataclysm before his timers all reset, and he starts with his "rotation" from Curse of the Ultimate Doom again.
2. Never had it happen. You 100% sure you didn't have the debuff at the time? Or the duration on Demonic Gateway wasn't running out and it was actually despawning as you were trying to use it?
3. He shouldn't be casting it "sometimes", he should be casting it every time. It's based off a timer. It's Blizz's way of saying "Down the Felhunters ASAP or die." And I never had issues with Felhunters dispelling the Enslave. You need to work on your positioning if you're allowing for that. A really easy way to cheese the Felhunters is right after the Cataclysm that comes just before the Felhunter summon, move your pitlord directly to the right of the portal. Don't need to move him a mile away or anything. Just plonk him right down on the right hand side (in range to melee Kanrethad as he summons the Felhunters). Stand on the left side of the portal (slightly in front, so LoS isn't an issue), and drop RoF across the portal (I personally dropped two, to cover more area, in case the Felhunters spawned slightly off-centre, which they did some times). That way the Felhunters aggro immediately to you, due to being hit by RoF, and won't dispell the Enslave on your Pitlord. They have a 270 degree field of vision, so if your pitlord is on the right and the Felhunters aggro to you and immediately turn to face you on the left, it's an issue you would never face. Pop your Dark Soul as Kanrethad is summoning them, Havoc and immolate the first one that spawns, Chaos Bolt the second, immolate it too, then Chaos Bolt the third and immolate it too, then turn straight back on to the boss. Dead in seconds. Less damage taken that way, less risk of getting chaos bolted, and less risk of Pitlord being freed.
4. Just set him onto Kanrethad as soon as you enslave him. Move your mouse to where the "Attack" button is for pets as you're casting Enslave Demon, and click it the moment the cast goes off. GG.
5. If you're getting killed by Chaos Bolt you're doing the fight wrong. You want as much uptime on the debuff from Demonic Gateway as you can, so the boss is only Chaos Bolting the pitlord. Not you. If you're unable to reach your Demonic Gateway for whatever reason, either drop aggro with Soulshatter, or pop Sac Pact + Healthstone and/or Ember Tap so you're at 100% with another 100% absorb.
6. If you're getting killed by Chaos Bolt it means you had aggro when the cast started, and he just finished his cast. If that's the case, you need to pop a cooldown (see above), or get higher uptime on the Demonic Gateway debuff.
7. Only had it happen once in all my attempts, and it was a double cast rather than triple. Non-issue though. Just makes the fight easier, and/or means you don't need to use a Purification Potion.
8. Never had it happen. You moving him miles out of range or something?
Click for LK/Cata main's armory (this toon has the correct achievements earned- more than my Worgen)
^ Click for current main's armory ^ (Broken until Blizz make new armory pages for Oceanic realms after moving them to AUS)
The only bugs I saw while on this fight would be with the felhunters. The first being one of them not spawning at the big gateway but in a random spot in the room. Then another was an evasion glitch.
Had over a 100 attempts of trying before i got mine , i think you are " seeing " buggs wich aren't there at all. Seriously , just think of a better way to try to get this nerved..
The fight does have some bugs but i feel as though some of the listen ones are easily fixed.
Just be ready to make your Pit Lord attack, sometimes your pet won't have aggro for a few seconds before he casts CB so he will proceed to still cast it and the gateway doesn't work sometimes if you died with a SS on and didn't recast the gateway before fight.
I mean these can get pretty annoying over time but all you have to do is keep trying :P
Had this happen to me a few times, the only think i can fathom that causes this is camera angle being glitchy2. Sometimes, your demonic gateway dosen't work ( even with 5 charges and no cooldown)
Dark Bargin will save you, park your ass up against a wall so you dont fly miles into the air if you have to resort to using it for that reason.3. Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm within 30 seconds of summoning the felhunters, and if you cant enslave the enemy you're meant to stop a 1 shot kill with, how do you do it?
tbh put it on passive and then make it attack him, i found it incredably annoying on my 1st go to see it go for the imps/felhunters. I would make it hit the doomguards to get aggo and leave them up however.4. The enslaved Pit lord is automatically on defensive instead of assist, so it runs to you instead of attacking.
Not true. Happened to me a few times but that is because of server delay and not porting in time. Sure on your screen you LOS him before the last milisecond of the cast finished, but unfortuantly it doesnt work like that, take server delay into account for the ports.5. Getting killed by Chaos bolt around corners because the hit detection on the pillars dosen't correctly LOS.
As far as i can tell, Chaos is always ment to be at you, never the pet.6. Getting Killed by Chaos bolt when your pet has aggro.
Cant answer, never happened to me.7. Sometimes Kanrethad bugs out and casts the soft enrage 3 times in a row, ending up with 21 mins on your enrage timer
Only ever happened to me in my first few tries when experimenting with distance and i would push it to far.8. Sometimes your Pit lord despawns
---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 01:17 PM ----------
The plural of anecdote is not "data".
Didn't expect this thread to still be going.
I took a few bits of advice and glyphed the auto portal but it still trips out and dosen't teleport me, I can still get to p2 felhunters before something happens and I end up dying, still come across a few of the same bugs, he's still casting cataclysm soon after he releases the first set of felhunters, and I know it isnt a dps problem on the felhunters, as I can pass that stage with ease when it dosen't happen.
I think I might just leave it for a while to see if anything gets fixed, I got so close to killing him two days ago and the portal let me down yet again at like 20% or something, ended up ragequitting for a few days haha.