Caster Burst By Far Way too HIGH right now

Gotta love that powershot gets nerfed along with rapid fire bonus (5.3) but I can still walk around in RBGs and find triple lock double boomkin teams AOEing your entire team down at once, and then easily, with no zerker, throwing out 180k chaos bolts, 240k starsurged, AOE silence, and 200k shadowburns.

Pre nerf, powershot was basically a chaos bolt on cloth that wasnt guaranteed to crit, and a gimped version on plate because of armor - and it had a 1 minute cooldown, instead of being able to run and cast 3-4 in a row.

AOE silence is plain stupid, especially when you can take multiple boomkins.

Against that comp, they literally one shot players with 1 spell as your whole team dies. And its not skill... this enemy team was keyboard turners.. and we had a lot of 2400+ arena players (including myself, which last season was beating rank 1 teams on by battlegroup in 3s)

Just hilarious that taste for blood gets nerfed and warriors forced into battle stance (squishiest class in the game), hunters get nerfs to all burst, but mages still icelance for 70k on a high resilience target with 15% stance mitigation, and that chaos and starsurge havent been nerfed. Oh, and shurikan toss got a buff.

How does ghost crawler keep his job?

Shuriken toss change is a nerf.

Beam is getting a slight nerf next patch to make it less game breaking but it will still be annoying.

from what i read last time, it had cost double, but dmg doubled, meaning you do the same amount of damage in half the time

clarify if im wrong, but a 100% increase to dmg and cost is a buff - the only downside is smaller generation of combo points

Quote Originally Posted by abramss View Post
    from what i read last time, it had cost double, but dmg doubled, meaning you do the same amount of damage in half the time

clarify if im wrong, but a 100% increase to dmg and cost is a buff - the only downside is smaller generation of combo points
    The problem is that the upfront damage portion can currently be spammed 6-7 times before they are out of energy, then they can wait for the auto-hit ranged portion and keep spamming after a few seconds. After the change they'll do more damage up front, but won't be able to spam it as many times, which is an overall nerf, I think. though the math hasn't been clarified yet. Building fewer combo points is pretty significant, since it affects their ability to silence/stun.

the thing is, you can already see upwards of 70k dmg when you add in the toss, the poison, and auto-attack, per second (if it crits and you have maybe one trinket procced).

Being spammable is really nice, true, but its a bit scary to think the upfront damage is doubled. With cloack n' dagger and paralytic, the stunning wont change a whole lot. On the PTR in pvp I sometimes found the dps to be higher at range than in melee due to energy costs... Eviscerate burst may still keep 3s focused on melee but in rbgs and random pvp (including 1v1) shurikan is just a monster when paired with recuperate spam.

Deleted

The smaller generation of combo points is a huge nerf. The only thing making shuriken toss a bit to strong was the deadly throw in that equation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just caster burst, pretty much all burst is too high.

Deleted
    Ret paladin says Hi btw

Gotta love that powershot gets nerfed along with rapid fire bonus (5.3) but I can still walk around in RBGs and find triple lock double boomkin teams AOEing your entire team down at once, and then easily, with no zerker, throwing out 180k chaos bolts, 240k starsurged, AOE silence, and 200k shadowburns.

Pre nerf, powershot was basically a chaos bolt on cloth that wasnt guaranteed to crit, and a gimped version on plate because of armor - and it had a 1 minute cooldown, instead of being able to run and cast 3-4 in a row.

AOE silence is plain stupid, especially when you can take multiple boomkins.

Against that comp, they literally one shot players with 1 spell as your whole team dies. And its not skill... this enemy team was keyboard turners.. and we had a lot of 2400+ arena players (including myself, which last season was beating rank 1 teams on by battlegroup in 3s)

Just hilarious that taste for blood gets nerfed and warriors forced into battle stance (squishiest class in the game), hunters get nerfs to all burst, but mages still icelance for 70k on a high resilience target with 15% stance mitigation, and that chaos and starsurge havent been nerfed. Oh, and shurikan toss got a buff.

How does ghost crawler keep his job?
    Casters gonna cast. Aoe classes gonna AOE. Don't like aoe silences? Counter them.

A hunter complaining about imbalances and calling no skill. Classic.

I wish people would start seeing that there are ways around a aoe silence. Its stupid obvious that it is going to happen. Have a Paly pop Devotion Aura. Makes EVERYONE immune to the silence for its duration. Shamans can spirit walk and boom, not silenced if they get solarbeamed.

feedback based on bgs/rbgs/world pvp is always bad. as long as its fine in arena its ok.

the whole idea behind RBGs is that in the end of the season everyone will be doing the same dmg/heals/silences/etc just like end of cata - castercleaves rbgs had full heroic trinkets/daggers/dtr and it was pretty insane with billion shadowbolts going around.

just the way rbgs have always been ^_^

Deleted
    Blizzard always favor casters. Everyone knows that.

Ghostcrawler is a mage IRL.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-12 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Blizzard always favor casters. Everyone knows that.

Ghostcrawler is a mage IRL.
    He's a DK. This thread is going places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even when sick, a thread like this makes me smile.
    We have no need for flame bait/troll bait threads so I'm going to lock this.