For The Ward! - After unlocking final stage.

So I never got around to actually getting the achievement when you could all sorts of tricks and mobs to get the achievement with, but now that our server unlocked the final stage of the Isle, everything I've tried doesn't seem to work.

No more troll canoes are spawning.
    No riders over Violet Rise flying over.
    The troll pat around the center is gone. I waited for a half an hour with no avail.
    Can't find a Mogu, Troll, or Saurok that works.
    The Mighty Devilsaur doesn't work.
    The random wildlife doesn't work (Though I knew this, but I figure I'd try again anyways).

So what the hell works now, or is this doomed to be a PvP achievement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusDV View Post
    So I never got around to actually getting the achievement when you could all sorts of tricks and mobs to get the achievement with, but now that our server unlocked the final stage of the Isle, everything I've tried doesn't seem to work.

No more troll canoes are spawning.
    No riders over Violet Rise flying over.
    The troll pat around the center is gone. I waited for a half an hour with no avail.
    Can't find a Mogu, Troll, or Saurok that works.
    The Mighty Devilsaur doesn't work.
    The random wildlife doesn't work (Though I knew this, but I figure I'd try again anyways).

So what the hell works now, or is this doomed to be a PvP achievement?
    There is a pack of trolls with a quest mob within them, nurlaka? next to the beast pens/next to the huge ass kraken in the water, just kite the quest mob (the raptor works aswell) get sub 10%, activate ward and kite around it.

I must've tried this at least 20 times with various methods, including keeping some alive just below 10% and then activating the ward. That pack doesn't seem to work anymore it seems =(

I cannot find any mobs that work anymore...

Seems to be broken now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm having the same trouble.. I've had Nurlaka at 400 hp and just circled around the ward.. did absolutely nothing.

Shame, too. It's that and 2 parts of the Trove scenario and I'll have Stormbreaker finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Horde, go to the camp and there should be some Trolls flying about on their flying mounts. Hit the mount once, and the troll will fall down. Get it to under 10%, and then bring it to a nearby ward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post
    There is a pack of trolls with a quest mob within them, nurlaka? next to the beast pens/next to the huge ass kraken in the water, just kite the quest mob (the raptor works aswell) get sub 10%, activate ward and kite around it.
    I tried bringing Nurkala to a ward for the achievement before stage 5. It didn't work. Did they change it recently?

I tried for about an hour today trying to get this achievement. Nothing worked. As alliance I found doing this doubly frustrating because every solution I read online is for horde to kite the dinosaur around the quest elites to the ward.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes you have to rightcklick the ward so that it is 'powered up'.....I did it when I pulled a stone mogu from the diremoore to the wards outside Dawnseeker Camp...was pretty easy; 4mins.

Make sure he doesn't path back....the animated mogu have some tricky attacks but are very slow so you can dodge their attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius View Post
    Yeah I'm having the same trouble.. I've had Nurlaka at 400 hp and just circled around the ward.. did absolutely nothing.

Shame, too. It's that and 2 parts of the Trove scenario and I'll have Stormbreaker finished.
    From my experience Nurlaka doesn't work. I got the raptor to work on one too and then the Troll/God Hulk that roams around. Easiest way I did it was dps then down to about 10%, activate ward and just let it finish it off. Did this the other day on one of my newer alts.

Also, you guys are activating the ward, right? It's not powered up and you have to manually do it by clicking on the icon above the ward.

It seems the Horde have a much easier time than Alliance. I cant get anything to activate the Kirin Tor Wards.

Since people are talking about this, I decided to try it out on an alt I know I havn't done that achievement on (horde side):
    Go to 38,42 (the exit from the horde camp, where the last wards are). Look for a Zandalari Skyscreamer coming flying in, and range attack it just before the big red wards oneshot them. Zandalari Beastcaller will fall down and aggro you, make sure you tag him & drag to the 2 little wards by the exit and right click both so they attack him, and then afk untill he dies. *bam* achievement.
    Don't use the other wards near the guards, or they will aggro the Beastcaller & ruin the kill for you (no achievement).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I tried bringing Nurkala to a ward for the achievement before stage 5. It didn't work. Did they change it recently?
    I did this achievement yesterday. I brought Nurkala and his crew(a few trolls surrounding him) with me to the ward across the river and got it on my first try.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysauce View Post
    I did this achievement yesterday. I brought Nurkala and his crew(a few trolls surrounding him) with me to the ward across the river and got it on my first try.
    Horde side? Anyone do this Alliance side yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I found a way! Alliance side on Final Stage.

If you go down the steps and observe the boat on the left side, occasionally there's a Sunreaver Magus in the water.
    On the shore, a ward can be spotted. It's a bit of a way to kite, but it IS doable.

Some things to watch out for/keep in mind:
    - It's a caster >_>' so you will need to interrupt "Fire Shot" to make them move faster.
    - Occasionally will cast a spell that can't be interrupted (unless you have a knockback spell). Just soak it up/heal, but stay close.
    - There IS a guard near the ward and it WILL attack, I got lucky with the ward finishing it on my first shot, others may not =\
    - Empower the ward (it hits much harder) and you'll notice your target has "Eye of the Kirin Tor" when it gets close.

Just keep close to the ward & target and let the ward take care of it afterwards. Good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Since people are talking about this, I decided to try it out on an alt I know I havn't done that achievement on (horde side):
    Go to 38,42 (the exit from the horde camp, where the last wards are). Look for a Zandalari Skyscreamer coming flying in, and range attack it just before the big red wards oneshot them. Zandalari Beastcaller will fall down and aggro you, make sure you tag him & drag to the 2 little wards by the exit and right click both so they attack him, and then afk untill he dies. *bam* achievement.
    Don't use the other wards near the guards, or they will aggro the Beastcaller & ruin the kill for you (no achievement).
    Thanks for this, worked first time with no probs following your instructions to the letter.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Deleted
    As an alliance I got this by luck after the final stage was open on my realm, The canoes at the bottom of the stairs to violet rise seem to spawn trolls very rarely, but several at a time when they do, achievement gained on a wednesday (not sure if day has any effect) from one of these trolls

I tried Nurlaka & his guards as well, horde-side. I kept having the issue of guards killing them before the ward finished them.

Eventually a guildie jumped on his Alliance toon, flagged, I stabbed him a little & then let the ward kill him. Much easier :P

After a few days, I found a working method.

If you by chance have an alt who hasn't done any of the scenarios, the mobs who are supposed to be there throughout the various stages (I.E. The Skyscreamers in Phase 2) will be there. I did this on my Horde whom I never play much.

While the server has unlocked all the final stages, my alt did none of the scenarios. I just did the first one to put my character into P2 and lo and behold, the Skyscreamer with the troll on its back was there. I just knocked it off the Skyscreamer, dragged it to a ward in the base, and activated the ward when he was at about 10%.