Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Well this is the to-do list:
    create and finalize a format( whether via twitch or mumble or skype)
    pick a date/time
    pick and invite and get rsvps from guests
    organize the great list of topics
    advertise the event
    do the event
    ???
    profit
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

You left off a very serious line item:

Ordering pizza.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

@MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Deleted
    Cookies will always be the prime choice. Here's a great recipe exceptionally well suited for death knight discussions (beware, highly addictive!):

The cookies:
    300 grams of butter
    3 dl oatmeal
    1 egg
    3 dl sugar
    5 dl wheat flour
    15 ml vanilla sugar
    20 ml baking powder

Filling:
    150 grams of butter
    15 ml heaped flour
    30 ml cocoa
    1 dl whipped cream
    2 dl sugar
    15 ml vanilla sugar

Instructions:
    1. Melt the butter and add the oatmeal, stir.

2. Add the other ingredients (not the filling) and mix them together. Divine the mixture into 40 molds, put them in the oven for about 9 minutes, at 200 degrees.

3. As step two is being completed, melt the butter for the filling and add the other ingredients, stir. Once 9 minutes have passed (step 2), take out the cookies, make a deepening(?) in the middle of each cookie and add roughly 10-15 ml of filling in each. Put them in the oven for another 4 minutes.

4. Keep them in the fridge until you feel like consuming them (but at least let them solidify slightly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    List of topics
    Wouldn't hurt to think of some glyphs that are actually useful.

Will this be recorded? A transcript available for the people that are unable to attend?

It will be posted as a podcast or as a recording on twitch.tv or something similar.

Yes.

Progress on the to-do list:
    Formatting:
    I've been experimenting with some streaming software, like xplit, OBS, and ustream producer. I've been able to get ustream working at a crappy quality, but it should be fine for audio streaming, but I haven't figured out how to make it both hear what I hear and hear me. I have not managed to get anything working that will allow me to stream on twitch. Working with a mac has it's downsides.

As an alternative, I'm considering an open mumble for the discussion, with guests muted by default, but able to listen in. I'd like to just livestream a skype call though, and I'll continue to work on it.

Not sure entirely what the aim of this conference is, but I would imagine that some of the talent tree would fall somewhere in the agenda.
    Roiling Blood and Death Pact are both nothing short of mandatory (bar rare exceptions and niches) for Blood. Death's Advance is up there too, but the alternatives in that tier are excellent when their niche comes so it's not as bad.

http://wowpopular.com/Blood/Death+Knight/Raid/Talents
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0.html#specs

Our tree is just hugely uninteresting for the most part, which is a shame because I consider the rune regen talents to be the best-designed tier of any class and wouldn't mind more meaningful choices like that.

We are going to have limited time, and as you said, talents are for the most part no-brainers. Not much point in discussing them. Aim of the conference is to go over topics without a "right answer" that we all agree on, (individuals might have what they think is the right answer, and want to argue their case), and talk about them. Potentially add a Q&A in at the end.

Update:
    Format:
    Thanks to some help, I've got OBS up and running (mostly) on a windows virtual machine running on my mac. Successfully streamed to twitch, so that is a go. Still need to decide if we're just going to stream a skype call, or have some fancy formatting, and I need to do an audio check, but formatting is mostly setup. So what's next? Going to set an INTIAL time/day at 3 pm EST on Saturday the 27th of April. I'm also going to start working on guests, and should one not be able to make that time/day, it might be adjusted. We'll see.

Deleted
    Damn you yanks! Are you going to record it somewhere so people who have work/live on other continents can have access to it?

Yes, plan is for a VOD to be on twitch, and maybe put a copy on youtube/itunes. What time would that be for you that prevents you from making it?

Cosmetic spell change

screw class balance.

I imagine all classes should get this eventually. But I really feel that DKs need a story update and cosmetic change choice.

it runs off away from the "death" theme, which is why it would be a choice.

>would involve binding the death knights to Bolvar, and gaining his undeath augmentation, dragonfire. As well as the holy powers the light(possibly) has allowed him to keep.
    >Blood and Frost visuals could turn into Fire and Flame, as red dragonfire heals/cleanses as well as destroys.
    >Unholy could change to Holy visuals, and gain a paladin-esque pet over the the ghoul.
    >all spells and mechanics would stay the same, except change visuals/descriptions

>Bolvar, or someone in the wotlk afterstory would get the DK on the track of the quest... probably after a drop of some kind.
    >player would go talk to A'dal/Alexstasza respectively for tasks to achieve the essence required to create the new blood/unholy runes. As well as go to the Firelands to get a destructive flame essence for the frost runes

I understand that this takes completely away from the the death theme. And not everyone wants a holy undead, and would probably just troll-suggest I go play paladin, or undead priest.

The class is still so far a Hero Class, and I feel it deserves a heroic advanced class choice.
    Dance on the edge of eternity

Quote Originally Posted by syteless View Post
    screw class balance.

I imagine all classes should get this eventually. But I really feel that DKs need a story update and cosmetic change choice.

it runs off away from the "death" theme, which is why it would be a choice.

>would involve binding the death knights to Bolvar, and gaining his undeath augmentation, dragonfire. As well as the holy powers the light(possibly) has allowed him to keep.
    >Blood and Frost visuals could turn into Fire and Flame, as red dragonfire heals/cleanses as well as destroys.
    >Unholy could change to Holy visuals, and gain a paladin-esque pet over the the ghoul.
    >all spells and mechanics would stay the same, except change visuals/descriptions

>Bolvar, or someone in the wotlk afterstory would get the DK on the track of the quest... probably after a drop of some kind.
    >player would go talk to A'dal/Alexstasza respectively for tasks to achieve the essence required to create the new blood/unholy runes. As well as go to the Firelands to get a destructive flame essence for the frost runes

I understand that this takes completely away from the the death theme. And not everyone wants a holy undead, and would probably just troll-suggest I go play paladin, or undead priest.

The class is still so far a Hero Class, and I feel it deserves a heroic advanced class choice.
    To my knowledge, no class in the game has ever received a "story update and cosmetic change choice." The closest thing to that would be the arrival of green fire for warlocks in 5.2

While your idea is interesting, it's more of a vague design wish than a topic we can discuss. Implementing anything even close to that would be a large amount of work, and as devs had said before, it's hard to justify large amounts of work for content only seen by 10% of the player-base. In the round-table we hope to go over death knights in their current state, for the most part, not make a basically brand new class out of lore. Perhaps you should try the suggestion forum over on battle-net?

To my knowledge, no class in the game has ever received a "story update and cosmetic change choice." The closest thing to that would be the arrival of green fire for warlocks in 5.2

While your idea is interesting, it's more of a vague design wish than a topic we can discuss. Implementing anything even close to that would be a large amount of work, and as devs had said before, it's hard to justify large amounts of work for content only seen by 10% of the player-base. In the round-table we hope to go over death knights in their current state, for the most part, not make a basically brand new class out of lore. Perhaps you should try the suggestion forum over on battle-net?
    Eh, it was implied that this was because of green fire for warlocks, I didn't mention it though.

all I did was come here from Zarhym's tweet on it. And honestly, the more people that know about it, the more ideas can form, and the more tangible the thing will become.

I've personally never gotten more than 5 views on any forum post I've made on battle.net, ever. I either miss the people who care, or my ideas suck, oh well. I got this here, people may look at it, or discard it as implausible entirely like you may have.
    Last edited by syteless; 2013-04-16 at 01:13 AM.
    Dance on the edge of eternity

Deleted
    Yes, plan is for a VOD to be on twitch, and maybe put a copy on youtube/itunes. What time would that be for you that prevents you from making it?
    UK time + working weekends currently. Bit of a bad combo really .

Ok, another update.

3 pm EST on sat april 27th looks like it works for most people. Still ironing out the guest list, and I have to remember to make sure I can actually stream audio.
    Going to be announcing a new guest everyday in this thread (today is still tuesday, right?), until we run out of guests, which will either be this friday or saturday. At that point, going to make another thread here, and several other places, as an "official announcement" (hehe official). That thread will have the finalized date/time, topics, and guests. That is when we start advertising. This is taking a fair bit of work to put together, and the more people that can benefit from it the more worthwhile it will be. So spread the word! There will be no adds on twitch (I think, I'm not going to turn them ON), and the only benefit we'll be getting from this roundtable will be the chance at learning something new, and being able to (hopefully) help people.

So yea, first guest:

Mendenbarr! Me!
    Yes, shocking. I'll be going to the roundtable.
    Who am I?
    I'm just a guy.... who theory-crafts.... kinda good... and spends way more time then he should playing around with dks.

Maintainer of the Frost and advanced tactics thread on EJ
    DK dev of simulationcraft (more profiles and action lists than actual coding, you've got the rest of the amazing dev team there to thank for that)
    Consultant to icy veins frost and unholy guides.
    "Creator" of festerblight. (Another guest (spoilers) came up with the name, and my good friend Deci of Pie Chart had the original idea, but I managed to prove a gain in sims, and spread the idea around via EJ guides and word of mouth.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's guest!

And on topic, we're pretty much set on well, topcis, for the round table. You guys came up with a bunch of great ones. If anyone else has more great ones, we're still listening though!

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 02:06 AM ----------

Next guest:

Magdalena!
    Owner and founder of the #Acherus theorycrafting channel for nearly 2 years.
    Blogs at Son of a Lich
    Currently writes BiS lists for unholy on EJ.
    Namer of festerblight!

Who will be next?

P.S. I'm currently running into some technical troubles with the audio for my streaming setup. If anyone has a lot of experience either running parallel desktops 7, or knows of a good freeware that I can use to stream to twitch on a mac, please PM me.
    Last edited by Mendenbarr; 2013-04-17 at 06:12 AM.

bump

looking forward to this

3rd guest:

Reniat!

You may know him from his tanking guide here, on MMOC.
    Consultant to icy veins for the blood guide.
    Active theory-crafter on EJ.

Mags and myself specialize in damage, and Reniat is our tanking expert.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 12:19 AM ----------

4th Guest:

Matron Heartless!

She is the author and maintainer of the EJ unholy guide, and has been since dragon soul.
    Named Timmy the ghoul!

Only 1 guest remaining! Who will it be? I don't even know!
    Last edited by Mendenbarr; 2013-04-20 at 04:20 AM.