Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should a DPS be able to 1v1 a healer?

In My Opinion. Witch is just an opinion. That a DPS, No matter the class shouldnt be able to solo a healer. I would just like your thoughts on This subject, as a healer and a DPS point of view.

Deleted
    with enough time they should be able to oom the healer i think, but not a quick kill. but i also dont think a healer should be able to kill a dps 1v1 easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not burst wise. With a good amount of CC/Silences/Interupts, yes. You don't want Healers to be god-mode in 1v1

IMO 1v1 DPS vs Healer should be a never ending draw that neither can win so long as neither screw up, but a healer should be able to hold out against 2 DPS for a shortish amount of time before the DPS are able to bring the healer down.

A healer won't kill anything alone, the selfheal/absorbs of dds is way too high, and healers get 0 benefit from pvp power for their damaging abilties.

If a DD could easily solo a healer, bringing a healer would be completely pointless and they could as well be removed from pvp content.

10+ Year Old Account
    burst him down thru heals/cd's? no. But should be able to run him dry eventually or outplay him with cc's , interrupts and so on.

Yes I think a dps should be able to 1v1 a healer, also vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with healers is you can 5v1 a healer and sometimes the healer will win even with cc interrupts etc.

Edit: By win I mean survive.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    Yes I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    My problem with healers is you can 5v1 a healer and sometimes the healer will win even with cc interrupts etc.

Edit: By win I mean survive.
    wtf game are u playing? xD

5v1 and u cant kill a healer? wow

1v1 dps vs healer should last indefinitely. Healer not able to kill dps but dps not able to kill healer. IF they're both equally skilled and geared

in a duel outside of arena? No
    In arena? Yes, but some effort must be needed to kill healer

Quote Originally Posted by Atfirst View Post
    in a duel outside of arena? No
    In arena? Yes, but some effort must be needed to kill healer
    See, I didn't think about what battle fatigue adds to the equation. A DPS really shouldn't be able to kill a healer out in the world, if they can then a healer has 0 chance in an arena with battle fatigue in place.

I think a dps should be able to kill a healer with a little assistance inside an arena. Meaning extra damage, or interrupts or ccs. But should NOT be able to do it by themselves.

Deleted
    DPS aren't usually able to solo healer, but some classes are able to though. If you don't have heal reduction or great burst, you probably won't be able to kill healer, anyway, healer is usually able to run away, or use some cds and run away, or just have somone to peel for him.

Healer shouldn't be able to survive 1v1 without peels for too long. But if the healer has cds, he should be able to survive for at least a minute, which is the case right now. Classes like DK, mage, rogue, warrior, will bring down healers after a while, but other than that, healers may just live indefinitely, but in combination with one of those classes its just deadly for any healer, in matter of dozens of seconds. Monks and druids are probably best for solo survival, others close by.

All this with battle fatigue in mind, in duels its more complicated because healer cant just run away and los that easily but almost the same applies, mages, rogues, dks, warrios, possibly hunters will eventually take down healer even in duel.
    Last edited by mmoc84af5ad5d2; 2013-04-12 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorpurple View Post
    In My Opinion. Witch is just an opinion. That a DPS, No matter the class shouldnt be able to solo a healer. I would just like your thoughts on This subject, as a healer and a DPS point of view.
    1v1 should be a tie (neither should be able to kill each other).

2v1 the healer should be able to last some amount of time but lose eventually.

5v1 obviously bar major CD's anyone except tank should just get nuked, and tanks should of course also die, just not as quickly. (RBG thing, basically they should last an appropriate amount of time getting swarmed at a flag for the team to come help).

In an ideal world (in my opinion), a DPS should eventually be able to kill a healer through ooming (not damage, CC, bursting) - if both players are equally skilled.

Two DPS should be able to kill a healer through cc and damage (or burst without peels).

Currently though, some classes (not naming names) can easily 1v1 a healer in less than a minute - while other classes could 1v1 a healer for a week and not put a dent in their health pool or mana.

I think a DPS should be able to solo a healer, and at no point ever be in danger of dying to one. But it should take a fair amount of time, of course. The problem right now (or at least early in MoP, I have not played since) is that healers do enough damage that if a DPS class has weak self healing, the healer can simply heal himself to full in a flash and slowly but surely kill the DPS. It should never, ever be that way.

Deleted
    What DD classes can reliable solo a healer today? DK´s and mages. Thats it

as ele shaman i cannot defeat the pillar boss, this makes healers take -80% damage, along with resil its too much to handle.

imo of course a dps should be able to kill a healer, however its shouldn't be an easy task. just tunnelling and allowing a healer to free cast there is no way a dps should ever be able to solo a healer of equal gear. however using stuns, interrupts etc they should be able to kill a healer.