Thread: [Ele] Trinket

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Ele] Trinket

Could we once and for all get an BiS trinket list?
    Atleast could we get some motivation on why some trinkets are worse than others?
    Thanks.

Deleted
    Seconded; has there been a BiS list for all gear yet?

I don't think there is a BiS list yet since most people are only just getting the Meta gem on their servers. Which may or may not change the best gear available. But i', pretty sure its Hydra and Cha-Ye's.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies

with the latest simcraft you can see wusholay as bis with cha'yes and haste sim better than mastery even with the legendary meta socket

Look at the gearing section of the 5.2 Elemental Guide that is stickied on this forum. The trinket section tells you what to use.

Think the BIS trinket would be Wushoolay's Final Choice with Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen on the #2 spot.

Deleted
    There are Elemental guides on Totemspot, this forum and already dozen of posts about people asking which trinkets to chose. Guess what, it is already answered.

Hydra > Vision = Cha-Ye's > Wushoolay's ~= Volatile Talisman > any trinket available prior to 5.2

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6829

Its bullshit that Hydra is BIS, it proccs from DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by ACRL View Post
    And you should always have a DoT on the target.

Deleted
    It seems that people still don't know what RPPM does.
    Here is the info: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893549789#1
    Last edited by mmoc8f7998508b; 2013-04-14 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    It suprises me that Shaman from guild like FES is so clueless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    It suprises me that Shaman from guild like FES is so clueless.
    Like using non upgraded Essence of Terror instead of relic or tailsman... Also going for haste with 4pT15.

Anyway on topic:
    Here is the outline of RPPM:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

So, there are pros and cons of both of those types of procs. We’re trying a new system for these enchants. This new system, nicknamed Real PPM, aims to give the random nature of procs, the scaling with haste, and the ability for us to balance them assuming a standard proc frequency. Here’s the short version of how you can expect them to function:

• Windsong is 2 Real PPM, and Elemental Force is 10 Real PPM.
    • Come patch 5.1, Dancing Steel and Jade Spirit will be 2 Real PPM, River's Song will be 4 Real PPM, and Colossus will be 6 Real PPM
    • Regardless of how you’re attacking or healing, slow or fast, with DoTs or direct heals, whatever, you can expect to get the same proc frequency, on average.
    • Dual wielding and having both weapons enchanted with the same enchant will double the frequency of procs that you get.
    • This Real PPM is increased by your haste %. (The highest of your melee, ranged, or spell haste is chosen).Simple as that.
    • Whether you’re an Affliction Warlock dealing very frequent DoT ticks and Malefic Grasp ticks, or a Holy Paladin casting purely Holy Lights, or a Combat Rogue quickly attacking and using specials, or an Enhancement Shaman attacking with slow melee attacks and spells, or a Shadow Priest channeling Mind Sear on fifty Onyxian Whelps, you’ll get 2*Haste Windsong procs or 10*Haste Elemental Force procs per enchant per minute.
    • We’re excited to see how this proc system works out. If it works well, we may start using it for more types of procs. Feedback about how it feels is most welcome.

Here are even more nitty gritty details, if you’re interested:

• It can proc from any damage/healing event. It keeps track of the last time it had a chance to proc for that enchant.
    • It calculates the difference in time since the last chance to proc. It uses that time to determine the chance for that event to trigger a proc.
    • For example, if you have 22% Haste, it was 1.4sec since the last chance to proc, and you’ve got Windsong, then the chance to proc is 2(ppm) * 1.22(haste) * 1.4(time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 5.693%.
    • The ‘time since the last chance to proc’ is capped at 10sec, so that your first attack of a fight isn’t a guaranteed proc.

Well noshit, but the fact that its one DoT which you cant multidot efficently with its gonna procc very rarely. Just like the Elegon Trinket.

Deleted
    Basically what i'm trying to say is that it should have the same uptime on a Ele Shaman as on a Aff Lock or Boomkin.

Seems wierd because when i used the Hydra trinket myself i had extremely low amounts of proccs, could be me just beeing really unlucky.

I run a 27% uptime on the Hydra trinket.

Deleted
    Having won wushoolay's and hydra, then coined cha-ye's trying to get the chest (all normal 522), I find hydra has just as much uptime as the others, if not slightly more reliable, the only "problem" being having to have flame shock running on a target while AoEing, but having to go out of my way to do that is a pretty rare thing.

Quote Originally Posted by turkeygiblets View Post
    Having won wushoolay's and hydra, then coined cha-ye's trying to get the chest (all normal 522), I find hydra has just as much uptime as the others, if not slightly more reliable, the only "problem" being having to have flame shock running on a target while AoEing, but having to go out of my way to do that is a pretty rare thing.
    FS lasts for 30 seconds, just make sure to refresh it before you know you are about to aoe...