Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Football team stop the bullying of a handicapped girl

Source: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...y-johnson-boys

What a encouraging and heartwarming story! - a group of popular footballers - without telling ANYONE! - turn the school experience around for a bullied sophomore. Chy Johnson has a genetic birth defect which gives her the capacity of a third-grade level - and was bullied. She'd go home, crying. Carson Jones, a popular football player was troubled by it, and enlisted his teammates to change that, without telling anyone. Carson included Chy at the “cool” lunch table with his teammates. Another footballer, Tucker Workman, walked with her between classes. Cornerback Colton Moore sat behind her in the classroom.

The best part is, the football players kept it a secret. They told NO ONE - no one at school, not even their families.

Chy calls the football team, "my boys." As in, instead of coming home crying, Chy bubbly announces to her mom, “"I'm eating lunch with my boys!"

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having a shitty couple of days. This has gone a long way into brightening them up.

Though I do have to ask: If they didn't tell anyone, how do we know? /paranoid face
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Awwwwww. :')

With the depressing ass stories about raped girls being bullied to the point of suicide, it's nice to see the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Chy's brain works at only a third-grade level because of a genetic birth defect"

...so why is she in high scool then?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    I remembered watching this story on E:60 and it's truly amazing what these guys done for her. How can anyone bully a handicap person? It just sickens me.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    "Chy's brain works at only a third-grade level because of a genetic birth defect"

...so why is she in high scool then?
    I'm guessing she's in a special education program at the school.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    I remembered watching this story on E:60 and it's truly amazing what these guys done for her. How can anyone bully a handicap person? It just sickens me.
    Yeah honestly I just hope those bullies get executed for real. :/

Might sound inhumane but you don't need people like that in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    With the depressing ass stories about raped girls being bullied to the point of suicide, it's nice to see the opposite.
    My thoughts on this exactly. Very nice contrast to the recent doom & gloom news of the schoolworld.

Yeah, I really really can't fathom that. Really disgusting.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a disabled person since birth myself, tho physical not mental, I went thru a lot of crap myself, and had the fortune of good friends who looked out for me. This is very heartwarming and encouraging, considering the whole bullying, cyber-bullying thing wasnt really a factor for my high school class almost 25 years ago now. So nice to see some respectful and kind folks are still out there helping where they can! /hugs
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

That's amazing. I wish we'd have more people like this

attn steubenville: this is how a football team SHOULD be acting
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

That's really cool.

I had some great football players at my school who did similar things. Nothing to that level. Basically, they just didn't tolerate bullying.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    attn steubenville: this is how a football team SHOULD be acting
    Quoted for truth. Kids seems to be sadistic. They want to see someone hurt to pleasure themselves. It's really great that people with the power are doing the right thing with the said power.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Deleted
    Funny how football players are depicted to be bullies then in movies. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Funny how football players are depicted to be bullies then in movies. :P
    They're typically the larger, stronger, more aggressive, and popular guys. Not hard to see how that stereotype happened.

(Nothing against football players in HS. As I said above, the ones at my school were good people.)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Back in school there was a kid who got cancer and though he lived through it, the experience impacted his health enough so that he became partially handicapped and some of the usual bullies picked him as their new target soon after. When the biggest bully of them all (in both senses of the word) found out about this he took them all for a little lesson on the schoolyard for everyone to see, all by himself. Coincidentally he didn't bully anyone after that I'm aware of. His little sister was handicapped so that propably lit the fuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Back in school there was a kid who got cancer and though he lived through it, the experience impacted his health enough so that he became partially handicapped and some of the usual bullies picked him as their new target soon after. When the biggest bully of them all (in both senses of the word) found out about this he took them all for a little lesson on the schoolyard for everyone to see, all by himself. Coincidentally he didn't bully anyone after that I'm aware of. His little sister was handicapped so that propably lit the fuse.
    Wow, that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Wow, that's awesome.
    Well he was suspended for a while and the others only got away with detention so justice wasn't served completely.