Heroic tortos tellmewhen question + more

dHey guys,

Just like all the many tortos threads, I am here to ask more questions!

First off, I'd like to know if anyone who uses tellmewhen (tmw) knows how to actually put in the crystal shell to be tracked seeing as how im a loser thatdoesnt lose weakauras :P I've tried showing it as a buff/debuff and selecting all of the 3 crystal shells that come up when i put the id in but i cant get the damn thing to work. anyone figure this out?

Onward to the real meaty information. My raid has 2 tanks that are not usually amazing for this fight...a guardian druid and a prot warrior. I was wondering if we could just bypass the part where i tell you that we get to 60% hp and chaos ensues due to bat's eventually just not being able to be killed fast enough and ask if using our unholy dk to kite would be viable if we ask him to go frost for this fight. One of the tanks would obviously go dps to compensate.

Thanks in advance bro's.

- Dastrox of Borean Tundra

I wasn't able to set it up for tmw, so I had to get weakauras and set it up there (actually imported it from someone eles' profile in this forum)
    For some reason my setup for shield barrier/vengeance wasn't working for crystal shells so I had to get weakauras

Anyways heres the string to import(make sure there isn't any spaces between the letters, when you copy paste theres gonna be spaces so remove them.)

d4ZAeaGAPqDBQyxsPQTrkxwYmvH6WIA2eopv6MQqUMI6BkP1rQk2Pk1Er7wK9Ri(jfzykX4KsUePQYqLc0GvKgUk5G srCksvPJrHZrrTqi1sLIQfRk1YP0dvbpfSmvXZj5XqYuPQjlvtx4IKQKRkfLNrQCDf2iu6tsrAZqSDvj)vv10uv(mu 9DsvmsPuzusbmAv04Ls5KsbDlO40eDpPqoePQQFRuVMuLAAqpHm9miOiy1TyqWHqNqNEcTzcbrvbXIPvRwgRlZARMx 0wmBwhrW89rW1ecIQcIfZQXZ8ZtlD6w)mRTOPremFZeQ2UYPE1jAcQsG0GBzkiG2K3B6OJ1lSEc5ExgYDkl(dRehVS k6zqWw4YDY7EveWT7XfH0WXBL44LvXBdcIDUtpb7wu0tWzicj9myWGGStWVTXwXGak65Tb9ecRehVS0tiLDQ)9vzZX 2sarM6nqt1pvt1xcB9KmLeUenHu2Pu0ZBdchSUQilMmfolHqFMmf7qiMm9q(kJsgU6pdcdv9NYofrtqnEJApsbrtiL DkchSUQilMmfolHGaQHk2o)NYEriKovNqVEpqq8UxfH21KMFe2MDmdcNLe)m4T2mbXo3PNGDlk6j4meHKEgmimu1FQ Evw(MbHUuDjYUqKrP3kcyhcbbBHl3jV7vrqIANi0MjeevfelgnTwZlgRTmmmVQzy(Hiy(0iK7Dzi3PS4pSsC8YQONb bzNWbRRkYcSdHGqxQA8iHkKVkIMGEK94K3AZeCnHGOQG3ymAV2YYJH51hTzTNzcPHJ3kXXlRI3gm49d9e6svJhjuH8 vr0eCnHGOQGyXS(SSoVQB28Q51wApFebZ8dHWkXXll9e617bcI39Qi0UM08JW2SJjKYo1)(QS5yBj0OgrqDvcrd7em 0TQPthbudvSD(pL9IqiDQoHHQ(hjzq0eszNsrpVniCW6QISyYu4SecgeuJ3O2Juq0egQ6xDvcrd7enHu2PiCW6QISy Yu4SeccJu9QsbH8i2eqgcHcvor0miCws8ZG3AZee7CNEc2TOONGZqes6zWGWqv)P6vz5BgeSfUCN8UxfbjQDIqBMqq uvqSy(0((E09TOtB2yz9zHiy(Ari37YqUtzXFyL44Lvrpdc6r2JtERntinC8wjoEzv82GGSt4G1vfzXKPWzjemyq4f Vn(wwyqc

For the second part, I've tanked the bats for the fight (Warr) and as long as you can keep your shield up and kite/stun a bit when its about to fall off its not too bad.
    I don't personally know how guardian druids fare for boss tanking though. I guess they could be good with high physical damage reduction w/ mastery. (We had a prot pally which... tbh is pretty op this tier)

I heard about the unholy kite strat and heard it was very viable, the only danger would be for each quake stomps.

Anyways, if you guys decide to do the 'bat tanking' start, I'll leave a video of our kill in my PoV. We're korean so you may not understand what we're doing but I think you'll be able to see how I handled (sometimes pretty poorly lol but we recovered) the bats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zOeByt25SA

EDIT: I checked your comp in wow progress, and I'd say your healing setup may make it a bit tough to keep people's shields up :/
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2013-04-12 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks for the reply!

Well here is the problem. How our dps is set up right now is that IF the bats do not die right before stomp, its a wipe. We can manage consistently to get them dead before the first 3 or 4 stomps...but after that its just asking too much of us. This is why i want to lean more towards a kite strat to take advantage of the fact that the bats can be slowed.

Thanks for the weakaura line...I may just have to dig down and get the addon just for this boss. le sigh :P

Ill watch your video and get back with you about it. I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by t3kneek View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

Well here is the problem. How our dps is set up right now is that IF the bats do not die right before stomp, its a wipe. We can manage consistently to get them dead before the first 3 or 4 stomps...but after that its just asking too much of us. This is why i want to lean more towards a kite strat to take advantage of the fact that the bats can be slowed.

Thanks for the weakaura line...I may just have to dig down and get the addon just for this boss. le sigh :P

Ill watch your video and get back with you about it. I appreciate the help.
    The bats CAN be slowed. Piercing howl/chillbrains are great for it.

for the bats, shockwave just before the stomp should allow your tank to survive. You'll see that the bats survive till stomps quite often. If shockwave won't be up yet, have your bat tank kite a bit back (with slows on the bats) so that he can buy himself some time to get shielded up+bats need to move to hit him.

balance mushroom burst+ enh + unholy and some traps from your hunters should do quick work on the bats though.

I don't know about your group, but our group had trouble keeping turtles in check (dps wise) so we ended up using them on the turtles themselves (kick as they spawn) so the 4 designated dps on them (hunter+2spriest + aff lock) can kill them quickly to help on the bats.

If your group doesnt have trouble with the turtles then it may be better for you guys to use it on the bats. Of course, sometimes the timing will be set up so that you'll end up debuffing both bats and the turtles.

If you have more questions, you can PM me in this forum and I'll give you my B-Tag. will be glad to help

that sounds like some amazing info. never thought about kicking the turtle into other turtles

I'll grab your b tag to pick your brain a bit more.

thanks so much for the help!

pm'd

anticipating 10char