10+ Year Old Account

New build and windows color scheme performance pop up

I had just started getting this message "Do you want to change windows color scheme to improve performance"? It says my computer is running slow and that it could be to not having enough resources to run Windows Aero color scheme.

I have a GTX 670
    i5 3570k
    8G Ram
    Sabertooth Z77 mobo

I thought my computer should be able to handle this easily. Anyone know what could be the cause?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

It's because you are running Windows 7. Windows 7 Aero theme uses Direct X 9, and you are running Direct X 11 game. So your video card is running the game at 11, while 9 is still going in the background. Upgrading to Windows 8 fixes this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshi View Post
    It's because you are running Windows 7. Windows 7 Aero theme uses Direct X 9, and you are running Direct X 11 game. So your video card is running the game at 11, while 9 is still going in the background. Upgrading to Windows 8 fixes this.
    So everyone prior to Windows 8 coming out got this error message?

Deleted
    If it only happens when you run a game or application and assuming you are up to date with graphics drivers, then it may be a Desktop Composition issue.

http://superuser.com/questions/31457...rmance-warning
    - follow the instructions at the bottom to disable Desktop Composition for the process.

If it is not process specific, then try disabling Desktop Composition globally.

If that does not fix it, change to a non-Aero/Basic Windows color scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHy should I even be getting this message though? I have more than enough to run the game properly, and this just started happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    WHy should I even be getting this message though? I have more than enough to run the game properly, and this just started happening.
    Just don't mind it. I haven't managed to get rid of that message without disabling aero. It doesn't really matter what system you have, you are still going to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Just don't mind it. I haven't managed to get rid of that message without disabling aero. It doesn't really matter what system you have, you are still going to get it.
    I run a pretty wide variety of games without any such issues under Win 7.

Win 7 ultimate, ATI 7950, latest drivers etc. Could it be the case it's for "lower end" cards (not being a snob just thinking it might struggle to keep the dx9 desktop rendered while going full bore dx11 on whatever game your playing).

Edit:

Ahhh GTX670 so no. Pass then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.