Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    MoP was the final straw to make me say I am done with the game. The overload of repetition soon as you hit lv cap is absurd. I miss hard heroics like back in BC and when rep was hard to get but once u got it all you had to do was buy the items with gold. The game still has bad balance issues but we got pokemon? 3 man zerg dungeons? Extra tokens for a .00005%(made up % obv) chance to get extra loot from a boss? All this is considered good design? They keep pushing features that make people un social in a social game.

    IMO it started with achievements. Their way of saying "no you haven't beaten the game yet". They have gotten extremely lazy after ICC raid Cata was a lot worse than MoP imo. MoP did bring some features that are cool i guess but there is a lot of other things that years in the unmaking still need to be fixed. Blizz will be their own downfall. I mean come on they actually think D3 on console was a good move.

    My biggest gripe though would be just the whole panda thing and their lore. I don't like it at all. LK was so rich and deep. I read a lot of science fiction by R.A. Salvatore and the whole asian culture kung fu panda has not sit well with me. I haven't totally given up on blizz they have been in the game long enough to make some fun encounters at least. I look forward to their next xpac announcement. Till then there are some other great games coming out this year are worth the time to try.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    is anyone happy with MoP other than a few pve'rs? from what I have read and seen, PvP is close to completely dead, casuals are forced to continue questing for the most part at end level, and these new scenarios seem quite dull and just something to try once or twice.
    Are we seriously still pretending the main focus of 5.3 isn't pvp?

  3. #103
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    is anyone happy with MoP other than a few pve'rs? from what I have read and seen, PvP is close to completely dead, casuals are forced to continue questing for the most part at end level, and these new scenarios seem quite dull and just something to try once or twice.
    I PVP and I accept and like the changes.

    They've been doing work to make PVP much better in balance terms than in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  4. #104
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    ?

    It does EXACTLY what it was meant to do.

    thats why I suspect blizzard is pretty happy about it.

    Its not really a question of "will EVERYONE do it?" I suspect enough people do it.

    challenge modes is in the same boat. Its not for everyone, but it does what its supposed to do. A challenging 5man based on time limits like the old strat

    EDIT: I don't do much pet battles. My list isnt about the Pros of MoP (If it were, then raids would be up there), its about my guesses as to what blizzard is happy about.
    That's not the point... you just don't add something to a game because you want people to play it more... I mean partially... but you NEVER add something to a game that has no correlation to the game itself. That would be pet battles... pet battles doesn't go towards PvE or PvP or lore. It's just there... and that's pretty pathetic if you ask me. What next? Blizzard will implement casinos so that players can go somewhere else in the game to waste their time??? How about sledding? That can take up some time... do you see what I'm getting at? Just because it takes up your time doesn't mean it belongs in the game... casinos have nothing in common with the game, but just like pet battles, I'm sure people would spend countless hours playing the casino alone. Am I saying they should add them? No, but pet battles falls under the same stupid logic that blizzard is using.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    they havent fixed PvP at all yet
    What do you want fixed? How do you want it fixed? Better question is why aren't you on the PTR forums giving them feedback? If pvp isn't "fixed" it is because members of the pvp community like you only want to bitch and whine about it and have no actual interest in being part of the solution.

  6. #106
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,358
    Blizzard made absolutely sure that people will have reasons to stay subscribed this time around to avoid another disaster like Cata. Sucks that all they could come up with is dailies and weekly lockouts, but hey at least people are still paying and keeping the game n1.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why so defensive?

    Cata introduced hard heroics the players complained that they did not like them and in turn Blizzard responded with Ghostcrawler's, infamous, heroics are hard blog as a result they lost a roughly a million players.

    Fast forward to the beginning of MOP, we have dailies here, there and everywhere and not only that gear, recipes and story lines are hidden behind them. Players complain that they do not like that dailies are mandatory, Blizzard rather than taking this feedback on board instead defended the dailies, MOP launched in China, 5.2 was released, the world celebrated the holidays and MOP lost almost half a million players.

    Not long after this Blizzard admit that dailies "felt" too mandatory whilst releasing yet more... you guessed it... dailies. This time gear is not hidden behind rep that can only be gained from dailies, no this time the only way to gain rep is through killing raid bosses. Some players complain that gaining gear, especially on alts, feels like too much of a grind to which Ghostcrawler dismisses with "I'll counter that with "grind" is a word players use when they want the rewards but not the steps it takes to get them."

    I do find it interesting that you think that MOP is a "different beast" now, we still have dailies that players dislike and good luck getting enough lesser charms from pet battles. I find it funny that you think that adding "heroic scenarios because players wanted more dungeons" is a positive, by your own admission they are "super fast" although I think a better word would be cheaper to make, since when is ignoring what players want and giving them something they don't a good thing?

    I am not saying that they have to take every bit of feedback as gospel but when several hundred people are all telling you the same thing they should start to listen.
    Oh noes a few hundred people out of NINE MILLION don't like something? Blizzard better hop to it because we all know those 100 subscriptions can make or break Blizzard. Are you fucking kidding me? Listen up just because YOU personally don't like this game right now doesn't mean you are objectively right or that what you want changed should be changed. We get it. You hate the game. You bash it endlessly here with not one single positive thing to say about it. Want to hit Blizzard where it hurts? Stop playing and move the fuck on already.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 05:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I don't think they have the capabilities of doing it, they'll try and fail as always, or they won't try at all.

    OT: An incredible amount of seemingly obligatory dailies kind of killed my interest, but I'll just keep leveling toons.
    They haven't been "seemingly obligatory" since 5.2 hit. Stop it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 05:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Barely played MoP, but I can say without a doubt that it's not good. It's at the same level as cataclysm. PvP is still utter crap and unbalanced. They always seem to find a way to screw it up more and more and more. Especially with the new patch making resil a base state... what a horrid idea. PvE isn't interesting... I've been watching the latest fights on twitch and those encounters look awfully boring. If I could rate this expansion, I'd give it a 6/10. The island itself looks nice and the environment is engaging, but that's only one aspect... they nailed it there... but on every other aspect, it was a complete mess up.

    The other reason why I don't play it anymore is because blizzard is dumb. How are they dumb? Because while they could have been updating character models... while they could have been fixing PvP, while they could have been creating new inventive mechanics for bosses, while they could have been doing something more worth while... they were too busy creating void banks... transmog and pet battles. What a ridiculous company to prioritize pitiful features when the game itself has broken aspects. It was just a clear sign to drop my sub and move on... Either blizzard is holding stuff back from WoW so that they can implement it in Titan, or blizzard just lost their special touch and don't know how to properly make games anymore.
    Oh give it a fucking rest. The artists working on character models have NOTHING to do with pvp. At all. This right here is why many people consider the entire pvp community to be a joke.

  8. #108
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's not the point... you just don't add something to a game because you want people to play it more... I mean partially... but you NEVER add something to a game that has no correlation to the game itself. That would be pet battles... pet battles doesn't go towards PvE or PvP or lore. It's just there... and that's pretty pathetic if you ask me. What next? Blizzard will implement casinos so that players can go somewhere else in the game to waste their time??? How about sledding? That can take up some time... do you see what I'm getting at? Just because it takes up your time doesn't mean it belongs in the game... casinos have nothing in common with the game, but just like pet battles, I'm sure people would spend countless hours playing the casino alone. Am I saying they should add them? No, but pet battles falls under the same stupid logic that blizzard is using.
    Why must something be tied to either PvE or PvP? Does everything have to be progression based? Are Blizzard not able to add little things to the game for people to maybe have a little break from other stuff and oh, I don't know, have some fun? You remember fun right?

    Players have wanted something to do with their companions for ages. Now we finally have it. I fail to see where the stupid logic here is. Players wanted something to do, they got it. It's as simple as that.

    Sometimes updated...

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh noes a few hundred people out of NINE MILLION don't like something? Blizzard better hop to it because we all know those 100 subscriptions can make or break Blizzard. Are you fucking kidding me? Listen up just because YOU personally don't like this game right now doesn't mean you are objectively right or that what you want changed should be changed. We get it. You hate the game. You bash it endlessly here with not one single positive thing to say about it. Want to hit Blizzard where it hurts? Stop playing and move the fuck on already.
    Do you honestly think it is a few hundred people out of nine million that dislike dailies? Look at the thread about the Isle of Thunder dailies where two thirds of the people, on a WOW fan site, say that they do not like to do the dailies.

    Where in my post does it say that I hate the game?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Do you honestly think it is a few hundred people out of nine million that dislike dailies? Look at the thread about the Isle of Thunder dailies where two thirds of the people, on a WOW fan site, say that they do not like to do the dailies.

    Where in my post does it say that I hate the game?
    Do you really think every person on mmo champ voted on that thread? Don't be so naive. A small portion of people even voted.

  11. #111
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by I-like-chocolate-milk View Post
    No , blizzard isnt happy , they are losing a lot of money , and we all know how much blizzard loves money .
    Oh? Please explain.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    China launched in Q4, the West Q3.

    It is dumb to tell your customers they are wrong, they should have said they were monitoring the situation or nothing at all, just as they should have done in the past. Blizzard had an income of $1.6 billion last year there is no excuse for one type of content having to be axed in order to release another type. They are trying to see if their customers will accept the cheaper to produce content over the content they have released in the past.

    If you have a few hundred people telling that something is a problem you can guarantee that there will be more people who agree with them who just cannot be bothered to offer any kind of feedback. They had a few hundred people telling them dailies sucked in beta and look at what happened when they released the dailies on the live servers, they had even more players telling them they sucked and some of those players will no longer be playing. The issue of people wanting Vanilla servers is very different from players offering feedback on daily quests although I suspect you already know that.
    No what is dumb is for a company to allow itself to be taken hostage by customers. Customers most certainly can be wrong and most times they are and catering to the "customer is always right" has only cost companies significant amounts of profit and resulted in many going out of business. It isn't a sustainable business model no matter what you think.

  13. #113
    Their shareholders seem happy, nobody seems to be getting fired.

    I personally just got sick of doing dailies, so I just don't do those any more. but the rest of the game is fun.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Pet battles???? You love pet battles more than new skins or any other possible feature that could have benefited the game? You honestly can't count pet battles as a pro for MoP... it's not even part of RPG's... it's just a stupid pokemon spin off to waste peoples time... unless it's relevant to PvP, PvE or the Lore of the game.... it shouldn't be in the game unless it's a holiday or special event... pokemon has no place in WoW... but I guess that's just the community, they love pokemon over actual things that matter.
    Get off your high horse. It may not matter to YOU but you aren't the only one playing this game. This is what you people can't seem to comprehend that Blizzard tries to appeal to as many players as possible by offering a wide variety of content. You aren't intended to do all of it much less like all of it. Do what you enjoy and leave others to do what they enjoy. Enough with the bitching already.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 05:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Well, I think Blizzard is a little bit less than content with Mists.

    I don't think they got the player influx they've been looking for, nor has it been able to stem the long term subscriber loss they've been seeing since Cataclysm launch.

    Otherwise, I think the core player base of the game has received the game well.
    Considering subscriptions are up from the end of Cata as of Q4 of last year I think it is pretty clear they did stop subscriber loss. I honestly don't see any significant subscriber drops coming any time soon. I know this is greatly disappointing to you but the day Blizzard falls to its knees in financial ruin because you and others like you aren't being catered to isn't going to be happening anytime soon.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Do you really think every person on mmo champ voted on that thread? Don't be so naive. A small portion of people even voted.
    No I don't nor did I say that. Did an extra sentence or two that is lost in your quote appear on your screen?

    You only had to open your map on the Isle of Thunder, prior to opening stage 5, to see that the majority of players simply were not interested in the dailies.

  16. #116
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,554
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's not the point... you just don't add something to a game because you want people to play it more... ..... That would be pet battles... pet battles doesn't go towards PvE or PvP or lore. It's just there... and that's pretty pathetic if you ask me. .
    I don't see it that way.

    A) You DO add sth to a game because ppl want to play it. Ofc. That is the whole damn reasons.
    B) How are pet battle an example to prove your point? Companion pets have been in the game since day one (my Diablo, Panda and Zergling say "Hi"). They are popular (people pay RL money for them) - eventually making them into a pet mini game is so bleeding obvious - it hurts.

    Seems one of the great things of WoW is that it is so open, you can add loads of things and they work (though apparently not for you...but that never was the point to please everyone everytime)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No what is dumb is for a company to allow itself to be taken hostage by customers. Customers most certainly can be wrong and most times they are and catering to the "customer is always right" has only cost companies significant amounts of profit and resulted in many going out of business. It isn't a sustainable business model no matter what you think.
    Giving your customers what they want is being taken hostage and not sustainable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Their shareholders seem happy, nobody seems to be getting fired.
    No-one got fired over Cata.

    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Considering subscriptions are up from the end of Cata as of Q4 of last year I think it is pretty clear they did stop subscriber loss. I honestly don't see any significant subscriber drops coming any time soon. I know this is greatly disappointing to you but the day Blizzard falls to its knees in financial ruin because you and others like you aren't being catered to isn't going to be happening anytime soon.
    The last quarterly results show that subs were down from the previous quarter so whilst many came back to check out the new expansion half of them did not stick around.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No I don't nor did I say that. Did an extra sentence or two that is lost in your quote appear on your screen?

    You only had to open your map on the Isle of Thunder, prior to opening stage 5, to see that the majority of players simply were not interested in the dailies.
    I don't think it was that people weren't interested in dailies but that they already reached exalted with the rep on the Isle, so they had no reason to.

  19. #119
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,489
    I miss the difficulty. I remember a time before the Firelands patch where people actually knew all the bosses by name. I still to this day remember every boss in BWD, ICC, TK, BT, Kara, Etc. Now there's only one boss who's name I remember from this xpac, and that's Elegon. None of the other bosses stick out and are unique. The fights are all simple and bland, and the difficulty just isn't there anymore.

  20. #120
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Well, I think Blizzard is a little bit less than content with Mists.

    I don't think they got the player influx they've been looking for, nor has it been able to stem the long term subscriber loss they've been seeing since Cataclysm launch.

    Otherwise, I think the core player base of the game has received the game well.
    I think we will never come to an agreement on this. On one hand you will have the people who think Blizzard should worry about "sub loss" - and on the other hand you will have people who tell you that 9 million subs for an "old" game is unprecedented. Oh yeah..and in the middle are probaly 9 million people who are not on forums and don't care either way. They just play.

    One think that nobody has been able to answer me so far is..what this (core) "player base" is.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •