Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's not the point... you just don't add something to a game because you want people to play it more... I mean partially... but you NEVER add something to a game that has no correlation to the game itself. That would be pet battles... pet battles doesn't go towards PvE or PvP or lore. It's just there... and that's pretty pathetic if you ask me. What next? Blizzard will implement casinos so that players can go somewhere else in the game to waste their time??? How about sledding? That can take up some time... do you see what I'm getting at? Just because it takes up your time doesn't mean it belongs in the game... casinos have nothing in common with the game, but just like pet battles, I'm sure people would spend countless hours playing the casino alone. Am I saying they should add them? No, but pet battles falls under the same stupid logic that blizzard is using.
    why not? wow is pretty much a 'theme-park MMO.'

    Either way its debatable if pet battles has no correlation to the game itself . People use pets to fight in real life for entertainment. Our characters can do that too.

    Who are you to decide what goes in a game or not?

    They decided to put it in. Some people enjoy it, some peole dont, like any other content. But unlike other content (Like raiding) It does what its supposed to do pretty well.


    I LOVE raiding in MoP. But they are having trouble trying to figure out how difficult a raid should be (LFR/Normal/Heroic). People argue almost everyday if normal is undertuned/overtuned and if the nerfs were warranted or not. The appeal to raiding is to too many people and they haven't hit the sweet spot yet. (Not sure if its possible)
    Same thing for PvP. Notice how much its been changed just this xpac alone (in terms of gearing) I suspect its because they aren't happy the way they are/were and are trying to 'fix' it to make it better.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Giving your customers what they want is being taken hostage and not sustainable?



    No-one got fired over Cata.



    The last quarterly results show that subs were down from the previous quarter so whilst many came back to check out the new expansion half of them did not stick around.

    They did lay off 600 people during Cataclysm but I did not insinuate that in my post. I just meant that nobody has been fired lately.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I miss the difficulty. I remember a time before the Firelands patch where people actually knew all the bosses by name. I still to this day remember every boss in BWD, ICC, TK, BT, Kara, Etc. Now there's only one boss who's name I remember from this xpac, and that's Elegon. None of the other bosses stick out and are unique. The fights are all simple and bland, and the difficulty just isn't there anymore.
    If the difficulty isn't there then show me your heroic raid kills.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I don't think it was that people weren't interested in dailies but that they already reached exalted with the rep on the Isle, so they had no reason to.
    Undoubtedly players stopped once they hit exalted, although I would say that due to worthless rewards activity fell off quicker than would be expected from players becoming exalted, but what about unlocking the rest of the island (for some more dailies)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    They did lay off 600 people during Cataclysm but I did not insinuate that in my post. I just meant that nobody has been fired lately.
    The people let go were mostly customer service and not responsible for development.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-04-13 at 09:54 PM.

  5. #125
    I like it. It's not perfect by any means, but there's always something to chip away at, and that's a good thing in an MMO.

    The alternative, sitting in org with nothing to do, watching 12 year olds discuss political science, or seeing amateur short bus trolls tell xbox jokes, is far worse.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 05:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If the difficulty isn't there then show me your heroic raid kills.
    Apples, say hello to oranges.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrena View Post
    Here is what I think happened:
    During BC and even more so in vanilla, there was a ton of stuff to do. You just couldn't reach endgame and say you're finished.
    I disagree.

    I think there was the same amount of stuff to do in endgame vanilla and TBC, if not less, but the few things we could do took a lot of time to get done.

    So, We've got more stuff to do, but have a strict scope on what we won't do as players. Which, naturally, changes from person to person: Player A might loathe having to schedule his life to get into raids, Player B might only do PVP, Player C plays the AH, farms mats, and raids.
    And, it takes less time to get the above stuff done. PVP Queues have never been shorter, Raids aren't gated as heavily, AH Has been improved to let you push auctions in faster.

    However, that lead to the point where you essentially finished your character and couldn't improve otherwise. And personally I feel that a lot of people liked that model in wrath.
    In mists, they tried to give us more endgame stuff to do. But there is a weired spot where there is so much to do that it is impossible to do it all (model of bc/vanilla) and not quite enough and you feel compelled to do things like daily to stay competetive.
    I think you're onto something here though.

    I think there was a niche of players farming, say, the Dragon Soul 5-mans for that last drop, trying to complete the set. These players are probably not raiders if they've got a vested interest in 5's, but have probably been alienated because they're locked out of getting a set of unique looking gear, don't have the skill to play Challenge modes, and don't have the time for LFR. I'd wager they were the same players chasing Dungeon Set 1 in vanilla, Farming Mechanaar and pugging karazhan in TBC (Or hunting down the ever-elusive Dungeon Set 3?), all in an attempt to complete the set and "finish."

    We do have a significant shortage of 5-mans, this time around, which is probably why there's such a large amount of players looking for more. I think that'd be on the list of "In hindsight, we should've done..." and, hopefully, something they improve upon in the next xpac.

    If they insist that dungeons peel from raids, I'd've been happier with a slightly longer ToES, No MSV, and 3 more 5 mans (Normal and heroic?).

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I think they realized how much the playerbase HATES dailies. Beyond that, I'm certain they're quite impressed with this expansion thus far.
    yeah right thats why 5.3 & 5.4 will bring NEW dailies....

    I dont think that they are happy as Faildaria is continuing the trend of killing the playerbase of wow - but perhaps thats the plan for Titan...

  8. #128
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yeah right thats why 5.3 & 5.4 will bring NEW dailies....

    I dont think that they are happy as Faildaria is continuing the trend of killing the playerbase of wow - but perhaps thats the plan for Titan...
    Most people don't mind dailies, as long as they continue to feel optional.
    The Sunreaver-dailies from 5.2 did a great job at that.

    But seeing as we haven't had any "We will do everything different next expansion!"-message like during Cataclysm, I can say they are content about MoP.

  9. #129
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles (Vacation)
    Posts
    10,606
    I'm not happy with MoP, because it didn't manage to keep my guild together. On the other hand, now I have no reason to go back.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  10. #130
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh noes a few hundred people out of NINE MILLION don't like something? Blizzard better hop to it because we all know those 100 subscriptions can make or break Blizzard. Are you fucking kidding me? Listen up just because YOU personally don't like this game right now doesn't mean you are objectively right or that what you want changed should be changed. We get it. You hate the game. You bash it endlessly here with not one single positive thing to say about it. Want to hit Blizzard where it hurts? Stop playing and move the fuck on already.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 05:15 PM ----------



    They haven't been "seemingly obligatory" since 5.2 hit. Stop it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 05:19 PM ----------



    Oh give it a fucking rest. The artists working on character models have NOTHING to do with pvp. At all. This right here is why many people consider the entire pvp community to be a joke.
    And what do I call you? Illiterate? I make multiple claims why the game isn't at its top tier and from what I typed you pull "what do character models have to do with pvp?" Look at your prepubescent childish behavior... judging me as a pvper and then saying that's why the pvp community is a joke... Oh wow. Even raiders wouldn't want such a childish attitude with them... you're not part of any group, no one wants kids on their side.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  11. #131
    They will tell you that they are, but they also said they were happy with Cata.

    They are losing subs at the same rate that cataclysm, so i doubt they are very happy about it.

  12. #132
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why must something be tied to either PvE or PvP? Does everything have to be progression based? Are Blizzard not able to add little things to the game for people to maybe have a little break from other stuff and oh, I don't know, have some fun? You remember fun right?

    Players have wanted something to do with their companions for ages. Now we finally have it. I fail to see where the stupid logic here is. Players wanted something to do, they got it. It's as simple as that.
    If you're bored of what the game provides... then maybe it's a sign to move on??? It shouldn't be a sign on the dev team to grab as many players as possible by making their game as diverse as possible. But you're right... blizzard should just keep adding more stupid features to the game because they can. There's gold in the game, right? So casinos fit right in with your logic. People have extra change and want to spend it gambling... Especially when people get bored of playing what the game is meant for (raiding, pvp, lore/questing)... there's that backup that doesn't relate to the game but is an entirely different genre within another genre.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    why not? wow is pretty much a 'theme-park MMO.'

    Either way its debatable if pet battles has no correlation to the game itself . People use pets to fight in real life for entertainment. Our characters can do that too.

    Who are you to decide what goes in a game or not?

    They decided to put it in. Some people enjoy it, some peole dont, like any other content. But unlike other content (Like raiding) It does what its supposed to do pretty well.


    I LOVE raiding in MoP. But they are having trouble trying to figure out how difficult a raid should be (LFR/Normal/Heroic). People argue almost everyday if normal is undertuned/overtuned and if the nerfs were warranted or not. The appeal to raiding is to too many people and they haven't hit the sweet spot yet. (Not sure if its possible)
    Same thing for PvP. Notice how much its been changed just this xpac alone (in terms of gearing) I suspect its because they aren't happy the way they are/were and are trying to 'fix' it to make it better.
    Oh if you want to be that literal... how is pet battles a take on real life? Do animals sit across from each other and take turns hitting each other with no attempt to defend? I must have been really stupid to think animals just attack freely... It's only logical to believe that animals will take turns attacking each other, eventually dying. I'm glad blizzard worked hard to make pet battles as realistic as possible...
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Calm down, you'll get yourself all worked up and banned again.

    Surely it is more disruptive to argue with the players than it is to ban them from the forums? What changes did we get in 5.1 and 5.2 both contain a load of dailies despite the negative feedback. I did not claim that Blizzard ignore feedback I do however see mistakes from the past repeating themselves. Anyway thanks.
    It was pointed out to you more than a few times in this thread not to mention other threads that Blizzard has been extremely responsive to player concerns since 5.0. If you want to continue to deny it all you are accomplishing is making it that much obvious you are a hater and have no interest in anything but crapping all over the game.

  14. #134
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192
    I think they expected players to enjoy the dailies more. In my opinion it probably would have been fine if they added tabards for rep in dungeons. Players don't want to feel like the game is a chore.

    WOTLK is still my favourite expansion due to nostalgia but looking past nostalgia, MoP is by far the best and Blizzard has nearly perfected the game. Of course there's flaws and complainers but a divine force could funnel all his power to make a great video game and someone would full caps rage about something.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It was pointed out to you more than a few times in this thread not to mention other threads that Blizzard has been extremely responsive to player concerns since 5.0. If you want to continue to deny it all you are accomplishing is making it that much obvious you are a hater and have no interest in anything but crapping all over the game.
    I'm sorry your first sentence makes no sense. Again where did I say I hate the game?

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Its always the vocal section of the community, isn't it?!?

    Despite all the complaints about dailies I have not seen a single request to remove them from the game.
    Yet another flat out lie. There has been thread after thread after thread on these forums and official forums demanding their removal. Again pretending otherwise just makes it that much more obvious what your agenda is.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 07:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Not even going to argue with certain people in here. When the only thing you can find to bitch about is dailys you can call your expansion a success. Sure pvp is unbalanced but it has always been. All these threads are is my opinion is better then yours. My opinion is MoP is great, but not perfect. Enjoy your opinions people, cause im done trying to defend mine.
    The sad thing is I'm seeing a large number of threads whining about more dailies in 5.3 when not one single daily has been data mined on the PTR. The QQers are on auto pilot it seems.

  17. #137
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192
    Looking at it this way, if Blizzard fixes the issues of MoP in the next expansion it will probably surpass MoP in quality.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'm sorry your first sentence makes no sense. Again where did I say I hate the game?
    No body said you hate the game there bud.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    MoP was the final straw to make me say I am done with the game. The overload of repetition soon as you hit lv cap is absurd. I miss hard heroics like back in BC and when rep was hard to get but once u got it all you had to do was buy the items with gold. The game still has bad balance issues but we got pokemon? 3 man zerg dungeons? Extra tokens for a .00005%(made up % obv) chance to get extra loot from a boss? All this is considered good design? They keep pushing features that make people un social in a social game.

    IMO it started with achievements. Their way of saying "no you haven't beaten the game yet". They have gotten extremely lazy after ICC raid Cata was a lot worse than MoP imo. MoP did bring some features that are cool i guess but there is a lot of other things that years in the unmaking still need to be fixed. Blizz will be their own downfall. I mean come on they actually think D3 on console was a good move.

    My biggest gripe though would be just the whole panda thing and their lore. I don't like it at all. LK was so rich and deep. I read a lot of science fiction by R.A. Salvatore and the whole asian culture kung fu panda has not sit well with me. I haven't totally given up on blizz they have been in the game long enough to make some fun encounters at least. I look forward to their next xpac announcement. Till then there are some other great games coming out this year are worth the time to try.
    There wasn't repetition before Mop? Ever think to consider you are just burned out from playing the same game for years?

  19. #139
    High Overlord Zhaveros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The sad thing is I'm seeing a large number of threads whining about more dailies in 5.3 when not one single daily has been data mined on the PTR. The QQers are on auto pilot it seems.
    Yeah the playerbase is not the most intelligent. Spent 2 minutes summoning people for Nalak. While I was channeling people wouldn't shut their fucking mouths over a summon nor would anyone click the portal while they /say someone fucking summon them. The playerbase stresses me out...

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard made absolutely sure that people will have reasons to stay subscribed this time around to avoid another disaster like Cata. Sucks that all they could come up with is dailies and weekly lockouts, but hey at least people are still paying and keeping the game n1.
    What? I really don't get this. We didn't have weekly lockouts before Mop? Come on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •