Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    You do realize Blizzard told us from the get go (at Blizzcon no less) that Mop would only focus on Pandaria in the first few patches before switching back to the Alliance vs Horde conflict right?
    Source would be appreciated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Source would be appreciated here.
    ^This.

Although 5.3 does focus on Pandaria, it does go outside of the continent so it can set up Siege.

Which makes perfect sense. It wouldn't of really worked if EVERYTHING happened on Pandaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yeah right thats why 5.3 & 5.4 will bring NEW dailies....

I dont think that they are happy as Faildaria is continuing the trend of killing the playerbase of wow - but perhaps thats the plan for Titan...
    It appears atm that 5.3 isnt adding dailys, and we dont know the content of 5.4. So your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yeah right thats why 5.3 & 5.4 will bring NEW dailies....

I dont think that they are happy as Faildaria is continuing the trend of killing the playerbase of wow - but perhaps thats the plan for Titan...
    5.3 has no dailies from what it seems...

Where's your mindless hate now?

inb4beingcalledawhiteknight

inb4somehowbeingwrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    1. Lesser charms will be farmable from lvl 90 mobs in 5.3 so no dailies required. At all. I'm sure you QQers will come up with a reason to bitch about that.
    I like the change, but I do wonder about something. Doesn't that add in a mandatory grind? The only time I can see myself killing mobs in Pandaria is when I'm doing Dailies, and I can't see myself killing mobs outside of them. So while it does add another way to get lesser charms if you're happy to grind mobs all the time, but doesn't it also just add another layer to dailies? Not a bad thing, but it hardly gets rid of dailies if you don't want to just grind tons of mobs.

Deleted
    They can't possibly be happy with it .
    Player satisfaction is at an all time low and people are quitting right and left :/

i believe that mop was a big hit.
    a jump in the right direction. raiding / pvp / questing is all at a very high quality.

it might not be perfect but i rate this xpac very close to wrath which was a massive success imo.
    Loving mop

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Player satisfaction is at an all time low and people are quitting right and left :/
    I love rectostatistical arguments.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Personal feelings don't equal the whole playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I love rectostatistical arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Personal feelings don't equal the whole playerbase.
    Well, I mean from an anecdotal point of view he could be completely right, at least on his server.

I know mine went full ghost mode before 5.2, prompting a server hop with friends. So, I can't imagine people with similar experiences would feel otherwise.

I think they're generally happy with Mists. Daily-wise I think they realize they realized that gating factions via Golden Lotus might not have been a good idea and maybe there was a bit too much, but I think they're happy with it really.

best expansion so far, except the dailies

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I like the change, but I do wonder about something. Doesn't that add in a mandatory grind? The only time I can see myself killing mobs in Pandaria is when I'm doing Dailies, and I can't see myself killing mobs outside of them. So while it does add another way to get lesser charms if you're happy to grind mobs all the time, but doesn't it also just add another layer to dailies? Not a bad thing, but it hardly gets rid of dailies if you don't want to just grind tons of mobs.
    Seriously? Now grinding mobs will be mandatory? This just reinforces what we were all saying in 5.0, dailies are optional and you don't have to do them and just because it is in game you don't have to do it. Every single time Blizzard adds an OPTION it suddenly becomes mandatory even when players asked for said OPTION. Good grief just stop it already.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Well, I mean from an anecdotal point of view he could be completely right, at least on his server.

I know mine went full ghost mode before 5.2, prompting a server hop with friends. So, I can't imagine people with similar experiences would feel otherwise.
    The only thing that proves is people left the realm and not the game. Horde side on Proudmoore is completely dead now and it isn't because people quit the game it is because they all faction changed to Alliance because they have better progression. I can't imagine this isn't the case for many other realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To be successful I don't think you can ever be 100% happy with the product or service you offer there is always room for improvement. However I no longer think that Blizzard are capable of learning from their mistakes and many of the blue posts are more concerned with defending their actions to unhappy players than taking on board their feedback..
    There has been odd back peddling and contradiction the CMs and GC has been making this expansion. The start of the expansion for example the CMs and GC was going up and down that the VP rewards was not for raiders and was for non-raiders. Then months later, GC makes a tweet saying that the VP rewards was intended for raiders to do when raiding and to fill in gear gaps due to RNG. So was Blizzard lying to their customers or are they just trying to save face and support the change to VP rep being tied into a raid? It feels as if the developers really do believe that their customers are mindless sheep that can only handle mindless content.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-04-14 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    There has been odd back peddling and contradiction the CMs and GC has been making this expansion. The start of the expansion for example the CMs and GC was going up and down that the VP rewards was not for raiders and was for non-raiders. Then months later, GC makes a tweet saying that the VP rewards was intended for raiders to do when raiding and to fill in gear gaps due to RNG. So was Blizzard lying to their customers or are they just trying to save face and support the change to VP rep being tied into a raid?
    Or maybe people like you are just simply distorting what Blizzard says to push your agenda? As I recall Blizzard never said valor gear was just for non-raiders or just for raiders. They said it was for everyone. It isn't TBC anymore so the line between raiders and non-raiders isn't quite so clear and definite anymore.

They should be happy with it. It's been a fantastic expansion so far minus the occasional hiccup here and there. Unavoidable in this industry.

They aren't making any dailies in 5.3, so I suspect they are feeling not too well

Personally, it doesn't seem to go too well because most people around me who survived thru full 10 months of DS quitted in Panda
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-04-14 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Ultimately, completely soulless expansion in what is turning out to be a very soulless game these days.
    I still think this will be burnout for too many. I had fun at the start. But not for long and went back recently for a month to sell all my stuff and level a character to see what Isle of Thunder was like. Not very impressive.

Enjoy it. I'm not going back after the end of this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should be, best raids in years, plenty of world content, and more coming. They really should be. Hope they can keep it up, its had its issues like any freaking mmo ever, but its without a doubt the most fun I've had in years. Probably since Tier 8. People like the poster above will be inevitable, specially when so many people suffer from burnout and simply blame it purely on the devs, but w/e Im enjoying it, its all that I care

As someone who just came back to this fucking game AGAIN, I can say that the raid content seems really awesome but the game itself is overall pretty lame. As I've stated before, I wouldn't give WoW higher than a 6/10, most likely a 5/10 simply because it's so damn boring and really showing it's age. They're not innovating anymore. It's just Wrath 2.0 right now with better raids and more dailies. WoW is weak because it has no competition to push it. The overall MMO genre is really terrible. I think what really hurts WoW so much despite it's better raids is that the community is completely gone. There's just no one to play with.