Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I think they realized how much the playerbase HATES dailies. Beyond that, I'm certain they're quite impressed with this expansion thus far.
    All they have realized is this player base doesn't have the maturity nor the self control or intelligence to decide not to do content they don't consider fun. Players have asked for options for end game for years and now that they got it it has been nothing but screaming bloody murder over the game having content that doesn't involve sitting in a city in a queue 24/7 whether they actually do the content or not.

  2. #82
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,048
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    The playerbase overall is generally well receptive of this expansion and the content they have provided (for the most part). I would say they are happy their creation is doing well.
    Compared to what? Cataclysm?

    The raiding is phenomenal, but outside of that, I've been generally disappointed with this expansion (and even moreso with my class changes), and I'd say most other veteran players have as well (compared to BC/LK, and some crazies, even Vanilla)

    Though, it sure as hell beats Cataclysm... (like that was hard to say... *rolls eyes*)

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To be successful I don't think you can ever be 100% happy with the product or service you offer there is always room for improvement. However I no longer think that Blizzard are capable of learning from their mistakes and many of the blue posts are more concerned with defending their actions to unhappy players than taking on board their feedback..
    Blizzard isn't defending anything they are just trying to shut down players who only want to disrupt forums and constructive discussions with hyperbole and flat out lies. Blizzard is fine with players disagreeing with them and providing feedback counter to their current design philosophy. To claim Blizzard is ignoring feedback after all the changes in 5.1, 5.2 and soon 5.3 and 5.4 due to player complaints and feedback is a perfect example of hyperbole and lies. Good job.

  4. #84
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,486
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Barely played MoP, but I can say without a doubt that it's not good.
    ...right...now that is a sure fire way that ppl will listen to an opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Not really. They tweeted not long ago that only around 50% of the players have even tried them. That is why they added charms to them to lure people into trying it.
    "only about 50%"? Well..since "only about" 25 000 ppl do heroic raids and 300 000 are in normals...and they still include them in their developement (you work out the % please) ...and about 2-3 million do LFRaid....50% trying out pet battles seems like a huge success.


    At the end of the day, nobody answers what Blizzard is happy about. Because nobody here speaks, represents or works for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrena View Post
    Here is what I think happened:
    During BC and even more so in vanilla, there was a ton of stuff to do. You just couldn't reach endgame and say you're finished.
    That got tuned in wrath, where blizz tried to make endgame raiding or raiding in general more accessible.
    However, that lead to the point where you essentially finished your character and couldn't improve otherwise. And personally I feel that a lot of people liked that model in wrath.
    In mists, they tried to give us more endgame stuff to do. But there is a weired spot where there is so much to do that it is impossible to do it all (model of bc/vanilla) and not quite enough and you feel compelled to do things like daily to stay competetive.
    When you say "ton of stuff" do you mean hitting lvl cap running a few heroics and basically watching entire guilds collapse around you as players are poached due to how progression worked while you had nothing to do other than watch? Yeah that was great.

  6. #86
    The object of Mists is to keep u sitting at your pc playing WOW
    Dailies,
    Isle of Giants grinding 9999 bones,
    buff wen u get valor cap so ur alts get som more VP,
    Everything is guna drop lesser charms now, so u keep running LFR to get that 1 item u need
    thats jus a few - theres more - just check it out - everything is to keep u playing all the time ;p

    That said, I still think its the best expansion thus far.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I think they realized how much the playerbase HATES dailies. Beyond that, I'm certain they're quite impressed with this expansion thus far.

    They certainly went overboard with those and the useless rep factions. Now for the ppl that didn't raid before this is a great time to play I would think. I know for myself I enjoyed the 1st month or so of MoP more then any expansion launch I have seen, it has been all downhill from their though. Gated rep was a horrible idea, lack luster 5 mans, boring scenarios and challenge modes are just stupid at best you do them once for the medal and never go back. The real pisser for me was the raids though, so far they have all lacked fun and in many cases were some of the worst fights or trash I have seen, mix in so many doing LFR and nothing else and the player base for raids or the desire to raid is as low as I have seen in 5+ years or raid and guild leading.

    TLDR I hope they aren't because I for one am not and I don't want to have slipped outside of the target market for a game that I have really enjoyed for a long time.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I doubt it. Sub numbers aren't increasing with all the kids they figured mope would draw in. Next patch they are already making content that won't be in panda land, that really shows that blizz knows it was a mistake.

    Let's not.
    You do realize Blizzard told us from the get go (at Blizzcon no less) that Mop would only focus on Pandaria in the first few patches before switching back to the Alliance vs Horde conflict right?

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Blizzard isn't defending anything they are just trying to shut down players who only want to disrupt forums and constructive discussions with hyperbole and flat out lies. Blizzard is fine with players disagreeing with them and providing feedback counter to their current design philosophy. To claim Blizzard is ignoring feedback after all the changes in 5.1, 5.2 and soon 5.3 and 5.4 due to player complaints and feedback is a perfect example of hyperbole and lies. Good job.
    Calm down, you'll get yourself all worked up and banned again.

    Surely it is more disruptive to argue with the players than it is to ban them from the forums? What changes did we get in 5.1 and 5.2 both contain a load of dailies despite the negative feedback. I did not claim that Blizzard ignore feedback I do however see mistakes from the past repeating themselves. Anyway thanks.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I think they are really happy with MoP.

    I'm not happy anymore as i dont want to raid/lfr and Blizzard meant it's something that majority should do. I felt happier at cata 4.3, running new heroics. It really bothers me as MoP is still most polished and highest-quality expansion ever but it's not meant for me anymore.
    New heroics? What? We got 3 new dungeons that dropped relevant gear pretty much making the other dungeons obsolete for anything other than valor. I'm sorry but that system just doesn't work and has never worked hence why Blizzard is switching gears in how they do gear progression. I would much rather get new and larger raids along with scenarios even if it means we don't get 2-3 new dungeons to grind over and over and over and over and over and over repeatedly endlessly. It is a waste of developer time for very little return.

  11. #91
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,048
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    New heroics? What? We got 3 new dungeons that dropped relevant gear pretty much making the other dungeons obsolete for anything other than valor. I'm sorry but that system just doesn't work and has never worked hence why Blizzard is switching gears in how they do gear progression. I would much rather get new and larger raids along with scenarios even if it means we don't get 2-3 new dungeons to grind over and over and over and over and over and over repeatedly endlessly. It is a waste of developer time for very little return.
    The problem atm though is that JP is literally worthless besides turning in for HP to get even higher iLevel gear, and VP needs something to fall back on pre-upgrade patches. I've been sitting at 3k VP for the last week and a half because the SPA vendor is poorly itemized for me and I can't turn it into items or CP.

    LFR just fucks you sideways with RNG and isn't good enough to gear you up, meaning you have to find a group willing to do T14, but if you find a guild doing T14, it's unlikely you'll do T15 with them, and if you find a group doing T14 (PuG), it's very unlikely you'll get anything done.

    All in all, they kinda fucked the catch-up system. It's not AS bad as BC, but it's still really bad.

    How to fix: Add another 20-30% to drop rates in T14 LFR; double to triple the current drop rate in T15 LFR. "BUT PEWPEWBLAST, THAT WOULD BE SO UNFAIR AND IMBALANCED!" Actually, it wouldn't. See, the thing about LFR is that while you may get loot randomly handed to you, it could be the same piece over and over and over, so even if you're "getting gear", it could be just as worthless. The problem is we're BARELY seeing pieces drop, and when we do, it's more often than not something we don't need. We shouldn't be fighting both gear AND drops, we should only be fighting gear (or drops if they could let us choose stuff we don't want from bosses).

    Having a 15% chance to SEE loot, and a 1 in 3 or 4 chances to get the piece you WANT is just so astronomically low that it's near impossible to gear up efficiently. (In fact, a 15% chance to see a piece you want from a boss that has 4 loot "for" you would be a 3.75% chance to get the piece you need, FOR THAT WEEK)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-13 at 08:42 PM.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Calm down, you'll get yourself all worked up and banned again.

    Surely it is more disruptive to argue with the players than it is to ban them from the forums? What changes did we get in 5.1 and 5.2 both contain a load of dailies despite the negative feedback. I did not claim that Blizzard ignore feedback I do however see mistakes from the past repeating themselves. Anyway thanks.
    Just because a very vocal section of the community complains about dailies doesn't mean Blizzard should be forced to take them out. Isle of Thunder was supposed to be similar to Isle of Quel'Danas so I don't know what people were expecting if not gated areas and dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You liked running the same 3 HoT dungeons over and over? If I got what you are saying right. First time they were cool, but by the 10th time they just became tedious with Well of Eternity becoming very tedious very fast and some parts of End Time being so so. The least liked were from the beginning were Halls of Origination (too long) and Deadmines (too long as well). And lets not forget the Troll Heroics that were brutal even in a guild run.
    What this all boils down to is that players want a path of least resistance such as what we had in 4.3. It has nothing to do with enjoying the content and everything to do with wanting to gear up all your characters by playing the game as little as possible. That is terrible game design and Blizzard needs to never return to it. It hurt the game significantly and turned off many people. And yes I fully realize Mop is having the same effect on others but at some point Blizzard needs to cut their losses and if we lose bitter jaded players who hate the game and hate playing it then so be it. The game doesn't need to be designed around that kind of player.

  14. #94
    I should hope so, MOP is shaping up to be one of the best x-pacs.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I did. I enjoyed being able to "gear" my toons decently with HoT dungeons and few valor epics. I just happen to like random aoe fest 5-mans, sorry. I once counted all my troll heroic runs between my toons and got about ~250. Everyone via LFD, even got timed run done few times.
    Ok? If you like aoe fest 5 mans we have 9+ of them. Blizzard not adding more of them doesn't make existing dungeons magically disappear. I honestly don't even get this complaint at all.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Dailies that are slow and tedious and/or involve a lot of slow travel, yep, people hate them a whole lot.

    I'm sure no one at Blizzard could have anticipated this.
    Slow and tedious? What? Most daily hubs can be completed within minutes especially the pvp dailies on Isle of Thunder. As far as travel goes, again what? Every single daily hub in Pandaria is literally no more than a 2 minute flight path from either Vale or Halfhill.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    Just because a very vocal section of the community complains about dailies doesn't mean Blizzard should be forced to take them out. Isle of Thunder was supposed to be similar to Isle of Quel'Danas so I don't know what people were expecting if not gated areas and dailies.
    Its always the vocal section of the community, isn't it?!?

    Despite all the complaints about dailies I have not seen a single request to remove them from the game.

  17. #97
    Legendary! Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    6,731
    Not even going to argue with certain people in here. When the only thing you can find to bitch about is dailys you can call your expansion a success. Sure pvp is unbalanced but it has always been. All these threads are is my opinion is better then yours. My opinion is MoP is great, but not perfect. Enjoy your opinions people, cause im done trying to defend mine.
    My Warlords of Draenor Screenshots so far!
    http://imgur.com/a/YCLjL#0
    http://imgur.com/a/2rApO#0

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by I-like-chocolate-milk View Post
    Playing since release , mop is currently the only expansion who made me unsub because the game is garbage .
    > mandatory dailies , even to get an extra chance at winning something in LFR you need charms from you guessed it , dailies
    > pvp in the most retarded state ever , from low level bgs to max level pvp
    > handfull of dungeons , and most of them are horrible , bosses with 1 ability and even if u fail it it only takes like 25% of your health , so basically almost all of them are tank and spank
    > CRZ , blizzards pathetic attempt of cover the fact that dozens of realms are dead or 1 sided ( my realm Kazzak currently being horde only )
    > and most importantly , that fact that hundreds of players are forced to pay a lot of money to transfer because blizzard doesent want to merge realms.

    Now dont get me wrong , i dont hate "pandaland" , i finished all quests in pandaria ( except dailies , i dont need a second job ) and the lore/atmosphere is great , its just that everything else is bad.

    No , blizzard isnt happy , they are losing a lot of money , and we all know how much blizzard loves money .
    1. Lesser charms will be farmable from lvl 90 mobs in 5.3 so no dailies required. At all. I'm sure you QQers will come up with a reason to bitch about that.
    2. The main focus of 5.3 is pvp including some changes in how low lvl pvp works in addition to making pvp end game for fresh 90s a much smoother start and more enjoyable.
    3. Outside of when Cata first launched initially 5 mans haven't been hard since the end of TBC. Let it go. Want challenging content? Do normal/heroic mode raids or challenge mode dungeons otherwise shut it.
    4. Cross realm zones were only ever meant to address low pop ZONES not realms and Blizzard has openly admitted to there being low pop realms and other significant population issues and even if you ignore that Blizzard announced back to back subscription losses totaling over 3 million in less than 2 years so to pretend that this is some deep dark secret is pretty fucking ignorant.
    5. Blizzard doesn't want people transferring at all free or paid. Free transfers would only hasten the death of low pop realms and potentially create more of them. It isn't a solution and neither are realm mergers. This is a player created problem with a player created solution.

    In short you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

  19. #99
    I don't mind dailies but I would really like to not do them at this point since I'm exalted with all of them.. I kinda have to do them though if I want my lesser charms. I would rather not have the option to use coins on boss (never got pieces that have been useful from them anyways..) to get another change at loot than "have" to do them constantly to keep the charms rolling.
    That is my opinion

  20. #100
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The forsaken lands of Sweden
    Posts
    4,653
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Barely played MoP, but I can say without a doubt that it's not good. It's at the same level as cataclysm. PvP is still utter crap and unbalanced. They always seem to find a way to screw it up more and more and more. Especially with the new patch making resil a base state... what a horrid idea. PvE isn't interesting... I've been watching the latest fights on twitch and those encounters look awfully boring. If I could rate this expansion, I'd give it a 6/10. The island itself looks nice and the environment is engaging, but that's only one aspect... they nailed it there... but on every other aspect, it was a complete mess up.

    The other reason why I don't play it anymore is because blizzard is dumb. How are they dumb? Because while they could have been updating character models... while they could have been fixing PvP, while they could have been creating new inventive mechanics for bosses, while they could have been doing something more worth while... they were too busy creating void banks... transmog and pet battles. What a ridiculous company to prioritize pitiful features when the game itself has broken aspects. It was just a clear sign to drop my sub and move on... Either blizzard is holding stuff back from WoW so that they can implement it in Titan, or blizzard just lost their special touch and don't know how to properly make games anymore.
    Since when was PvP ever considered remotely balanced? I mean, I could at least somewhat understand any other complaint, but PvP balance is not one of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •